onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

Advert

On 15/05/2024 at 05:46, Killersrevenge44 said:

I agree. We are Little Port Vale. Be grateful Auntie Carol would say! 

Or that other famous phrase eh, "we are where we are"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, nodge said:

It really is as simple as that, he never moved away from Derby. I'm certain we would match Mansfields wages but the pull of L1 football on your doorstep is a no-brainer

Spot on . There are many factors to actually get a new signing over the line a lot of which is lost on a lot of people . It’s just not that simple !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If the club want to shift more season tickets they need to start signing decent players. Ones that make the statement of intent that we’ll be able to compete, with the current crop of contracted players we’ve got little to no chance of competing at the top end of league 2!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

105 pages in and not even the hint of a new signing- we are all mental

Yep.  The joy of being a Vale fan. 

Checking if:

• we have we signed anyone - nope. 
  • Are we rumoured to be interested in anyone - yep - most out of our price range or wage matrix.  
  • Will we or wont we go another season without signing a striker or 2.  🤣

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

105 pages in and not even the hint of a new signing- we are all mental

Same as last Summer and January, if that wasn’t bad enough we have all this rubbish from Bratts Lieutenant. Think I’ll give it a miss till August.

• Like 9

Crickey, its still early doors, the season isn't even over yet (Moore did hint we are watching players in Play Off sides), and can count the signings made so far in L2 on one hand.

You have to also factor in there will be competition for signings so very few get done early, you'll get offers/counter offers, players will go on holiday likely as soon as the season is over to rest and re-coup, managers will go on holiday etc.

It may be another month before we see much movement across the board. 

Chesterfield have made a couple of signings as they were all but up by late January and zero evidence whatsoever that we were interested in Gregory (would rather have Smith if anyone from Wednesday!). 

Yes we've been burnt before but lets give Darren Moore a chance before battering the club.

• Like 7

A player who i thought played well in the play off final Joe sbarra has left Solihull,some seem to think he has found another club and thats the reason they released him as they wouldn't be able to offer him anything

Gillingham have released Macauley Bonne... his career has certainly nosedived over the last few years

21 hours ago, werstayinup said:

It shows that decent players are getting signed up early by some clubs

I actually wonder if Moore and his staff are all on holiday at the moment as it's been very quiet on the radio with anything to do with Vale and he hasn't been mentioned by our social media either.... I would sooner them get away now and then bang on it as soon as they are back for the next couple of months

I was on holiday in Portugal a couple of weeks after our Wembley promotion. Darrell was in the same hotel as i was. He spotted me in a Vale top and came and had a few conversations. He signed 2 players while we there on holiday so being away didn't stop player negotiations.

• Like 1

I would hope that we might want to suprise ourselves and take the necessary time to decide on, and then properly negotiate over, whoever we might want to sign. Similarly, concerning who we might want to let go. Accepting, of course, that it's not all under our control by any stretch of the imagination.