onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

Just now, Hitcher said:

If we don't play Wynne today it will be our most pointless ever signing.

I agree,I do wonder though if there was interest in him from another club but DM wanted more time to look at him and that's why he got that short deal? unless like everyone else he got an injury and that's why he hasn't been involved

• Haha 1

Advert

3 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Might be worth taking a chance on Paul McCallum, Eastleigh striker, national league.

i think he has a few issues and age will be against that tbh,the issues if i remember are that he isn't the best trainer and has a bit of an attitude(not that i am against all that but cant see him fitting in with how Carol wants it). I certainly aren't against recruited a couple of players from the national league though

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

I agree,I do wonder though if there was interest in him from another club but DM wanted more time to look at him and that's why he got that short deal? unless like everyone else he got an injury and that's why he hasn't been involved

I think more than likely his gran or something lives in the area and he is living there after his glorious period in 2nd division US soccer came to a close. 

It was just another illustration of us wasting money on a cheeky punt, like the fool putting money on the derby on some slow old donkey because the odds seemed appealing. 

5 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

i think he has a few issues and age will be against that tbh,the issues if i remember are that he isn't the best trainer and has a bit of an attitude(not that i am against all that but cant see him fitting in with how Carol wants it). I certainly aren't against recruited a couple of players from the national league though

Do people really think that Paul McCullum would be an upgrade on what we have? Stick Loft in the national league and he’d be a star too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

One thing I dont think will change at the club is trying to bring in players from the youth team with the hope of selling on at some point to reinvest in the team,also the same with younger players to hopefully sell on and that's why maybe one or two will be targeted from National League or released from u23's.

As we have mentioned on here a few younger ones from the National League who would cost fees are Tolaj (22)at Aldershot,Conn-Clarke at Altrincham(22) and Stead at Barnet(23),Ormerod at AFC Fylde(18). A little older is Dinanga at Gateshead(26) who i think will interest MK Dons all have been watched by league clubs this season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

One thing I dont think will change at the club is trying to bring in players from the youth team with the hope of selling on at some point to reinvest in the team,also the same with younger players to hopefully sell on and that's why maybe one or two will be targeted from National League or released from u23's.

As we have mentioned on here a few younger ones from the National League who would cost fees are Tolaj (22)at Aldershot,Conn-Clarke at Altrincham(22) and Stead at Barnet(23),Ormerod at AFC Fylde(18). A little older is Dinanga at Gateshead(26) who i think will interest MK Dons all have been watched by league clubs this season

That is fine as long as you have a strong core / spine of hardened pros to fit them into.  The youngsters then look even better and sell for bigger fees!  We opted for the lower league chancers + kids option with spectacular failure instead.

Rudgeys team for the best part of 10 years was built around Mussy / Glover / Aspo / Porter / Foyle and Naylor with shooting stars (Guppy / Ainsworth etc) and squad fillers (Sandyman / Stokes / Corden etc) filling the gaps.

17 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

That is fine as long as you have a strong core / spine of hardened pros to fit them into.  The youngsters then look even better and sell for bigger fees!  We opted for the lower league chancers + kids option with spectacular failure instead.

Rudgeys team for the best part of 10 years was built around Mussy / Glover / Aspo / Porter / Foyle and Naylor with shooting stars (Guppy / Ainsworth etc) and squad fillers (Sandyman / Stokes / Corden etc) filling the gaps.

Oh dont get me wrong I would want a strong experienced spine to the team Ripley/experienced big CB/Garrity/ and i would love us to still be interested in Smith at Sheff Wed if he would drop so low along with a couple more of the experienced players

• Like 1

On 25/04/2024 at 17:02, Paul6754 said:

But there were a few posters on OVF who wanted to sign him as Rob says so it wasn't just hindsight. When he was at Vale Taylor was like a wasp, in your face, he was just trouble for the opposition and a goal scorer.  To be balanced Vale could also have done with keeping a few  out at the other end!!  It's all water under the bridge now.

I said I don't think there were many people who wanted to sign him because I think most people were expecting us to sign a couple of decent younger strikers because it was clear to everyone, except our recruitment team, manager and dof as it turned out, that strikers were a priority and I didn't want them spending that money on Taylor. I'm not saying nobody wanted to sign him I just think most people were like me and thought we would sign better. Turned out we signed nobody then sold the only fit striker we had but who saw that coming? Its like Carol wanted us to get relegated.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2024 at 14:43, TJHValiant said:

Not necessarily. Our ability to create those chances to score goals has been as poor as I can remember. Sang is awful at crossing and getting the ball into the box. Our biggest miss is Worrall who was good at that. I think Loft may have had more with him around. 

Ive seen every game loft has played and I haven't seen him get anywhere near any crosses, he doesn't strike me as that type of player.

18 minutes ago, kevin_struggles said:

Ive seen every game loft has played and I haven't seen him get anywhere near any crosses, he doesn't strike me as that type of player.

I watched him quite closely ( I know that sounds weird ) early on maybe October time at a home game. 

Never ever showed desire to get on the end of crosses and seemed to be on the edge of the box just meandering instead of at the business end. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I watched him quite closely ( I know that sounds weird ) early on maybe October time at a home game. 

Never ever showed desire to get on the end of crosses and seemed to be on the edge of the box just meandering instead of at the business end. 

That's because that's not the way he plays. Someone posted on here some time ago that Gasheads said he's best playing on the break with the ball played down the chanell and trying to turn players. Think he did this against us before. 

We're just not using him at what he's best at. Sounds a common theme at Vale Park right now. 

Also, I'm with @Brian Johnson I think (from what I've heard Moore is going to be given a lot more to play with in the budget. 

First we'll know if Monday when the retained list comes out, eh...

IF Carol does want us straight back up then, like Wrexham and Stockport, we'll need to splash the cash 

UTV

• Like 3