onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

We did this last season with him. To be honest I don’t think me saying he is <ovf censored>  (which he is)on a forum will make him any better or worse. I sat through countless games last season where he was attempting to play and never booed, shouted criticism at him ect. (Even though others did) then you see the 1/2 half decent games and the fans getting behind him, and then he’s crap again. He’s not a good player, he wasn’t before his time at vale and he isn’t now  

I’ve stated before on here that I won’t be attending much anyway if the likes of Loft, Lowe, Jones ect are in the side come first game of the season so I wouldn’t worry. 

If we want to progress as a club I personally feel we have to get rid of these players. If other clubs don’t want them, then we need to take the hit and pay them off even if it affects the budget. 

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying but we did do this to no avail last season. I hate this current side, I’ve never disliked a vale side but this one I really do, and baring Garrity, Chislett, Ripley and some of the young lads, I don’t want to see them in a vale shirt again. 

A bit of a sad enditment but unfortunately quite true.  Unless some real intent is shown by the club we really are going to loose a lot of fans.

• Like 5

Advert

32 minutes ago, bomber said:

A bit of a sad enditment but unfortunately quite true.  Unless some real intent is shown by the club we really are going to loose a lot of fans.

As per season ticket thread

The confidence is low and can only be reversed with signings. 

It may start season tickets sales but either way Vale need to properly plan to raise the average gate. 

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

We did this last season with him. To be honest I don’t think me saying he is <ovf censored>  (which he is)on a forum will make him any better or worse. I sat through countless games last season where he was attempting to play and never booed, shouted criticism at him ect. (Even though others did) then you see the 1/2 half decent games and the fans getting behind him, and then he’s crap again. He’s not a good player, he wasn’t before his time at vale and he isn’t now  

I’ve stated before on here that I won’t be attending much anyway if the likes of Loft, Lowe, Jones ect are in the side come first game of the season so I wouldn’t worry. 

If we want to progress as a club I personally feel we have to get rid of these players. If other clubs don’t want them, then we need to take the hit and pay them off even if it affects the budget. 

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying but we did do this to no avail last season. I hate this current side, I’ve never disliked a vale side but this one I really do, and baring Garrity, Chislett, Ripley and some of the young lads, I don’t want to see them in a vale shirt again. 

3 hours ago, Alan Vit said:

v593,

I'm not intending in any way to be rude to you, but have you ever considered the possibility that if you want to help things to get better you sometimes have to be positive and encouraging?

Ryan Loft is very probably going to be part of the Vale squad throughout next season.

Given that fact, supporters have a choice of two options -

1. Carry on being hostile to him, deriding every effort he makes.
    Result - he has no confidence and draws a season's wages for mostly sitting on the bench or out of the matchday squad altogether, then leaves Vale.

2. Offer the lad a fresh start, get behind him and encourage him every appearance, and see if he can do better over a decent run of games.
    Result - at best, he has a better season, and contributes assists and goals for the team.
    Result - at worst, we are no worse off than 1. above, but at least we played our own part well.

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

" ... we have to get rid of these players. If other clubs don’t want them, then we need to take the hit and pay them off even if it affects the budget. 

... barring Garrity, Chislett, Ripley and some of the young lads, I don’t want to see them in a vale shirt again."

Setting aside the youth players / first contract players, your plan is to pay off 14 out of the current 17 (I think?) contracted senior players?

That wouldn't just "affect the budget", it would destroy it.

If we use the salarysport claims (I don't know how credible they are) as a guideline -

Port Vale total wage bill for 2023 is:
£3,232,840 per year
£62,170 per week

Your plan would simply write off c. £2 million of that budget, with a further c. £375,000 still remaining allocated to Garrity, Chislett, Ripley.

Leaving c. £850,000 with which Darren Moore is supposed to sign the whole of the rest of the first-team squad, replacing at least 14 players.

The only alternative is that you are expecting Carol to find an additional £2 million with which to pay off those players, while still funding the full first-team budget of c. £3.2 million.

With respect, that's not in any way realistic.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

" ... we have to get rid of these players. If other clubs don’t want them, then we need to take the hit and pay them off even if it affects the budget. 

... barring Garrity, Chislett, Ripley and some of the young lads, I don’t want to see them in a vale shirt again."

Setting aside the youth players / first contract players, your plan is to pay off 14 out of the current 17 (I think?) contracted senior players?

If we use the salarysport claims (I don't know how credible they are) as a guideline -

£3,232,840 per year
£62,170 per week

Your plan would simply write off c. £2 million of that budget, with a further c. £375,000 still remaining allocated to Garrity, Chislett, Ripley.

Leaving c. £850,000 with which Darren Moore is supposed to sign the whole of the rest of the first-team squad, replacing at least 14 players.

The only alternative is that you are expecting Carol to find an additional £2 million with which to pay off those players, while still funding the full first-team budget of c. £3.2 million.

It is their fault for taking there focus away from the pitch and ignoring the obvious signs, so maybe an injection of funds could be an answer. 

Anyway paying off 14 is completely unrealistic and not the point I was trying to make. There are certain players who have gone above and beyond to be especially poor. 

For me. 
Ripley - Stays: Comfortably good enough at this level  

Plant - Stays: Needs to do better but needs to be played in his actual position, should be good enough at this level  

Clarke - Stays: Fitness a huge issue but easily good enough at league 2. 

Smith- can stay as back up: One year left back at the level he probably is. I’d release after the year is up. 

Yak- can stay as back up: I think he might be ok at this level. As above release after the year. 

Jones- Release: get rid. If no clubs interested, pay him off. 

Grant- get rid. 

Ojo- keep: should be one of the best players at this level  

Deborah: See out contract: don’t rate him but don’t actively dislike the bloke. I’d look to move him on if any clubs interested.

Lowe- Release: get rid. Way past it, offers nothing and shouldn’t have been signed. Release. 

Cass- keep: I’m guessing he will leave but would be ok in league 2 

Garrity: Keep if we can 

Sang: Keep: should be decent enough in league 2 for 1 season. 

Chislett: Keep if we can 

Uche: Get rid - for me we shouldn’t be offering him a deal.

Loft: Get rid - release. Transfer list and if no offers get rid. Dreadful footballer.

Dipepa- Keep: if we can, unless a good bid comes in. 

Walters: not too fussed either way but wouldn’t be one I’d look to pay off.

i think that’s everyone. So I’d be looking to release / terminate the contracts of 4 players. Jones, Lowe, Grant and Loft. Transfer list first obviously and then not offer a deal for Uche. I don’t think that would destroy the budget and what’s left should be an ok building block for some quality not quantity additions. I still think we will lose Garrity so possibly more funds available. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I see that a Vale fan has set up a business as an agent for players,also involved are Wozzer and Legge

Its Worrall's agent, he was on Radio Stoke the other week talking about it.

1 hour ago, Alan Vit said:

£3,232,840 per year
£62,170 per week

I thought Carol had a budget to pay for players. Obviously you know better! 

4 minutes ago, Granville said:

Its Worrall's agent, he was on Radio Stoke the other week talking about it.

Not sure who the fan is but it looks like Wozzer is now an agent as well? along with Legge? Haven't they done a podcast with the ale and vale lads

4 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Can admin please start a separate topic on Bill Bratt’s record at the Vale and move any relevant posts to that. Port vale past maybe?

Having threads continuously spammed and derailed by someone keen to keep Bill in the forefront of people minds is a bit tiresome.

Anyone who then wants to have that debate will know where to go. 

Also a reminder that if you don’t want to see any posts from a particular poster you can ignore them. 

And quoting someone to try and tell them to stop posting just gives them more visibility including to those people who have ignored them as their posts become visible again.

It is difficult to monitor IC. I'm in agreement with you and the Moore out thread was locked for similar reasons. 

Can only speak for myself not Rob or the other admins but I work full time and Rob asked me to help out. So this is my first time online for 16 hours. To monitor abuse, bad language etc. To continually bring up the same thing time and time again is tiring and draining on others who are trying to post and read articles. 

My main suggestion as you put would be to block an individual if you see fit. It should work to a certain extent but is not without faults at times. 

Perhaps ignoring said individuals deprives them of attention and an opportunity to reply. 

• Like 3

Can we all try and keep on track and use this thread for what it is about.

Transfer rumours, suggestions and when they happen debates about departures and newcomers.

This isn't aimed at anyone specifically. But baiting of our owners and bickering etc is not conducive to decent debate. 

Please try and stay on topic as it's become de-railed somewhat from the actual thread. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Can we all try and keep on track and use this thread for what it is about.

Transfer rumours, suggestions and when they happen debates about departures and newcomers.

This isn't aimed at anyone specifically. But baiting of our owners and bickering etc is not conducive to decent debate. 

Please try and stay on topic as it's become de-railed somewhat from the actual thread. 

Heard were after Victor Naldrane, 3 year deal 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Clarke-Harris signed for Rotherham.

Thank God he's signed early.

Couldn't bear a summer of dopey Vale fans suggesting we sign him every day.

Aye that was never going to be a consideration. If he couldn’t reach personal terms with Charlton he ain’t going to be agreeing them here.

There’ll be someone else though we’ll be hearing about all summer following on in the spirit of Nicky Maynard, Dom Telford and Cole Stockton before him.