onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

1 hour ago, Vale Ball said:

You don't know what the circumstances of any deal were last season.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

I do. His deadline day deal with Bristol Rovers fell through due to paperwork at a time when we jeered at us getting Loft from them as he was meant to be his replacement. 

Then in Jan a fee was agreed with Charlton but the deal fell through due to wages. 

Regardless, none of those deals would involve a move to Vale as (a) he’d want and could get at least 8k per week and (b) why play in league 2 when any League 1 team would have him? 

Advert

4 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

I didn't think I would be excited for this season but I'm really looking forward to it and seeing who we bring in. I hope the recruitment team will do a job this time.

All depends on what DM can actually do with the players he can brings in with the money available to him.  This is the joy of closed season - who will go, the players who will never come here, but there is a rumour we are about to sign them for mega bucks.  The forum is fun with rumours and that is what we all need when there is no football.  The wondering who is coming in and will they make the side better - well it wont be too hard after the past 2 seasons.  

At least fraudcroft will not be stomping all over the recruitment team and telling them how it wants it. Then bringing in players who are totally wrong.

The thrill when we actually sign a decent striker (or two) who know how to score and where the goal area is  🤣

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Stranger things have happened. 

I have a quiet feeling Loft will surprise. 

Loft - surprise - quiet feeling.  No its just wind after your curry.  🤣

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Walka003 said:
It's the same as the "don't listen to fans from old clubs" posts everytime we sign someone who old clubs say is rubbish. 9 times out of 10 they are spot on and the only example people can come up with is akpo sodje. I get why people do it, it's a comfort blanket in the face of evidence that things aren't great.

What about Garrity?  Pretty sure I remember fans from his previous clubs saying he was poor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

All depends on what DM can actually do with the players he can brings in with the money available to him.  This is the joy of closed season - who will go, the players who will never come here, but there is a rumour we are about to sign them for mega bucks.  The forum is fun with rumours and that is what we all need when there is no football.  The wondering who is coming in and will they make the side better - well it wont be too hard after the past 2 seasons.  

At least fraudcroft will not be stomping all over the recruitment team and telling them how it wants it. Then bringing in players who are totally wrong.

The thrill when we actually sign a decent striker (or two) who know how to score and where the goal area is  🤣

Exactly. I have a lot of hope for next season. One of my mates asked me to go a Stockport county game one time. I think they were top at the time but boy did portvale look so much better even though we were nere to the bottom. Gave me a lot of hope. We proved our selves against Mansfield too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Granville said:

I knew someone on here would start asking why we haven't signed Madden or that we should be in for Clarke-Harris. 

Madden has just been released by a club thats been promoted and has the pick of clubs. 

We're on a downward curve at the moment, Chesterfield are on an upward one. Plus they are inevitably going to be able to pay more than us, and that won't change until we pay off some of the 17 odd players we still have under contract. 

Clarke-Harris is capable of playing in the Championship at best and top end League One at worst. Why the hell he'd want to sign for a club relegated to League Two God only knows.

I know people will say its a rumour but frequently in the past, people have absolutely believed those rumours to be true - and when they don't materialise (because 99% of the time they're being made up by someone bored and wanting to look like they're ITK), its used as a stick to beat the club with.

That does more damage and people get annoyed because the club didn't sign that person even though we were never in for them in the first place.

We're getting nowhere near Bannan, Clarke-Harris or any other top end League One player at all. The sooner we all understand that the better, rather than bashing the club because we didn't sign Messi because @transferrumerzboy or some twit like that posted it.

I agree. We are Little Port Vale. Be grateful Auntie Carol would say! 

• Like 1