onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Northampton (A) match thread - 1st April

robf

29 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Uche blew it. So casual when he went through. Ripley was terrible today so jumpy today. Spent far too much time out his area. Garrity was terrible as well, first touch like a sponge.

They aren’t the 3 players I’d have picked out today as being the worst but agree that Uche’s effort was pathetic. 

• Like 1

Advert

19 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

They aren’t the 3 players I’d have picked out today as being the worst but agree that Uche’s effort was pathetic. 

Lacovitti was pants. Sang was appalling and was Ojo even on the pitch? I thought Uche did well to get past his man, but he should have smashed that. Loft we need to just basically keep on the bench, he can’t do anything except jog around. 

Seen the highlights.

First Chislett effort was unfortunately a good save, he did well to get it down to the bottom left.

The second chance where he squared it to a defender to clear without looking where he was passing was woeful.

The turnover for the first goal was equally woeful from Loft. Sang nowhere near his winger, oh you do surprise me. Ripley's off his line to narrow the angle but he sinks to the ground without even sticking an arm out. Horror show allround.

It was a good ball through for Uche and he did well to win it, but then he takes a fairly early snapshot. If he drove into the box a little longer he had Garrity coming up through the centre for a square ball with an open goal.

Sang again for the 2nd. Oh you do surprise me. Seriously, watch it and tell me he doesn't look like a competition winner. His total lack of effort and conviction there was excruciating.

14 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Lacovitti was pants. Sang was appalling and was Ojo even on the pitch? I thought Uche did well to get past his man, but he should have smashed that. Loft we need to just basically keep on the bench, he can’t do anything except jog around. 

Ojo had a decent game. Sang was awful, Debrah, shocking and Loft did nothing. Smith MOM again, he’s holding our defence together because Debrah has been awful of late and although I thought the Yak was OK today he is prone to too many errors.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Doha said:

Seen the highlights.

First Chislett effort was unfortunately a good save, he did well to get it down to the bottom left.

The second chance where he squared it to a defender to clear without looking where he was passing was woeful.

The turnover for the first goal was equally woeful from Loft. Sang nowhere near his winger, oh you do surprise me. Ripley's off his line to narrow the angle but he sinks to the ground without even sticking an arm out. Horror show allround.

It was a good ball through for Uche and he did well to win it, but then he takes a fairly early snapshot. If he drove into the box a little longer he had Garrity coming up through the centre for a square ball with an open goal.

Sang again for the 2nd. Oh you do surprise me. Seriously, watch it and tell me he doesn't look like a competition winner. His total lack of effort and conviction there was excruciating.

Agree with all of that although the shot by Chislett was telegraphed. I agree Loft was the main culprit for the first goal but the defending by Debrah was Sunday League standard, anyone could see Sang was not going to catch his man yet Debrah did not move across to the position he should be in any way.

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Garrity was clear in the middle  , and Uche only had to square it to him, and  it would have been 1-1. Same with Chislett and Dipepa. The post mortems mean nothing though. 

• Like 2

Friday buzzing felt we were building up a head of steam 

Monday livid what happened if players were tired use the hungry young ones .

I don't get it you build the confidence up then it's gone again .

Fri across the board 7s .

What were peoples marks yesterday .

A very damaging defeat really as I thought the win on Friday would have given the players the confidence to defeat Northampton. 

Do you think they celebrated the Bristol win too much .

Maybe that's what happened .

We just make things bad when folk were getting themselves back up off the floor so to speak. 

I thought the great escape was on now it all feels like a balloon what's gone pop .

We need in future keep Chislett ON I'd   personally never take him off cause he's very capable of doing something and Plant was man of the match Fri so why was he substituted .

I'd take us needing a win v Cambridge stay up .

Wigan and Bolton away ends be loads of Vale at both them there's hope I've seen Vale beat Wigan 4-0 at Springfield Park years ago in fact so many think there away end was a mudbath, and Bolton we beat then 6 -2 when we were having a terrible season under Askey .

Peterborough there very good so we need pass the ball so someone can slot the ball in in future you only take a shot on if know you are going score in a situation where pass is ON you pass it and get that all important goal too make bad decisions all game is criminal 

Always the sign of a team in trouble when every flaming decision the team makes on the day is the wrong one .

I believe Vale should have scored twice minimum for them too off 3 on target attempts 2 goals  sums us up .

Edited by Dipepa delight

10 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Really don't feel more optimistic than you, just calculating our needs. We either turn into a promotion team or rely on others to avoid another relegation, maybe in miracle territory. Probably seen as many relegations as you, having been involved from our Div3 South days, never happy times but part of football. Prefer not to see another one.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

I can't disagree with that last sentence!

I've seen the highlights -pathetic attempts on goal versus pathetic marking...not getting goal side.

Then I listen to the managers comments.Repeats the same thing over and over...

We have managed 8 points out of 33 under his tenure. I thought 48 points would make us safe,now I think it's 50. That's 11 points out of 18 needed. Yesterday was a massive opportunity to actually climb out of the relegation zone. I can't see it happening 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

As a side issue, I was looking through the Northampton programme today and noticed that our local business Manorshop sponsored the programme. I think this is obscene having a local company presumably giving money to rivals in our division.  

Does anyone know why Manor would do this? Why not give money to the Vale? Is it perhaps they had a fondness to Smurfwaite and want to stick two fingers up to the club? 

Either way I have never known a local company sponsor the programme of a rival club at any away fixture. 

Would it not just be so they could watch the game from a box at Sixfields?

11 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

As a side issue, I was looking through the Northampton programme today and noticed that our local business Manorshop sponsored the programme. I think this is obscene having a local company presumably giving money to rivals in our division.  

Does anyone know why Manor would do this? Why not give money to the Vale? Is it perhaps they had a fondness to Smurfwaite and want to stick two fingers up to the club? 

Either way I have never known a local company sponsor the programme of a rival club at any away fixture. 

It happens quite a lot in football.

Manorshop might of wanted some hospitality, Northampton might have sold out of hospitality and the only hospitality package available was the programme sponsorship

3 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

Friday buzzing felt we were building up a head of steam 

Monday livid what happened if players were tired use the hungry young ones .

I don't get it you build the confidence up then it's gone again .

Fri across the board 7s .

What were peoples marks yesterday .

A very damaging defeat really as I thought the win on Friday would have given the players the confidence to defeat Northampton. 

Do you think they celebrated the Bristol win too much .

Maybe that's what happened .

We just make things bad when folk were getting themselves back up off the floor so to speak. 

I thought the great escape was on now it all feels like a balloon what's gone pop .

We need in future keep Chislett ON I'd   personally never take him off cause he's very capable of doing something and Plant was man of the match Fri so why was he substituted .

I'd take us needing a win v Cambridge stay up .

Wigan and Bolton away ends be loads of Vale at both them there's hope I've seen Vale beat Wigan 4-0 at Springfield Park years ago in fact so many think there away end was a mudbath, and Bolton we beat then 6 -2 when we were having a terrible season under Askey .

Peterborough there very good so we need pass the ball so someone can slot the ball in in future you only take a shot on if know you are going score in a situation where pass is ON you pass it and get that all important goal too make bad decisions all game is criminal 

Always the sign of a team in trouble when every flaming decision the team makes on the day is the wrong one .

I believe Vale should have scored twice minimum for them too off 3 on target attempts 2 goals  sums us up .

Cheers for the ramblings Phil