onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Northampton (A) match thread - 1st April

robf

Advert

Just feel the fact Cheltenham have a game in hand plus Carlisle and Burton to play makes the great escape highly unlikely. 

Burton Vale Fleetwood Carlisle. 

Today hasn't defined the season but Shrewsbury and Cheltenham doing the double over us and the 2-2 v Fleetwood certainly has.

• Like 3

Today was a tough one. Northampton are very good at home - that’s their 10th win.
It’s 2 of us, Cheltenham, and Burton joining Fleetwood and Carlisle.
Incredibly, we’re in the best form of the 3.
Cheltenham have 1 win in 9. Awful form
Burton look done. No wins in 9.
Vale - 7 points from 15, 3 clean sheets in 5. A loss today in which we’ve had the best chances with Uche and Chislett at a side very good at home. Both goals on the break via mistakes.
We’re a significantly better side than we were a few weeks ago. Burton and Cheltenham need to turn around absolutely honking form, whilst if we perform as we are, we will probably pick up 2-3 more wins.
Dunno. Bang in it, aren’t we?

Nice one Joe. Cheered me up a little reading that mate.
At least we have abit of form about us unlike the others.
Second half today was shocking. We needed to change it up somehow as it was obvious how the game was going. Oh well onto Saturday
  • Like 3

And another word on the atmosphere. Absolutely dreadful. Silent for majority of game apart from some pissed up scrotes who can’t handle their drink who only chant about stoke or people being n0nces. How original. 

Same scrotes at the end smashing up chairs, one saying he’ll knock out their fans on the way up the hill (an actual grown adult by the way), and setting off a flare. If you’re reading this and you’re one of them, I hope you realise everyone thinks you are a moron and you need to grow the <ovf censored> up.

Edited by Powerline
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dipepa delight said:

Can only go on stats has haven't seen game 

They only 3 on target and scored twice 

Vale have had 4 on target 8 off .

Not great though but results elsewhere mean they still have a small chance .

Poor result though as there a very average team at best 

They are an average team at best you say, yet you have not watched it.

Say hi to Phil Myatt when you see him at work later

Shocking subs, poor game management and lack of any semblance of tactics in the second half. How on earth is sang still on the pitch, but he takes off plant and brings on garrity. Every team knows to exploit our right hand side, and they have done it twice today. 
On a different matter, do Northampton usually play glad all over or are they just being d***s.

• Confused 3

Wigan, Exeter, Wycombe, Cambridge. They’re the games. We sort of need 8-10 points from them. 

Burton have Oxford, Stevenage, Cheltenham, Reading, Fleetwood. They’re absolutely dog at the minute. 

Cheltenham have a horrendous run in: Orient away, Carlisle, Gas, Burton, Lincoln, Posh, Stevenage. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cheeky said:

A couple of weeks we were dead and buried.

The Burton game gave me hope.

The Bristol Rovers game gave me belief.

If we win today, I’ll have expectation!

Football, I blinkin’ love / hate (delete where appropriate at 4:45) it!

Football, I blinkin’ hate it!

• Like 1

⁸The losses to the majority of the bottom eight teams are why we're heading down. Assuming Carlisle and Fleetwoid are gone, it's two down from the three teams, Burton, us and Cheltenham. 

We've still got a chance, but it's a very, very slim one indeed.

Six games left to finish 20th. We've got to win at least half our remaining six games- and even that might not be enough! 

The damage was done over the previous three transfer windows. 

• Like 1

It’s not all doom & gloom just yet guys. Plenty of points to play for still with a few twists & turns to come. It’s our remaining home fixtures that will count. All must win 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bimbleabout said:

Nice one Joe. Cheered me up a little reading that mate.
At least we have abit of form about us unlike the others.
Second half today was shocking. We needed to change it up somehow as it was obvious how the game was going. Oh well onto Saturday

I’ve been so negative for months but we’re bang in it, here.

The best form of the three teams with possibly the easier run in too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Southern_Valiant said:

This is genuinely the worst Port Vale Side I have seen in all the years supporting Vale how they call themselves footballers is beyond me how can every single supporter see where the problems are on the pitch yet 2 managers and a DOF can't is it just that the players are absolutely dreadful I genuinely think 85-90% of our passes are made between and by our Defenders we are not Man City 

I agree , the passing back makes my piss boil , most of these players don't want to take responsibility they would rather take the Safe option 

• Like 1