onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Flitcroft gone

Bede

Advert

6 hours ago, Stamfordvale said:

Methinks you've touched the very nerve, Investing, what's been spent is superficial, absolutely nothing on and for building a team, it's a fact the Emporess has no clothes, all wind and phiss as been given to those that lobbied the owner, the next stage will tell if any of the hollow words have any credence, there's definitely trouble at'the Mill to be sure, money where your mouth is or it's a continuous spiral down and out, summers going to be a long wait, or a surprising regeneration, don't hold ya breath.

That is one of the longest sentences I’ve read on here. 

• Haha 5

As been said before, good owners, agree with all that but for me Patrick is a massive weak link. I get having trusty lieutenants and all that but imo he should step back and get a football man in. Watching the Wrexham series it’s clear they got in footy people. Deadpool and the other guy own it and ultimately have final say when signing the cheques but the structure there seems to me to be skills and knowledge first, not family. Admirable wanting to be hands on but you need people who have the skill, and if not you can fire them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markh said:

As been said before, good owners, agree with all that but for me Patrick is a massive weak link. I get having trusty lieutenants and all that but imo he should step back and get a football man in. Watching the Wrexham series it’s clear they got in footy people. Deadpool and the other guy own it and ultimately have final say when signing the cheques but the structure there seems to me to be skills and knowledge first, not family. Admirable wanting to be hands on but you need people who have the skill, and if not you can fire them. 

But we fired the people with the skill !

• Like 4

6 hours ago, The French Connection said:

How Carol reacts to this is going to be a real litmus test.  She either has to invest or she will sell up.  She may well be feeling bitter and resentful that the fans have forced out her right hand man, against her wishes, having publicly backed him as she did. 

She's probably at a crossroads in her personal life, too.  She's sold her business and is free to do what she wants.  Maybe the Vale experience has taken its toll?  We'll find out over the next few months, no doubt. 

What price RW doing a Wrexham, getting a couple of wealthy pop mates to join him? 

Interesting times ahead, methinks. 

Mr Williams has had opportunities to buy the club in the past and always chosen not to. It does seem that Vale fan are currently like a 9 year old girl expecting a Prince to turn up and carry her away. Looking around similar sized clubs when owners do decide enough is enough there is a much higher probability of a Norman Smurthwaite taking over. Suger rush of a cash injection before the new owner realises he or she has got into a bottomless money pit.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Did anyone listen to the hastily arranged Grumble and Grumble last night at all ?

I decided to watch the darts but was quite tempted to put RS on. 

Went to turn on my radio to listen, but our littlen had pulled the plug out the wall, and I couldnt be arsed to plug it back in - tuned into the muffled bot show known as the supporters club meeting stream instead - Id tell you what was said but genuinely couldn't hear one word that was said 🙈🙈🙈🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

A lot of fans were saying while Fraudcroft was still in place and dictating the style of football, who we can recruit - well not recruit etc, they were finished with Vale till he went. 

He has gone, so now the building/repairing job starts on the playing squad and also the fans falling back in love with the Vale and supporting them.  This will be in Div 2, unless the squad are praised by the football gods and they start scoring, defending and winning all our remaining games.  No I don't think this will happen either.

the old saying with a little tweek "you can take the fan out of VALE, but you can't take the VALE out of the fan"... or my own "when the midwife slapped my arse she said VALE and thats what it is". So if it is div.2 so be it for next season...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Right decision, I dont hate the bloke and can be balanced about the many positives (youth system, set up, DC, promotion squad) but he seemed more out of his depth in the role in L1.

The football side has been dire for 15 months now, record breakingly bad in some areas and it was his role overseeing the football so ultimately has to be the one to take responsibility, wish him well going forward and its key now we address the issues we have this summer and make the right choice in terms of replacement of dissolving the role. Will be tricky with no Garlick to fall back on for experience if we dont recruit a new DOF.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Look mate you do your thing and Ill do mine don't get condescending with me I mentioned he could do it as a short term option you absolute melt , have a nice day 

I mean he really couldn’t though. Once you’re out of the football grind for even a season the knowledge drops. The game moves by so fast. I’m sure Rudge knows people in the game still as he’s respected but he’ll have no where near the capacity to do any kind of role. 

If we ever want the club to do better than we have done, we need to not look at the past. 

• Like 2