onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Flitcroft gone

Bede

1 minute ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

They should just move the bycars seats over to the hamill. Keep them facing the same way.

I've spent most of the season looking at the floor from my viewpoint in the Hamil  ! Shaking my head or head in hands. 

• Haha 2

Advert

3 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I don't understand why so many people are against a DoF.

It's 2024, not 1994.

I think most people realise it’s the way to go in premier league/championship but not way down in the lower leagues, but maybe I’m a dinosaur 🦖 

• Like 5

Just now, Valient1961 said:

I think most people realise it’s the way to go in premier league/championship but not way down in the lower leagues, but maybe I’m a dinosaur 🦖 

Congleton Town have a DoF!

It's becoming more common than people think.

Manager focuses on managing + final say on transfers.

DoF builds infrastructure + leads recruitment.

4 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Congleton Town have a DoF!

It's becoming more common than people think.

Manager focuses on managing + final say on transfers.

DoF builds infrastructure + leads recruitment.

Congleton not exactly ripping up trees in their league. It’s just another salary that could be put to better use like , a  player in the squad VTID

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m in a much better mood about us this morning.

Relegation is a certainty, but relegation to League 2 need not to be an existential disaster but more a temporary setback which clubs with far greater resources than ours have contended with.

With a manager at the helm who has success in getting a good squad of players into the top 6, alongside a stability in club ownership that we’ve not had before, then Top 7 should be the aim - especially if Wrexham, Stockport, and Mansfield are out of the league.

A new DoF with extensive successful recruitment experience, alongside sensible ST prices and a concerted effort to improve home atmosphere, compounded by the most important factor of ‘winning games of football sometimes’ and all will be relatively rosy.

Carol has received justified criticism and this relegation is a problem of her own making. However, we have to be aware of how fortunate we are to have a local family committed to PVFC and ensuring our long-term prosperity. It’s down to them to put right this mess. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I don't understand why so many people are against a DoF.

It's 2024, not 1994.

1. Can we afford one.

2. Does the manager need one to assist him.

3. Could their wage (however much it is) be spent on one or two better players.?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

1. Can we afford one.

2. Does the manager need one to assist him.

3. Could their wage (however much it is) be spent on one or two better players.?

Totally agree PA. Hopefully DM can use his contacts like DC did and bring in the right sort of  quality of player in the positions required.

Relating it to my own work experience,I was a Sales Manager. I was responsible for recruiting new sales people. That worked as I brought in the people I thought had the right work ethic and we're a good fit for the team. Also I had a vested interest in making sure they worked out and having been a salesperson knew exactly what I was looking for.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

If we do decide to go with a DoF, do we already have someone in mind, so there won't be a selection process or should we just give the job to Patrick.?

Given Vale's record of making appointments without competition it wouldn't surprise me. I worked most of my life in the public sector and if the bodies I worked for had adopted recruitment policies like Vale's they would have found themselves in trouble with the Government. Getting back to Patrick, he couldn't hack it as CEO so does he even have the experience required for a DoF? Horses for courses; we need someone with extensive knowledge of the role in a club at Vale's level.

• Like 1

I wonder how much Carol has bent DMs ear about "the departure"

Like most, I think this is a real turning point for the club. We have a manager with a successful pedigree, who will have many contacts in the game re players etc.

relegation is a certainty, but lets face it, we have hardly seen a good game of football since we were in league 2 - id much rather be close to the top of a division (whichever division that may be) than languishing at rock bottom of a division. Just ask Leek, Congleton and Crewe fans if they are happy 😍

Could also ask Stoke fans as well 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍👍

Edited by Hoppers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TEXAS said:

This squad is awful and DF leaving won't make any difference to that. We can only hope we rebuild well next season UTV !!

You’ve answered your own question with that last sentence. That’s probably why he’s gone now. It stops the abuse directed towards him during games. It stops Carol getting stick about him. It (hopefully) galvanises the fans to concentrating on supporting the team. It may mean that the reluctance to buy season tickets because of flitcroft being there isn’t as much of an issue now.  It enables the club to now look at building for next season.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I said that weeks ago mate but got shouted down when I mentioned it 🤨👍

He's nearly 80, do you expect him to run round scouting players like he used to. Do you expect him to do a full time football role with responsibility for all the football side of the club, crazy and a lazy suggestion. The other factor in this is that he doesn't want it.

• Like 2