onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burton (A) match thread - 23rd March

1 hour ago, Vale Ball said:

Watching all the videos of the goal and the players celebrating its obvious that the players haven't thrown the towel in, the fight spirit and aggression that's been missing was back in spades on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

Thats what was so pleasing to see.The fight from the whole team was there. Has been missing big style for many weeks. Hard to single out anyone but Smith and Loft were teriffic. Little bit of confidence now, first for a long time. A win on Friday would be fantastic for us fans. Just think what it would do for the players...

• Like 4

Advert

Knew we’d win yesterday when defending a corner Smudger was on the ground after clearly annoying the f out of their CF. He’s back. The fight is not over.  Bit more niggling aggro thing going on and it’ll be right. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

He created that chance all on his own.

He scores that goal if that chance would have happened have the goal he scored

I don't quite understand your 2nd sentence sorry.

I m a Loft fan he’s tall and very quick it’s upto vale to get the best out of him… probably a top quartile league 2 forward but bottom quartile league 1 forward … ( bit like us as a club really). He wasn’t t fit when he first started with us he looks sharper now.

But I m sure he will admit as well as he played he should have scored when clean through on goal like that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bobnewtonian said:

I don't quite understand your 2nd sentence sorry.

I m a Loft fan he’s tall and very quick it’s upto vale to get the best out of him… probably a top quartile league 2 forward but bottom quartile league 1 forward … ( bit like us as a club really). He wasn’t t fit when he first started with us he looks sharper now.

But I m sure he will admit as well as he played he should have scored when clean through on goal like that.

When he scored, is confidence would have been sky high.

I just think if the chance he created by himself in the first half, had come after he scored in the 83rd minute. Then his confidence would have seen him score that, if that makes sense now?

On 24/03/2024 at 10:46, werstayinup said:

No he didn't,he had 2 players on the line so for me it was perfectly blasted into the roof of the net.... that should hopefully give him much needed confidence going into the last 8 games and also give him breathing space from the fans which will also help him imo

A MASSIVE well done Lofty lad

I suggest you watch it again, one bloke stuck in the net the other bloke flat out to the side of the goal. If he was a yard further out he would have put it over the bar. But as I said it doesn't matter as it went in, one goal, that's all he's scored 

• Confused 5

44 minutes ago, llcoolj said:

I suggest you watch it again, one bloke stuck in the net the other bloke flat out to the side of the goal. If he was a yard further out he would have put it over the bar. But as I said it doesn't matter as it went in, one goal, that's all he's scored 

Got to disagree with you there, their number 4 was steaming in to block the shot, if Lofty didn't lift it no 4 blocks it.

Edited by barny61
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, llcoolj said:

Would he really? I’m sure if he’s on the edge of the area and hits it in exactly the same way then it would have gone out the ground. I prefer to give him credit that like any pro player he would adjust a strike to accommodate the different angles in play.  Can’t help wondering that if Ben Garrity scores that goal then there’d be no debate.

• Like 7

I didn't go the game but listened on the radio. Having previously given Lofty stick was really chuffed he scored and put a shift in too. Having now watched the goal I thought criticism of Loftys through on goal effort was a bit harsh. It was a reasonable effort just missing , not a row Z or hits the corner flag attempt.

Really hope he gets confidence from his goal and now has a run of goals to the end of the season. Facing his old club on Friday must be a massive incentive .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, llcoolj said:

Two!