onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oxford (H) match thread - 16th March

robf

Advert

36 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Unfortunately Hilts (Steve McQueen) was recaptured so didn't really escape, let's hope Vale get a more positive ending.

I have a feeling we're James Garner, (a swift talking conman who can convince anyone he has the right tools for the job even when he hasn't, has some early success but ultimately fails in the end), and Donald Pleasance (well meaning with good intentions and failing eyesight who is led around by the conman and puts all their faith in them when it eventually leads to ultimate disaster).

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Shouldn't that say "amazed when we win"? So long since I saw us win I have forgotten what it feels like...

I'm forever the optimist RZ😁

Edited by Splodger
  • Haha 2

On 14/03/2024 at 13:23, Guitar Ray said:

I’ll be sticking to my new pre-match routine for this one.  Bacon and tomato oatcakes and a large whisky chaser for breakfast, light lunch followed by 3 or 4 pints, then whatever beer I can fit in up at the fanzone before kick off and at half time.  It’s really made a big difference, and whilst I’m not seeing much of the games I’m  enjoying them much more.

Sounds great except for the football bit, I'd cut that out if I was you, matchdays will be so much more enjoyable. 

Not there today as in hospital tomorrow for a hernia op.  Son's having my ticket and taking the grandson. God help him he's got the daughter as well lol.  Anyway KTF and all being well will be at the next match. Hoppers sorry no singing from me today 😄 get behind the lads today and think of me not having a drink lol

UTV and KTF 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, corbanlovesvale said:

Not there today as in hospital tomorrow for a hernia op.  Son's having my ticket and taking the grandson. God help him he's got the daughter as well lol.  Anyway KTF and all being well will be at the next match. Hoppers sorry no singing from me today 😄 get behind the lads today and think of me not having a drink lol

UTV and KTF 

Well if your not going, the crowd noise has just halved 🙈🙈🙈🤣🤣🤣

Best of luck with the op mucka👍👍👍👍 - dont forget, after the op, you are not to go jumping up and down when we score 😲😲😲😲😲😲- think you're pretty safe on that front 🤣🤣🤣

hopefully hear you soon - you noisy beggar 😍😍😍😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Raveninblack said:

sang is a midfield player playing out of position in my view and the manager has no alternative but to chop and change; in my opinion the squad just isn’t good enough  except for Ripley and Garrity but for once Massey played well on Tuesday but we need goals but clearly most of the site are suffering with very low confidence so let’s hope we can break the voodoo and scrape a win but Oxford are playing for a playoff position so it won’t be easy

The problem with Sang is when he plays in midfield he looks like a rightback playing out of position. 

5 hours ago, Raveninblack said:

I think smith has been poor all season and suffers from too many positional changes in tge team but the pope would still score but Carol wouldn’t have him back at the club as he causes trouble but he certainly knows where tge back if the net

Tom Pope is no longer a league 1 striker. He's not scoring regularly for Witton Albion. 

Smith should never have been made captain and I think that's been detrimental to his game. He's not a natural leader. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JRC said:

Tom Pope is no longer a league 1 striker. He's not scoring regularly for Witton Albion. 

Smith should never have been made captain and I think that's been detrimental to his game. He's not a natural leader. 

For all his legendary status by my quick count off wikipedia he scored 47 goals in League 1 with 12 being the most in one season.

1 hour ago, corbanlovesvale said:

UTV and KTF 

Good luck with the op, mate. My better half had that op a few years ago. He was being told it would take a few weeks to get over it. He had the op on Thursday and on the Saturday we drove down to Cheltenham to see Tom Pope score a hattrick in the cup!  Hope your op is as lucky!!

• Like 4