onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oxford (H) match thread - 16th March

robf

13 without a win so far, which makes the squad of '24 of the 2023-2023 much worse than the squad of 23 of the 2023-2024 season who only went 11 games without a win. I think it is the second worse run I have seen after 17 without a win in the old Second Division. This is probably worse as it is a lower standard.

What have Vale done to me with the draw midweek, it gave me hope. 8 games to run it around, because if we don't then the last two games are irrelevant. If we could take to the last day and win s needed v Cambridge then I would snap your arm off. 1 good performance isn't enough to convince me that we can do it. I am dreaming. 

How to do I find the odds on Vale to stay up?

• Like 1

Advert

21 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

I don't think we're going stay up and I think most fans have accepted that now. At least the players put some effort in last night at Leyton Orient even though we could still have lost it at the end we did have chances to win also. The first 3 home games of the season we beat reading, carlise and Northampton all 1 nil, we could do with doing that on Saturday just to give us abit of confidence to show we can win and score goals plus keep clean sheets. Oxford got thrashed by Bolton last night no idea if Oxford were terrible or Bolton played well or if Oxford had alot out injured but we arnt capable of putting 5 past a team so grinding out a 1 nil is the best we can do really. Oxford are a better side than us and should beat us comfortably something like 2 nil but hopefully we can grind out a 1 nil win.

I think that is probably true but the fact that Stevenage lost last night doesn’t help which means if they win on Saturday they will move into a playoff position 

I doubt we have any realistic chance of staying up this season, but I would like us to go down fighting. Just for my sanity I would like to see 2 or 3 wins at home before the close. Hopefully starting Saturday it will cheer me up before I jet off to Cape Verde for some R and R in the sun.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mbycars said:

I doubt we have any realistic chance of staying up this season, but I would like us to go down fighting. Just for my sanity I would like to see 2 or 3 wins at home before the close. Hopefully starting Saturday it will cheer me up before I jet off to Cape Verde for some R and R in the sun.

I couldn’t go on Tuesday but watched it and we had a slice of luck as I thought they should have had a clear penalty with the clear trip by tge very poor jones an Wilson should have scored but Ripley again had a great match and at last Massey was excellent but I am going for a narrow win on Saturday against a team that will be in the playoffs if they win but I would drop jones as I don’t rate him but I don’t pick the side obviously and the manager doesn’t read this

I will be there to support the team so give it  your best and an early goal would help

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

I couldn’t go on Tuesday but watched it and we had a slice of luck as I thought they should have had a clear penalty with the clear trip by tge very poor jones an Wilson should have scored but Ripley again had a great match and at last Massey was excellent but I am going for a narrow win on Saturday against a team that will be in the playoffs if they win but I would drop jones as I don’t rate him but I don’t pick the side obviously and the manager doesn’t read this

I will be there to support the team so give it  your best and an early goal would help

Raven, if you describe Jones performance as poor then he’s improving. I think his normal performance is dog 💩 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

13 without a win so far, which makes the squad of '24 of the 2023-2023 much worse than the squad of 23 of the 2023-2024 season who only went 11 games without a win. I think it is the second worse run I have seen after 17 without a win in the old Second Division. This is probably worse as it is a lower standard.

What have Vale done to me with the draw midweek, it gave me hope. 8 games to run it around, because if we don't then the last two games are irrelevant. If we could take to the last day and win s needed v Cambridge then I would snap your arm off. 1 good performance isn't enough to convince me that we can do it. I am dreaming. 

How to do I find the odds on Vale to stay up?

Try .I believe in miracles.com 👍

4 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I’ll be sticking to my new pre-match routine for this one.  Bacon and tomato oatcakes and a large whisky chaser for breakfast, light lunch followed by 3 or 4 pints, then whatever beer I can fit in up at the fanzone before kick off and at half time.  It’s really made a big difference, and whilst I’m not seeing much of the games I’m  enjoying them much more.

I can't fault your routine , 👍

UTV ,& cheers mate 🥃🍺🍺🍺🍺😉

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

My Team 
Ripley 

sang Smith Debroah Jones 

OJO Lowe 

Massey Ben G Mighten 

Wilson 
 no changes untill Clarke  is fully Fit 

That defence has more leaks in it than a burst pipe and Lowe in midfield is just mind boggling to me  but other than that the  team looks orate .

Edited by Nippy Naylor

9 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

Worked Tuesday 

It's not going to work ever game though is it 

especially with our defence ,

rather see Sang in midfield 

Lowe, Ojo , smith, Debrah and Jones shouldn't be anywhere near the starting eleven 

Edited by Nippy Naylor