onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Worst vale team ever

32 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I think the Bruno / Brown team from last time we got relegated was pretty horrific too. I seem to remember we had literally no CB’s so had to ship Andre Bikey and Ryan Taylor in, whilst relying on deadly JJ Hooper and big Reg for goals. I think Bikey and Des Walker’s lad (Tyler was it?) got injured just as they were starting to look good. I’d say this team is worse though, I literally cannot see us winning another game.

That team got 49 points and could have stayed up on the last day of the season.  This lot won’t get 40 points and have given up already.

• Like 5

Advert

The two or three months when Gannon was in charge for some reason has stuck in my mind as the worst Vale team I’ve watched (since the mid 1980s).  However when I look at the stats 2010-11 wasn’t all that bad as we had a good start under Micky Adam’s, so perhaps it was just the deterioration in performance under Gannon and the ownership turmoil that I made me feel so down about the team at the time?
Although we are a division higher, since Moore took over this past month has been without doubt the worst team I have watched.  However,  I took a complete year off after the Ribeiro/Brown debacle and never saw the Neil Aspin managed team that finished 20th in league 2 in 2018.
You were lucky
  • Like 2

I hated watching the 2007/08 relegation “Sennheiser” strip team more than any of them. That was depressing. I remember going to Millwall away on a dreary, cold day. It was absolutely horrible. We did nothing. It was notable from memory because Marc Richards made one of his earliest appearances as a sub.

That remains for me the most one sided display against Vale I have ever seen.  

The Chasetown shambles was a disgrace and to have Sinnott managing was embarrassing, he has never come close to league management since. Signing Chasetown players was a daft move that was never going to work. 

• Like 2

Worst I've seen at this level(3rd tier) and for effort and commitment generally I'd say, I've been going 30 years or so.

Worst on ability I've seen was the Glover team that turned out at Bury in league two, 3 down in 20 mins.

Even that side had its moments throughout the season though, won at Shrewsbury and Huddersfield miraculously in the cup with Marc Richards and Louis Dodds providing some magic at times. I have a feeling at least 1 of them was injured that day at Bury though?🤔

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I hated watching the 2007/08 relegation “Sennheiser” strip team more than any of them. That was depressing. I remember going to Millwall away on a dreary, cold day. It was absolutely horrible. We did nothing. It was notable from memory because Marc Richards made one of his earliest appearances as a sub.

The Chasetown shambles was a disgrace and to have Sinnott managing was embarrassing, he has never come close to league management since. Signing Chasetown players was a daft move that was never going to work. 

Was that the year we played Brentford away when Robbie was photographed for the first time out with his now-wife?? That was one of the limpest performances I’ve seen, so bad we left on 70 mins at 2-0 down and went the pubs on each of the 4 sides. 

There was also the Bramall Lane horror show when they had the ball in the back of the net 8 times but thankfully 4 were chalked off (might have been the relegation year).

I also remember Nobby putting some weird teams out when he first came, relying on headless chickens like Tony Rougier (who’d walk into this team) and Marcus Bent (yes the one who went onto play for Everton) who I remember gave an absolute shocker of a performance away at Stockport one year.

1 hour ago, BlytheValiant said:

That team got 49 points and could have stayed up on the last day of the season.  This lot won’t get 40 points and have given up already.

Yep. Hooper had a great chance at the end as well. You’re right, that we won’t get 40.

3 hours ago, Santa said:

I saw someone say that we are on a par with the Bruno/Brown team of 2016/17 but not quite as bad as the Foyle/Sinnott team of 2007/08, and I tend to agree.

There have been worse Vale sides in the fourth tier. The Pugh/Tonge axis of evil immediately springs to mind.

I think this is spot on.

I'm 42 and I think the Pugh/Tonge side was the worst.

Didn't we stay in the football league on goal difference or by 1 point with that side?

It's either that side or the foyle/sinnott/glover team I've actually hated in my time going.

We've had some absolute stinkers thats for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

I think that's the game we started with Kyle Perry and Danny Glover up front.

Lost 3.0

I was in hospitality that day as my mate worked for coca cola who sponsored the league and got tickets on request

Sat behind bratt, Oliver and co

I remember going in at halftime and their fans were absolutely wetting themselves at how <ovf censored> we were.

And they were spot on!