onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 preparation

1 hour ago, dantheman said:

Genuinely can’t believe anyone keeps anyone from this squad except garrity and Smith. Can’t wait see the back of the rest of them. 

Smith arguably only stays cause he has credit in the bank. He’s had an absolutely horrific season. 

He's arguably cost us any chance v Lincoln and today . Although I'd admit we still have to clear the corner after his near disastrous balls up.

Sorry no sentiment in football. Thanks and bye. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert

3 hours ago, Valiant62 said:

I don't know what the contract situations are but I'd keep Ripley, Garrity and Chislett + our own youngsters and transfer list the rest. Maybe keep Wilson on a cheapo pay as you play style deal.

Every chance Ripley, Garrity & Chislett will be gone.  Chislett can’t even get into the starting 11 right now and he’s one of the few actual goal scorers in the squad.  Other teams would’ve already been looking at Garrity simply because of his goal return from midfield, in a poor side at that.  Ripley is a decent keeper at this level, despite in all likelihood having consecutive relegations on his CV.

• Like 2

Not convinced about Moore yet - yes he has a tough act to get a tune out of this bunch but seems even less organised than under Crosby. 
Needs a good start next season or 5 1/2 years is really going to drag 

Why he was given that long a contract is beyond me 

1 minute ago, osprey said:

Not convinced about Moore yet - yes he has a tough act to get a tune out of this bunch but seems even less organised than under Crosby. 

He's coming across as beaten and dispirited as I feel.

1 point from 18 with only 1 arguably really hard fixture is appalling. 

4 of the opposition were in and around us. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Our best players who we'd all keep will have suitors and be gone in the summer. 

Leaving us with Plant, Shorrock, etc to build around and the rest of the players we are stuck with but don't want. 

Really need Carol to make a commitment to review the footballing structure and make wide sweeping changes in order to turn around ours and hers, fortunes,

My prediction next season is between 16th and 22nd if DF is still in charge of transfers. 

I'd not be surprised if Moore resigns so he can take a different job.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, osprey said:

Minimum of 2 goals conceded in every game, and against mostly poor opponents 

• Like 1

1. Sack off the 3 at the back/wingback system. It's boring, slow and doesn't suit the fanbase.

2. Go 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 and sign some high quality wingers/forwards. Emphasis should be on goalscoring, not pointless possession or "aligning with the values of the club".

3. Squad DNA: Fast, attacking football. With athletic, physical players that hate losing.

4. It's easier to say who to keep:

Ripley, Clark, Garrity, Chislett, Yak (squad), Plant. The rest can go.

5. The kids should go out on loan in non-league and play 40+ games.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

1. Sack off the 3 at the back/wingback system. It's boring, slow and doesn't suit the fanbase.

2. Go 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 and sign some high quality wingers/forwards. Emphasis should be on goalscoring, not pointless possession or "aligning with the values of the club".

3. Squad DNA: Fast, attacking football. With athletic, physical players that hate losing.

4. It's easier to say who to keep:

Ripley, Clark, Garrity, Chislett, Yak (squad), Plant. The rest can go.

5. The kids should go out on loan in non-league and play 40+ games.

The only thing I’d question is keeping Ripley. Really good goalie yes….but a desire to want to get too involved in games ‘complicates’ things. Plus keep Debrah, seems one of the few who gives a sh!t???

Edited by Biddulph_PV

Even though many players are contracted for next season it is possible to move them on. Simply tell them that they will not get 1 minute on the pitch next season so look for another club and if they find one the contract can be terminated by mutual consent. You would imagine that most of them would want away from the disaster that is Port Vale, some of them might even be decent players elsewhere like Benning. Once the deadwood is cleared sack flitcroft and get someone who actually knows what they are doing in to recruit some players that can do the absolute basics and have a spine. 

That's what should happen, but with Carol totally under fraucrofts spell god alone knows what will happen. 

Almost certainly nothing good. 

Dark days indeed.

• Like 4

I enjoyed the RS show on Thursday with Leggy, Yates and Sproey.

However I'm not getting why Sproey was so bullish about League 2 calling us a big hitter and top 3.

Based on what ? It's going to need a gargantuan turnaround. 

Off top of my head you'll have a couple of the relegation teams. Then possibly MK Dons, Bradford, Notts County, Tranmere,Gillingham etc. All thinking they have a chance.

We're only playing a 44 game season too after Walsall do their usual double over us. 

Notts County are 15th and they have Langstaff and Mcgoldrick up front  ! 

Really don't agree at all with Sproey. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

The only thing I’d question is keeping Ripley. Really good goalie yes….but a desire to want to get too involved in games ‘complicates’ things. Plus keep Debrah, seems one of the few who gives a sh!t???

Is Ripley getting too involved in games such as playing the sweeper role something he is doing off his own bat or is he just following orders ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

The only thing I’d question is keeping Ripley. Really good goalie yes….but a desire to want to get too involved in games ‘complicates’ things. 

my view is quite simple; too many of the players have too long a contract; smith has been very poor all season and as sad as it just get rid along with one of tge worst left backs(Jones) I have ever seen at tge club and Ojo just doesn’t look inspiring to me; move jones on and thank goodness Massey’s contract ends in May,; Wilson played well on Saturday but give Loft to another club..but who would have him? and I think Garrity signed to play in league one as did Ripley and Will They get their agents to move them on as I think both are championship players and I doubt we will see ikpaezo again sadly; clearly we need a clear out to fund better players to keep us in league one and Flitcroft couldn’t run a bath but I firmly believe he keeps all of this away from Carol to protect his own job; look what he did at bury bought too many players including the Pope and they were bankrupt and in a division below Leek town now! Carol; be careful what you wish for!