onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 preparation

Just now, Guitar Ray said:

Out of interest what would you have done in terms of ground improvements?

I don't know without seeing the inspection report. Address any non conformances in that in the first instance. I don't think the expensive new turnstiles were a legal requirement for example. 

Advert

5 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I don't know without seeing the inspection report. Address any non conformances in that in the first instance. I don't think the expensive new turnstiles were a legal requirement for example. 

So you don’t have a clue and you’re just being critical without offering any sort of alternative opinion bar the turnstiles?  Nice one. 👍🏻

I’ll throw a couple of things out there.  Folk on here were bashing on about the pitch and the club threw good money at the pitch, however we still suffered injuries and it didn’t help our home form.  We’re now told that the training pitches have to match the main pitch and that’s a job earmarked for this summer, so that’s more money, plus the pitch itself was due further work.  The end switch was a contentious issue but we swapped ends and we moved the scoreboard as part of that.  The scoreboard was shot so needed replacing, but having had a season in the Hamil many fans are reassessing their seating position and more than a few are considering moving out.  How this will affect the numbers in the Hamil and the fans spending in the fanzone only time will tell.  The fact is that the atmosphere could end up being dire plus in league 2 we don’t have to worry about big away followings crossing over with home fans on Hamil Road so that reason for swapping is now invalid.  The bogs are better though.

I still feel the club need to do the same with the Hamil as they should’ve done with the Bycars, reduce prices and make the home end the cheapest place to watch football in the stadium.

On a tangent, a thought I had was could the club have some limited access from into the Lorne Street from the Hamil, just to get a few more fans in there and “join up” the 2 sections, existing Lorne Street and Hamil.  You do see a few in there already who gain access into the “new” Lorne Street from the other side of Lorne Street so why not get a few more in if possible.

23 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

So you don’t have a clue and you’re just being critical without offering any sort of alternative opinion bar the turnstiles?  Nice one. 👍🏻

I’ll throw a couple of things out there.  Folk on here were bashing on about the pitch and the club threw good money at the pitch, however we still suffered injuries and it didn’t help our home form.  We’re now told that the training pitches have to match the main pitch and that’s a job earmarked for this summer, so that’s more money, plus the pitch itself was due further work.  The end switch was a contentious issue but we swapped ends and we moved the scoreboard as part of that.  The scoreboard was shot so needed replacing, but having had a season in the Hamil many fans are reassessing their seating position and more than a few are considering moving out.  How this will affect the numbers in the Hamil and the fans spending in the fanzone only time will tell.  The fact is that the atmosphere could end up being dire plus in league 2 we don’t have to worry about big away followings crossing over with home fans on Hamil Road so that reason for swapping is now invalid.  The bogs are better though.

I still feel the club need to do the same with the Hamil as they should’ve done with the Bycars, reduce prices and make the home end the cheapest place to watch football in the stadium.

I do have a clue but you don't have to believe me. The money has already been spent so it is too late to change that. I worked in facilities management for enough years to see that some of the work was badly planned and executed. 

25 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

On a tangent, a thought I had was could the club have some limited access from into the Lorne Street from the Hamil, just to get a few more fans in there and “join up” the 2 sections, existing Lorne Street and Hamil.  You do see a few in there already who gain access into the “new” Lorne Street from the other side of Lorne Street so why not get a few more in if possible.

And you say that I don't have a clue lol 

19 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I don't question the need to maintain the ground, just not sure the works were carried out in a sensible manner.

Sort of agree. Pitch and scoreboard were great and Vale park is the nicest it has been to go to with the new fanzone etc. 

I feel the priority should have been to open the Lorne street fully. 

27 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Sort of agree. Pitch and scoreboard were great and Vale park is the nicest it has been to go to with the new fanzone etc. 

Personally feel the scoreboard could and should be so much better.

Where's the half time scores up and down the country for example? 

It's not as good as I'd hoped. Information wise not how it looks .

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

They don't seem to get it with the scoreboard. One replay for a goal and that's it for the entire game, I can't remember any being run more than that, or again at HT etc.

Someone on here said they aren't allowed to replay contentious decisions etc, I'd like to know where that is stated. UEFA say clubs can't replay anything likely to intice crowd disorder, I'd imagine that would be very unlikely if we're getting a second look at a Vale penalty in the first half against Bromley in January.

While we're on about the scoreboard, I wish they'd move the sponsor to the top and the time elapsed to the bottom, so that us folks in the Railway can actually see how much time has elapsed. The time is cut off for most folks in the Railway Stand, unless they're near the front.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

U used to sit in a empty stand 

Tell the lads who had to que for ages to get in the paddock side of the ground that new turnstiles were not needed

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

The problem is the ground is already to big for us 

You'd imagine that is down to the info inputted and displayed. Maybe a numpty sat controlling it who doesn't have much of a clue?
  • Like 1

Lorne St is dependant upon the players gym moving, apart from the cost.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Score board could be better but maybe just a learning curve this season, announcing the players with images for example isn't even done which would surely make sense? and more replays.

I did like the little highlight clips they did just before kick off in a few games towards the end of the season which was well done but doesn't seem to be every week, like Derby had a mini video about their history and what it is to be Derby" to get the hairs standing up, get the crowd going etc.

It does seem massively under utilized considering its a great piece of kit to have.