onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby C (A) match thread - 2nd March.

35 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Moore doesn't give a toss. Just going through the motions. Literally <ovf censored>.

I haven’t heard his interview. 

I was a massive advocate of his. I think he’s done a very good job at most of the clubs he’s been at, other than Huddersfield, so thought I’d be a solid appointment.

I cannot blame him one iota for the mess we are in. The squad is utter garbage…worse than Bruno/Brown.

However, I’m worried that he’s the right man at the wrong time i.e. on the wrong end of an horrendous run at Huddersfield and not had time to reflect on where it went wrong there.

I do think, in hindsight, Steve Evans would have been better and was there for the taking.

Hindsight eh…

Edited by Biddulph_PV
  • Like 1

Advert

27 minutes ago, Granville said:

Do this and we're worse off financially, and if you think doing what Crewe does is easy, think again.

I don't know about now, but the majority of Crewe's money just goes into keeping their academy / youth systems afloat. Millions of it. It's not cheap to do.

In an ideal world I'd love the Vale to be producing players but considering our catchment area and the competition we are never going to be a lot of young lads' first choice. Supposing any of them get near the first team they will be hoovered up by teams further up the leagues with the money to tempt them away. 

This is Carol's community Vale in a nutshell, it's not ambitious and it's to create a club that's moderately self sustaining without any real ambition of providing excitement and growing the club. I applaud the investment into infrastructure, but it's been prioritised over the playing squad since we got promoted and apparently spent in 4 years what was planned for 5, 

We need to work to get rid of the current lot of players who don't play for the shirt and look to build a steady team that's for League 1. 

To do that and we go down, I don't see us back up in League 1 for a while, definitely not with Flitcroft in charge because it's going to be so expensive - too expensive to fix the mess he's made. 

At least there's a shiny new scoreboard we won't be able to afford to run when attendances hit lower than 3K. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Wrex said:

He said he wanted a squad of strong, physical players and we got the likes of Josh Thomas and Dan Gore. Not sure how much input he had in recruitment.

I agree Wrex the squad didn’t much resemble what Crosby stated in pre season but he signed off on everyone.

1 hour ago, MBE said:

Think you’re right Fosse.

I do think some fans forget NO player is signed without the manager say so.

Crosby has also <ovf censored> us over with some of these players not to mention his <ovf censored> game management.

This may be true, although I think the DoF model takes most of the responsibility away from the coach/manager.  In our own case, the DoF is widely quoted as stipulating the style of play and recruiting players supposedly suited for that style, so just how much influence Crosby had is open to speculation.

Whatever the truth, the main issue is the positions we haven’t filled rather than the positions we have.  I firmly believe that the current squad would be safely out of the relegation zone with Crosby in charge if we had 2 League 1 level strikers and a decent option at LWB/LB. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, MBE said:

I agree Wrex the squad didn’t much resemble what Crosby stated in pre season but he signed off on everyone.

I cant help thinking Crosby was grateful for his first shot at management so was willing to go with what Flitcroft provided. 

I wonder how he feels now?

• Like 1

Just now, Granville said:

I cant help thinking Crosby was grateful for his first shot at management so was willing to go with what Flitcroft provided. 

I wonder how he feels now?

Crosby always knew his head would be on the chopping block, as the others are too cosy. He just couldn’t believe that some would be stupid enough to give him the job. The more that goes on at the club, it’s obvious we’re broke and no I don’t want her to invest. Just pack your bags and go you’ve stood by and watched this happen. Should we be expecting another letter or a slurred speech. The blame lies with the proletariat fans, like myself.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

After watching the Darren Moore interview with the injury updates I simply cannot believe that they are genuine injuries, they are plainly and simply cowardly players hiding. In all the games I have watched this season I just cannot remember seeing the players putting their bodies on the line, fighting for the badge and their own personal and professional pride, which is how most injuries happen. In fact I have seen the exact opposite, players pulling out or not going in to tackles 100% commited. In other words, morale is that bad that players appear to be exaggerating or even making up injuries to avoid having to play games. I am aware that this is a horrible thing to think let alone say, but nothing else explains our injury list when almost none of the players seem to want to get in there where it hurts.

What the heck is going on at the club?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Crosby always knew his head would be on the chopping block, as the others are too cosy. He just couldn’t believe that some would be stupid enough to give him the job. The more that goes on at the club, it’s obvious we’re broke and no I don’t want her to invest. Just pack your bags and go you’ve stood by and watched this happen. Should we be expecting another letter or a slurred speech. The blame lies with the proletariat fans, like myself.

That's what she sees us as 'Proletariot' and not people who can tell her what to do.

I don't know Carol but something about her hasn't gone down well with me as seems to be the case for others...I just can't put it into words..her letter was therefore no surprise and you cannot regard fans like that

• Like 1

After watching the Darren Moore interview with the injury updates I simply cannot believe that they are genuine injuries, they are plainly and simply cowardly players hiding. In all the games I have watched this season I just cannot remember seeing the players putting their bodies on the line, fighting for the badge and their own personal and professional pride, which is how most injuries happen. In fact I have seen the exact opposite, players pulling out or not going in to tackles 100% commited. In other words, morale is that bad that players appear to be exaggerating or even making up injuries to avoid having to play games. I am aware that this is a horrible thing to think let alone say, but nothing else explains our injury list when almost none of the players seem to want to get in there where it hurts.
What the heck is going on at the club?
Maybe they have created a lovey dovey atmosphere with smart dressing rooms and chefs and nutritionists and they don't need to scrap for their futures it's on a plate.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

All managers accept that though, it goes with the turf.

We’ve got enough money to bin off a manager and 3 or 4 staff and recruit another, who’s a far bigger “name”, and his entourage, who are likely to cost big £££’s.  It’s not lack of money it’s spending that money unwisely which appears to be the problem. 

• Like 2

That's what she sees us as 'Proletariot' and not people who can tell her what to do.
I don't know Carol but something about her hasn't gone down well with me as seems to be the case for others...I just can't put it into words..her letter was therefore no surprise and you cannot regard fans like that
I had that feeling with Bratt Oliver Jackson and Smuffwate and I was proved right, I don't get the same feeling with CS.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

I had that feeling with Bratt Oliver Jackson and Smuffwate and I was proved right, I don't get the same feeling with CS.

Bratt and Smurf engaged on this forum and at the club. CS just sends a letter through the press. 

That letter did her more harm than good. 

I personally wasn't surprised. The first priority should be the football... She obviously takes the fans for granted as most are st holders anyway and she will expect many to renew. 

Given the letter and the owners lack of regard, I would stuff renewing a ticket. The fans are in charge and it is our club when her and the likes of her dissappear into the algarve

Some don't like hearing it how it is unfortunately. 

Edited by Killersrevenge44
  • Like 1

Yes. We were told we were going to be big, physical and athletic and the fittest team in the league. How many goals do we concede late in games? How many goals do we concede off crosses? How many times does the opposition look physically stronger than us? It goes to show that the plan for this season was an absolute sham from the very start.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2