onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

Darren Moore hasn't been able to arrest the free fall he inherited. Part of that was taking over amongst a series of games where there was no time to reset. But I don't really know what he can do with a defence that flushes games down the toilet with gross mistakes. As per Saturday and tonight. 

But I can see he is a good manager and I'm ready to stand by him next season. 

• Like 3

Advert

2 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Said it before 

I'll say it again

He's made us worse

A manager comparable to Michael Brown

Dreadful

At least Brown had some idea, the players showed a lot more fight and passion and he took it to the Final Day.

Plus Brown would not have been on the Salary this clown is on.

Moore has killed my Passion for Port Vale.

The blame is firmly on Flitcroft for me. 

As for Moore ... I'm not at all convinced by him now, but I was supportive and excited (naively) when he came in.

If he has a release clause or wants to go, he absolutely should. I've seen nothing from him tactically that suggests how he might want us to play, and I've go no intention of seeing the Vale persist with 3 at the back with wingers for wingbacks. 

Squad needs ripping up and starting over again. And I would give serious thought about reducing Academy spend and putting it back into the first team.

• Like 3

Crosby wouldn't have kept us up and Moore won't either. Puccini couldn't get a tune out of this squad, it's so unbalanced, has no leaders and so many players are not good enough technically for this level, however it's not DM's squad.

The Exeter and Wycombe games clearly demonstrated the deficiencies.

DM is not going anywhere so the funds have to be provided so he can identify and recruit the necessary players to put an end to this footballing downward spiral or else the real unthinkable will happen.

• Like 2

Just now, Warren said:

Darren Moore hasn't been able to arrest the free fall he inherited. Part of that was taking over amongst a series of games where there was no time to reset. But I don't really know what he can do with a defence that flushes games down the toilet with gross mistakes. As per Saturday and tonight. 

But I can see he is a good manager and I'm ready to stand by him next season. 

How the **** can you see he is a Good Manager based on what.

Relegating 2 Teams in One Season.

Not many have done that.

It’s his Job to stop players making mistakes and improve players both individually and collectively.

If they don’t improve then you replace them, not keep picking them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Agreed it is ifs & buts. Hard to imagine anybody doing any worse than Moore has though. You could've put me in charge & I reckon I'd have motivated us to a more points than he's achieved. 

Maybe he will prove me wrong next season with his own players, but he's nowhere near it for me. He's not a Vale manager.

I’m not sure. 
Like I’ve already said, if he resigns I wouldn’t be shocked or upset. 
If he gets sacked then that would frighten the life out of me considering the 5 and a half year contract. Regardless of any get out clause, if you give a manager that long a contract then you back him. But she’s already done it with Clarke I suppose, although there were circumstances.

What should have happened, when Flitcroft sacked Crosby, was Flitcroft going into the dugout. A man with 500 odd efl games as manager under his belt, but he wouldn’t do that until the end of the season because he knew he’d assembled a shower of a squad. And so maybe Moore would have been his next fall guy?

Darren has been naive. In my opinion. 
He walked into the club reading off pre written crap about Dave this and Dave that. Just to try and get the club onside. Then the fans turned even more on Flitcroft and he’s suddenly found himself a dear in the headlights with an absolute dreadful squad. 

The problem now is that if we look at it sensibly you’d say it’s not his squad. But I don’t see any structure. So do you stick or twist? 
Stick. He’s probably got 10-12 games at the start of next season. No honeymoon period. If that fails pressure will be on by fans for his head. 
Twist. You sack a man 3 months into a 66 month contract! What does that say with how even more shambolic the football side is being run?

My honest thoughts now are that when we are inevitably relegated, he resigns. That’s best for both parties. 
Then there is a hell of a lot of work to do from April 28th, to make sure this club has a structure in place with recruitment and a manager the fans can connect with again. 
Structure and connection must be up there as two of the most important things for next season. 
We ain’t had either this season.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Crosby wouldn't have kept us up and Moore won't either. Puccini couldn't get a tune out of this squad, it's so unbalanced, has no leaders and so many players are not good enough technically for this level, however it's not DM's squad.

DM is not going anywhere so the funds have to be provided so he can identify and recruit the necessary players to put an end to this footballing downward spiral or else the real unthinkable will happen.

There is a risk of a downward spiral. However, such is the gulf between L1 and L2 this squad with some changes could be challenging to come back straight away. It depends partly on the owners as they are going to need to fund a L1 team at L2 level. I would divert plans to improve the stadium / pitch to the football side. 

• Like 1

I’d be happy if Moore went but on an equal foot I think he should be given a chance. He has inherited a crap squad void of any confidence. If we aren’t in the top half of the division next season by Christmas then Carol should get her hand in her pocket again, sack him and construct a proper recruitment process.

18 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

I think it would be pointless to have appointed DM and his support staff and not back him. I can see he knows his stuff. Tonight was a good strategy in the circumstances. No one can cope with the gross defensive errors v Exeter and Wycombe. The answer starts with better players. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JS Valiant said:

At least Brown had some idea, the players showed a lot more fight and passion and he took it to the Final Day.

Plus Brown would not have been on the Salary this clown is on.

Moore has killed my Passion for Port Vale.

If a man who came here 2 months ago, having inherited an absolute amount of on field crap, has killed your passion for Port Vale, then quite frankly, you can’t see the bigger mistakes that have been made at this club for 18 months or so.

You could have had Darren Moore in charge for the first half of the season and Andy Crosby in charge for the second half of the season and got the same result. Relegation.

A but silly to put all the blame on Moore. In fact it’s borderline insanity to even say he’s the reason he’s killed your passion. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I agree. I think you’re right. Certainly no way does a Crosby team 2-0 on Saturday lose 4-2 either. I just can’t imagine that. 

2 nil up v stevenage in the cup and lost.  Not 4  2, but lost, cost us mega bucks.

Will never know re Crosby, but I do think the players were fighting for him.

Real culprit,  well we all know the answer to that one.  The January transfer window was just unreal 

• Like 2