onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

3 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

No way we would lose 10 from 15 with Crosby in charge?

His mess got us in this situation.

Lets not rewrite history. 
From September 19th to November 28th with Ollie and Alfie I’ll add, under Crosby, he lost 8 out of 11.

Lets not make out he would have kept us up. 

We'll never know, but I suspect Crosby would've ensured we won more than a single point from Fleetwood, Shrews, Exeter & Wycombe at home.

• Like 3

Advert

1 minute ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

10 defeats

3 draws

2 wins

Exactly I know Crosby or Ryder would have got more points than that.

I have just heard Moore’s Pathetic Same Again Interview he is completely in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

We dust ourselves down and go again.

He said he didn’t envisage a loss of concentration. We’ve done in every single game since he came in and before.

He said he came to the club with the Intention of taking it to the last game of the season.

That was his aim with a third of the season remaining, what an ambitious manager ?

He has no Passion, No Tactical Know How and has managed to Relegate 2 Teams in 1 Season.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

I'm going to put it out there... would Crosby have kept us up?

I think he probably would have. Things were far from great under him, but there's no way we lose 10 from 15 games with him in charge. We'd have scraped enough points to stop up based on the fact we still find ourselves only 3 points adrift. The fact we're not mathmatically relegated yet is astonishing. The bottom of this league is absolute garbage. 

Our home form in particular is beyond a joke. I really worry about next season. We're a soft touch & we all know what League 2 is all about. We will be bullied week in week out.

Crosby was far from being a quality manager but I’m with you. Another 5 points this season and we will have stayed up, I think we would have got the 5 points needed had Crosby stayed. It took Moore about 5 games to work out which players to play and even then he has made some awful decisions without inspiring the squad. I think in those first 5 games Moore has been in charge we would have picked up the 5 points needed. 

• Like 3

Just now, philpvfc said:

Crosby was far from being a quality manager but I’m with you. Another 5 points this season and we will have stayed up, I think we would have got the 5 points needed had Crosby stayed. It took Moore about 5 games to work out which players to play and even then he has made some awful decisions without inspiring the squad. I think in those first 5 games Moore has been in charge we would have picked up the 5 points needed. 

The very fact Ojo's toys would've still been firmly in the pram would've probably been enough for 1 or 2 x more wins.

The squad is appalling, but Moore has been shocking since he came in. There's no doubt about that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

We'll never know, but I suspect Crosby would've ensured we won more than a single point from Fleetwood, Shrews, Exeter & Wycombe at home.

He lost to both Burton and Cheltenham at home. Cheltenham being as bad a 90 minutes I’ve ever seen.

It’s all ifs and buts. 
The one thing that is absolute factual is that David Flitcroft is the main culprit of everyone Carol has ever employed, with the squad he has assembled. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

I'm going to put it out there... would Crosby have kept us up?

I think he probably would have. Things were far from great under him, but there's no way we lose 10 from 15 games with him in charge. We'd have scraped enough points to stop up based on the fact we still find ourselves only 3 points adrift. The fact we're not mathmatically relegated yet is astonishing. The bottom of this league is absolute garbage. 

Our home form in particular is beyond a joke. I really worry about next season. We're a soft touch & we all know what League 2 is all about. We will be bullied week in week out.

Well, the Blackpool 3-0 win was my favourite performance of the season. I thought he made great calls starting those young lads with experienced heads like Uche and Wilson. 

Injuries stopped that from becoming a regular line up sadly. 

I don’t think personally either Crosby or Moore are actually bad. I prefer Crosby because he has done the same but cheaper. 

However the standard of player in the squad is awful. That’s on Flitcroft for hiring them and Carol for paying them money. Carol should have never, ever cut the budget. That will cost her far more long term. 

• Like 2

Just now, Spunk Trumpet said:

He lost to both Burton and Cheltenham at home. Cheltenham being as bad a 90 minutes I’ve ever seen.

It’s all ifs and buts. 
The one thing that is absolute factual is that David Flitcroft is the main culprit of everyone Carol has ever employed, with the squad he has assembled. 

Agreed it is ifs & buts. Hard to imagine anybody doing any worse than Moore has though. You could've put me in charge & I reckon I'd have motivated us to a more points than he's achieved. 

Maybe he will prove me wrong next season with his own players, but he's nowhere near it for me. He's not a Vale manager.

• Like 4

V2001, NS, Carol...all the same..big ideas...no nous to deliver...

I think stats wise AC was the 6th most winning manager in vale history, MA 4th, DC 3rd and RP 9th JA 10th...
Sir JR now 11th..
Maybe sad indictment of the modern game that 5 of vales top ten managers have all been sacked in last 15 years..

DM doesn't inspire me but I'm not a player...winning football inspires me but it isn't just a manager who makes that happen

Just now, TJHValiant said:

Well, the Blackpool 3-0 win was my favourite performance of the season. I thought he made great calls starting those young lads with experienced heads like Uche and Wilson. 

Injuries stopped that from becoming a regular line up sadly. 

I don’t think personally either Crosby or Moore are actually bad. I prefer Crosby because he has done the same but cheaper. 

However the standard of player in the squad is awful. That’s on Flitcroft for hiring them and Carol for paying them money. Carol should have never, ever cut the budget. That will cost her far more long term. 

The Uche injury was an absolute killer for Crosby. Fleetwood sealed his fate, but I do think he'd have ground out enough points to keep us up. Just my opinion. 

• Like 2

Just now, ValeForever. said:

The Uche injury was an absolute killer for Crosby. Fleetwood sealed his fate, but I do think he'd have ground out enough points to keep us up. Just my opinion. 

I agree. I think you’re right. Certainly no way does a Crosby team 2-0 on Saturday lose 4-2 either. I just can’t imagine that.