onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

Copied over from the Exeter thread -

Darren Moore has been in charge of the team for exactly 2 months today.

He entirely inherited the squad of players he has had to manage and he has had no opportunity to change those personnel.

Darren and his coaching staff's organisation of the team set-ups has noticeably improved a number of the performances - as in the first half today.

And then the weakness in mentality which runs through much of this squad makes them crumble in the face of pressure and entirely lose their way - as in the second half today.

There is no manager in the world who can succeed if his players completely let him and themselves down, as they did today.

Whatever happens this season, including if it is the worst, Darren and his staff get a clean slate from me for next season.

I want to see what they can achieve with largely their own choice of players and that is the basis on which I will then judge their efforts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Advert

1 hour ago, PVFC FAN said:

My opinion most people probably disagree

We should keep Darren more and see how he does.

Bring in a good dof. This will allow a long term strategie and allow the manager to focus on the pitch while having input in player recruitment and not having to worry about anything else.

The problem with having a manager as a sort of mix of manger and dof like how rudge used to be is that manager sometime are only at the club for 5 months to 2 years. This means that strategie will change frequently and there won't be a long term plan. New managers will often want to bring in there own players and style of play which could put the club into alot of debt as we bring in new players as managers come and go. Not necessarily because players are bad but because the manager we recruit may want to play wingers instead of wingbacks oor the play in question might not fit the play style. You understand what I mean.

Back in the 80s and 90s managers lasted much longer so the wasn't much change in strategy.

Assuming he accepted the job on the basis of the club playing style and business plan as defined by the DoF at the time, and would be given the funds to recruit the appropriate players to play that style, the need for a DoF is not urgent. Assuming by now he has identified where replacements are needed and will be given the funds appropriate to L1 or L2 to bring them in.  His tenure will then depend upon his performance. During that period suitable DoFs to be identified to continue the clubs progress in spite of setbacks.

15 minutes ago, JS Valiant said:

Yeh I totally agree with you about the Players.

But it is also the Manager’s and his Staff’s responsibility to change that attitude and he doesn’t seem to know how to.

You watch he will pick the Same Culprits again tomorrow.

Personally apart from 4 maybe 5, the rest could go today.

A lot of them will struggle to find other League Clubs.

The majority of them would be lucky get a game for the dog and duck pub , mate

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

A good scouting network is good yes. Its not good if we are changing our squad for every manager that gets sacked either.

It is up to the DoF to ensure he has a good scouting network, know as Recruitment in modern football speak.

1 hour ago, Alan Vit said:

He entirely inherited the squad of players he has had to manage and he has had no opportunity to change those personnel.

Darren and his coaching staff's organisation of the team set-ups has noticeably improved a number of the performances - as in the first half today.

And then the weakness in mentality which runs through much of this squad makes them crumble in the face of pressure and entirely lose their way - as in the second half today.

There is no manager in the world who can succeed if his players completely let him and themselves down, as they did today.

Whatever happens this season, including if it is the worst, Darren and his staff get a clean slate from me for next season.

I want to see what they can achieve with largely their own choice of players and that is the basis on which I will then judge their efforts.

Spot on imo,he said for the first time in his interview how angry he was and also stating about the players mentality 

We have to allow him to start next season with HIS own players(not ones DF had lined up for this summer),HIS own style,HIS own formation surely dont we

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Spot on imo,he said for the first time in his interview how angry he was and also stating about the players mentality 

We have to allow him to start next season with HIS own players(not ones DF had lined up for this summer),HIS own style,HIS own formation surely dont we

god help them if they have to work for a living!😒

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Assuming he accepted the job on the basis of the club playing style and business plan as defined by the DoF at the time, and would be given the funds to recruit the appropriate players to play that style, the need for a DoF is not urgent. Assuming by now he has identified where replacements are needed and will be given the funds appropriate to L1 or L2 to bring them in.  His tenure will then depend upon his performance. During that period suitable DoFs to be identified to continue the clubs progress in spite of setbacks.

I can't disagree with that. As long as we bring in a dof at some point next season. Not straight away.

• Like 1

I don't want a single statement when we sign someone in the summer to say anything along the lines of 'he's a lovely lad'. We need some horrible gits who are willing to call players out if they are not doing it. We need someone sitting on the referee, constantly in their ear. We're too cosy, too pampered. These players need to earn any treats that are bestowed upon them. This is their job, not a holiday camp. Earn the money before anything else, like we all have to. I'm pretty confident Moore will have identified this.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Alan Vit said:

Threw away a two goal lead against an average side... Twice in two home games! 

You're easily pleased! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

You're easily pleased! 

And sat there and did nothing to counter it, when you could see from the 46th minute what was going to happen.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

And sat there and did nothing to counter it, when you could see from the 46th minute what was going to happen.

What should he have done? I agree that we could all see it coming, just not sure what I would have done to stop it given the subs on the bench.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

What should he have done? I agree that we could all see it coming, just not sure what I would have done to stop it given the subs on the bench.

They got wide players on and absolutely murdered us with simple balls into the channel. Go two banks of 4 and cut out the space. We made no attempt to attack in the second half. So at least make an attempt to defend the lead, rather than jogging around and looking like they haven't got a clue what to do.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

Correct he could have done a number of things he could have brought on plant on 46 minutes after there initial half time effort was doubled up at right back stuck Smith with Sang moved ojo back to centre half where he is more than capable of playing (does Moore do his research Lincoln for one that game he looked like he played there all his life has quality and id say one of his best performances of season considering ollie was sent off on 48 mins and they only scored because Cass switched off ).

He could have done hell of a lot more than let a team of what I thought Vale should have hammered 5-6-nil a leg up by doing nothing to let them get 1 goal is pathetic 4 well hang your head in shame Moore 

)

8 hours ago, JS Valiant said:

I don’t want to go down obviously but the possibility of Moore Resigning is the Best News Possible.

The man is obviously on a higher wage than most managers would want, for being completely out of his depth.

At least under Michael Brown the Players may not have been up to standard but at least they knew what they were doing and looked like they had a Plan.

Moore is so far behind the 8 Ball and other managers it’s almost comical.

Saturday Loft gets Injured in the Warm Up but he doesn’t change him for another body.

You have to make all contingency plans as a Manager.

Second Half them players hadn’t got a clue where to play or what to do, they were like lost sheep.

A Manager with any nous would have reacted straight away to Caldwell’s change of tactics but no, he just stood there.

He has no motivation skills whatsoever, claps the fans when the Team Wins and Disappears straight away when they lose.

I have never had less faith in a Manager at the Vale and the Sooner he goes the Better.

This excuse they aren’t his players only goes so far, we have Regressed under him for perhaps Double or Treble the Wage.

I know this won’t happen but I would Prefer Will Ryder in charge for the last 3 Games.

That’s absolute nonsense, how can you say we looked like we had a plan under Brown. Bloke’s the worst manager I’ve ever seen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

You're easily pleased! 

You’re doing those teams a disservice because we are nowhere near being anywhere close to average ourselves.

Edited by PV1973