onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (H) match thread - 27th Feb

robf

3 minutes ago, MBE said:

The confidence is absolutely shot, players are hiding from the ball its really obvious to see however 1 result changes that.

It HAS TO BE TOMORROW or we will be down.

Now is not the time to throw the towel in.

Agreed, although Burton play Carlisle at home and that's far from ideal.

I felt Saturday was the last chance saloon. Now I'm thinking the bouncers kicked us out but they've let us back in for one more drink. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

Think we just need to take it one game at a time really. We have to win tonight otherwise I don’t think Shrewsbury matters mate 

The stats say we had the better of the game v Lincoln. We lost because we blew our brains out in stupid moments. Should have been a 0-0 game with us showing more shots on target etc. Other than stupidity we defended OK. Someone / some people headed the ball 26 times which showed improved capability in the air. All this with team shot of confidence. Win v Fleetwood that will come back to a normal level. We will be ready to fight to stay up and have good players coming back and getting fitter. 

15 minutes ago, MBE said:

Why waste your time?

Because our league status and financing of the club for the next 3 years depends on tomorrow.

Snap out of it and get down Vale Park.

You're right mate but I can't castigate anyone for not going. I was giving it a miss as it's actually affecting my moods ( dramatic I know ). Spent from 15.01 on Saturday until i went to bed mulling over the horrendous goings on I keep putting myself through. 

I am actually going because my son in law would be sat on his own so I caved in to him moaning at me.

I don't actually want to go but I'll be shouting like a loon as normal .

Is it 2 years since won a home league game on a Tuesday? I won't criticise a single person who can't be bothered tomorrow. 

The attitude of the players is so frustrating because the fixtures are in our favour! 

At home: Cambridge, Exeter, inconsistent Bristol Rovers, sliding Oxford, Fleetwood, Shrewsbury.

You really couldn't ask for a better home fixtures going in to the last 1/4.

Couple with that beatable Burton and already beaten Wigan and Northampton away.

18th with 49 points last year: that means we need 6 wins, 8 losses to equal that again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smithie said:

I don't think that's true. 

He'll get time and rightly so, but he was number one on a list of one target for the job. It's inexplicable that the club  interviewed only one person.

As for Carol telling the people at the post-match gathering that she'd just been upstairs telling Darren's wife how grateful she was to DM for joining the club....well, I'm speechless.

I'd love to have been there when the contract was awarded.

DM; I'd like a minimum two-year deal

CS & DF;  We were thinking 3 years

DM; If we're saying 3, we might as well say 4

CS & DF;  What the hell, let's say 5

DM; Could I be cheeky and ask for 5 and a half?

CS & DF;  Does that include cliches and mangled English?

DM; Yes Carol, Yes Dave. In fact can I call you two Clickers?

CS & DF; That aligns with our values perfectly.

DM; Great - see you tomorrow.   

Mobile phone records show that Darren's next Google search was "Bentley dealerships, Stoke on Trent". 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Warren said:

The stats say we had the better of the game v Lincoln. We lost because we blew our brains out in stupid moments. Should have been a 0-0 game with us showing more shots on target etc. Other than stupidity we defended OK. Someone / some people headed the ball 26 times which showed improved capability in the air. All this with team shot of confidence. Win v Fleetwood that will come back to a normal level. We will be ready to fight to stay up and have good players coming back and getting fitter. 

True but it’s all ifs buts & maybes mate. We have to cut the mistakes out, be tighter at the back & put any chances we get away. It’s been exactly the same pretty much all season. Going take a miracle from here 

46 minutes ago, MBE said:

Do or die tomorrow and on that basis I would urge all fans get down to support the team for one last time before all hope is gone.

If it was up to me I would make a few changes from Saturday. Sang is our player most likely to create a chance with some lovely deliveries into the box so we need to get him higher up the pitch  and I always feel we do better when him and Massey link up together. Putting Grant in CM I would hope he can help us to control the midfield better. Last chance saloon for a lot of these lads.

My team would be:

Ripley

Sang Lapota Debrah Yak

Ojo Grant

Massey Garrity Mighten

Loft

Hope DM sees this team.

I reckon we will smash it 4-0 tonight. Smith will be subbed on for Lopata and score a hat trick to make up for Saturday and Devine intervention will be in the club shop after having a long sleeved away top with Smith on the back 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, WV said:

I reckon we will smash it 4-0 tonight. Smith will be subbed on for Lopata and score a hat trick to make up for Saturday and Devine intervention will be in the club shop after having a long sleeved away top with Smith on the back 

Is that purely because there will be no opposition there tonight?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, smithie said:

Agreed, although Burton play Carlisle at home and that's far from ideal.

I felt Saturday was the last chance saloon. Now I'm thinking the bouncers kicked us out but they've let us back in for one more drink. 

After recent performances they’ll be using bouncers to kick people in.

19 minutes ago, WV said:

No chance of us losing tonight that’s a certainty 😜

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Warren said:

Despite the stats Lincoln never got out of second gear & if they needed to step up they would have done. Clear for all to see we weren't going to score so they just eased off.

• Like 3