onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln City (H) match thread - 24th Feb

robf

6 hours ago, 1 said:

We’ve essentially replaced two of our best players with little more than shadows.

And they weren’t even our players. On the whole we’ve managed to build a squad of characterless nobodies (probably Garrity and ripley aside). 

Advert

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

And they weren’t even our players. On the whole we’ve managed to build a squad of characterless nobodies (probably Garrity and ripley aside). 

Which flies in the face of what they tell us with every player reveal ! 

Oh Joe bloggs is a wonderful character and fits the club ethos. Blah blah blah. 

3 hours ago, andy jones said:

Will support the team 100% but feel the damage has already been done with defeats in last 2 games.

The incompetence of the Management since the Burton home game, where our charity defence shone and gave warning to one and all of what was to come if left unfixed now leaves us heading back to the 4th division.

The signing of Prem youngsters on deals where they could be recalled half way through a season is total incompetence. It meant we spent the first quarter of the season taking huge risks with the team whilst they adjust to playing men's football. Then after them playing for just contributing one quarter of a season we are shiton as they get recalled and sent to championship or their first team. This leaves us having to fill those positions with new loans that will take another quarter of a season to adjust to men's football again to our detriment.

Flitcroft has sacrificed our position in league 1 on a project that could never work. Whether it be instigating a club wide formation (3-5-2) that was not only beyond our own players abilities but also deeply unpopular with the paying customers ... us fans.

Plus the scenario of loan players impacting our overall team performance.

Ollie and Divine prosper from being at Vale whilst our club and us fans head back to the 4th division.

Under no circumstances should we have ever taken loan players if they could be recalled. Its either a season loan or don't take them.

How I wished we had not taken them on loans that had recall clause in them and simply signed competent league 1 players on full time contracts.

Finally, to blood our own young kids en-masse when the team is in free fall is criminal to their development and our prospects.

I wonder if the DOF still trusts the process 🤔

I’m sure he’s a great guy and is putting 100% effort in, but what did we bring Loft in to do? He doesn’t seem to be able to hold the ball up or pass well enough to be a target man, isn’t fast enough or have any sort of finishing skills (head or feet) to be more of a poacher. 

Pope had a similar physique and speed as Loft but he had great heading and scored a ton of goals. I don’t see Loft being able to score or set anyone up to score. 

4 minutes ago, DaneValiant said:

I’m sure he’s a great guy and is putting 100% effort in, but what did we bring Loft in to do? He doesn’t seem to be able to hold the ball up or pass well enough to be a target man, isn’t fast enough or have any sort of finishing skills (head or feet) to be more of a poacher. 

Pope had a similar physique and speed as Loft but he had great heading and scored a ton of goals. I don’t see Loft being able to score or set anyone up to score. 

Think you’re being a bit unfair on Loft there, he can definitely run faster than Pope 😭😭😭🏃🏻🏃🏻🏃🏻

8 minutes ago, DaneValiant said:

Loft has scored as many goals as Pope did at his age (26). Probably not likely that Loft will go on to win the League Two top-scorer award though 

15 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Which flies in the face of what they tell us with every player reveal ! 

Oh Joe bloggs is a wonderful character and fits the club ethos. Blah blah blah. 

"and possesses the non-negotiable personal qualities that we demand at the football club..." etc

Every time we have signed a player and I read the announcement about it on the official site I just think what is this b0ll0cks, as its full of utterly meaningless bilge, such as the line above.

I will be there on Saturday, the only big decision I have to make is Hognoggins or Bulls Head for my pre-match Titanic Plum Porters. Think the Bulls Head will shade it as they do a pretty good BBQ in the beer garden. I do have to watch my intake now due to the toilet problems at the ground.

As regards the game, surely we have to throw in a decent performance and result somewhere along the line, I'm hoping that Saturday is that day.

3 - 1 to the mighty Vale.

Thinking about the team for sat we have to score goals as we more than likely concede yet again so I'm thinking .

Ripley 

Lopota Ojo  Jones 

Sang.                      Mighten 

Weir Walters Chislett 

Garrity 

Wilson 

We reaching GO FOR IT time now I'd like see us move the ball quickly through the field .

Weir did some good stuff other night and Jones snd Mighten were more than adequate down the left side and up until jones going off for passing ball back to keeper ,we were solid if not spectacular and Mighten should have scored if I'm.Moore ,and let's face every fan thinks there manager , and I'm.seeing what his pace can do I'm.telling  him be brave and drive with ball in the oppositions penalty area believe in yourself Mighten there's winning goals or assists be had every game for next 15.

Walters can pass a ball is strong a right good player and Garrity can rat around doing what he does best aided by Chislett and Weir .

Ojo is very calm and will slot superbly  into back line back there he should be able see the full picture of what's required in front of him .

To me I don't want see Lowe doesn't drive forwards we shouldn't need have players in front of defence babysitting them .

We play to win 

If I see the likes of Loft Massey and Grant in team news I'll go back sleep .

UTV 

21 hours ago, Granville said:

100% on this. Not keen on our chances either.

Lincoln are on a good run and this will be a tough game;

cheltenham will beat Wigan tomorrow night as they comfortably beat us and will stay up and we can expect Tuesday night to be important against Fleetwood who I expect to lose at Exeter on Saturday but four go down and clearly Carlisle will be gone  at Wycombe are sliding down and they play Cheltenham the same night as we play Fleetwood and we have to play them at home yet and don’t discount Shrewsbury yet 

Archived