onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln City (H) match thread - 24th Feb

robf

17 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Agreed. 

We weren't always like this though, were we? Earlier this season, under Crosby and with largely the same set of players, there was a vast majority of fans praising the football we were playing. Maybe that weird run of wins was flukey but the football was generally entertaining even if we weren't exactly scoring for fun. What's changed? Obviously having a paper thin squad due to back-ups not being very good and first teamers injured hasn't helped, but it's odd to see how wretched we are now compared with us playing relatively well earlier in the season. Have we just been found out? General malaise around the club? I dunno... 

Losing Ollie & Alfie massively hampered any fluidity & certainly hasn’t helped . I think a lot of it comes down to confidence. Only takes a win folks keep the faith 💪🏻 

Advert

We’ve replaced a player destined for a career in the premier league in Arblaster with a player who will eventually sign a 2 year deal with a mid-table L2 team in Weir. 

We’ve replaced an ever-developing starlet who could be steady in the Championship in Devine with a player who could be on a par with Devine’s talent in Gore. However, Alfie took 15 games to get going, if Gore does that he’ll look just about half decent by the time the season ends. If he even gets to that stage due to injuries.

We’ve essentially replaced two of our best players with little more than shadows.

38 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Agreed. 

We weren't always like this though, were we? Earlier this season, under Crosby and with largely the same set of players, there was a vast majority of fans praising the football we were playing. Maybe that weird run of wins was flukey but the football was generally entertaining even if we weren't exactly scoring for fun. What's changed? Obviously having a paper thin squad due to back-ups not being very good and first teamers injured hasn't helped, but it's odd to see how wretched we are now compared with us playing relatively well earlier in the season. Have we just been found out? General malaise around the club? I dunno... 

I think confidence was a big factor. I think if you string a run together you're more willing to try the forward pass and not worry about mistakes. When it ended, it wasn't too long before we were producing endless spells of possession with no end product because we'd lost the confidence that we had during the run. 

I said it before and I’ll say it again, inter-changing attacking midfielders who go forward then get back in position as one unit is the way to go. What’s the point in just sticking a player up front because they call themselves a striker and we simply must play with a striker?

The key to our struggles from January last year where we bombed out from top 10 to just escaping relegation and again this year is losing Garrity to injury.

It was exaggerated this year with coinciding with the loss of Arblaster, Devine and Ojo - I think we'll pick up once he's back starting and if we can keep him and Ojo fit I'm very hopeful the 5 or 6 wins are achievable to maintain our L1 standing.

24 minutes ago, 1 said:

We’ve replaced a player destined for a career in the premier league in Arblaster with a player who will eventually sign a 2 year deal with a mid-table L2 team in Weir. 

We’ve replaced an ever-developing starlet who could be steady in the Championship in Devine with a player who could be on a par with Devine’s talent in Gore. However, Alfie took 15 games to get going, if Gore does that he’ll look just about half decent by the time the season ends. If he even gets to that stage due to injuries.

We’ve essentially replaced two of our best players with little more than shadows.

Arblaster and Devine were never two of “our” best players because they were never “ours” they were loans. That’s the problem with Flitcroft’s Prem nursery plan, if they are good, they leave. Simply put they are foundations of a club built on sand and we are sinking without them. 

Well enjoy the game .

Can bring a mate for free .

You might not be mates after 

Team.well you cannot have players in your team who cannot score also you cannot play players in positions there at best below average in .

Lincoln play with one up front so don't need 4 at the back just play 1 then as many runners as possible preferably ones who have ambition once receiving the  ball.(Cass he did that but because a few goals went in against us it was supposedly his fault while othersgot away Scott free )

Haven't decided if going yet will decide on day I'm not sure having 3 hrs sleep to go watch is worth it anymore hopefully if fates kind to me I'll sleep through till 17.00 

5 hours ago, robf said:

The discussion thread for the Lincoln game...

this match has developed into a must win game but they haven’t lost in a while  five games in fact and over the last two away games; both lost sadly; I hope we can’t seem to find a goal and despite increasing his work rate loft can’t score an Wilson looks lacking in fitness; it may come down to other teams losing but we will know about Cheltenham come match day and Fleetwood are away at Exeter and the following Tuesday may become even more important as Carlisle look down already 

Will support the team 100% but feel the damage has already been done with defeats in last 2 games.

The incompetence of the Management since the Burton home game, where our charity defence shone and gave warning to one and all of what was to come if left unfixed now leaves us heading back to the 4th division.

The signing of Prem youngsters on deals where they could be recalled half way through a season is total incompetence. It meant we spent the first quarter of the season taking huge risks with the team whilst they adjust to playing men's football. Then after them playing for just contributing one quarter of a season we are shiton as they get recalled and sent to championship or their first team. This leaves us having to fill those positions with new loans that will take another quarter of a season to adjust to men's football again to our detriment.

Flitcroft has sacrificed our position in league 1 on a project that could never work. Whether it be instigating a club wide formation (3-5-2) that was not only beyond our own players abilities but also deeply unpopular with the paying customers ... us fans.

Plus the scenario of loan players impacting our overall team performance.

Ollie and Divine prosper from being at Vale whilst our club and us fans head back to the 4th division.

Under no circumstances should we have ever taken loan players if they could be recalled. Its either a season loan or don't take them.

How I wished we had not taken them on loans that had recall clause in them and simply signed competent league 1 players on full time contracts.

Finally, to blood our own young kids en-masse when the team is in free fall is criminal to their development and our prospects.

50 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

this match has developed into a must win game but they haven’t lost in a while  five games in fact and over the last two away games; both lost sadly; I hope we can’t seem to find a goal and despite increasing his work rate loft can’t score an Wilson looks lacking in fitness; it may come down to other teams losing but we will know about Cheltenham come match day and Fleetwood are away at Exeter and the following Tuesday may become even more important as Carlisle look down already 

I think personally Fleetwood are gone. 

Things can change quickly but I think it's 2 from 4.

Vale Charlton Shrewsbury Cheltenham. 

1 hour ago, andy jones said:

Will support the team 100% but feel the damage has already been done with defeats in last 2 games.

The incompetence of the Management since the Burton home game, where our charity defence shone and gave warning to one and all of what was to come if left unfixed now leaves us heading back to the 4th division.

The signing of Prem youngsters on deals where they could be recalled half way through a season is total incompetence. It meant we spent the first quarter of the season taking huge risks with the team whilst they adjust to playing men's football. Then after them playing for just contributing one quarter of a season we are shiton as they get recalled and sent to championship or their first team. This leaves us having to fill those positions with new loans that will take another quarter of a season to adjust to men's football again to our detriment.

Flitcroft has sacrificed our position in league 1 on a project that could never work. Whether it be instigating a club wide formation (3-5-2) that was not only beyond our own players abilities but also deeply unpopular with the paying customers ... us fans.

Plus the scenario of loan players impacting our overall team performance.

Ollie and Divine prosper from being at Vale whilst our club and us fans head back to the 4th division.

Under no circumstances should we have ever taken loan players if they could be recalled. Its either a season loan or don't take them.

How I wished we had not taken them on loans that had recall clause in them and simply signed competent league 1 players on full time contracts.

Finally, to blood our own young kids en-masse when the team is in free fall is criminal to their development and our prospects.

likewise for me but Flitcroft may have been appointed director of football and hasn’t fulfilled the job at all and has  signed the consistently awful players like the one goal loft and signings from other clubs that can be recalled is pointless and I hope he has no influence on our new manager’s choices and appointments and Carol is completely blind to this and he appointed youth team coaches while bent her ear; for goodness sake Carol I ask you to remove this man from his post as every club he has managed has been relegated 

please get rid championship ready is now league two ready as money from season tickets will fall as will television rights 

Archived