onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

33 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Well the years before flitcroft got dof weren't we spending money on the squad neglecting everything else? We would have a good run and then have no money and start over from league 2. Eventually we would go into administration. We did that for 20 odd years. I m sticking with df. What he has said has made sence. Lots of different areas of the club have come on massively. The academy used to be like playing Sunday league football with Sunday league facilities. Just one example. Look at the ground and pitch how much better they are. Now I know we need good players on the pitch but we aren't like other teams in League 1. The other teams have brand new or at least half decent training ground, academy, ground and etc. So they can put more money towards there squads while also making more profits from selling young talents or oatcakes in there fan zone etc. It didn't help just spending money on the first team for 20 years now did it? Because now we have to build up the things we neglected. Or we could do what some vale fans want and neglect everything other than the first team and not get any further than league 1.

All we had done before flitcroft took over as dof was invest in the first team. Dont get me wrong I would like that very much at the minute but at the time we didn't invest in anything off the pitch. We would invest in the first team and only go from league 2 to league 1 and then back to league 2 and then go into administration because are club wasn't financially stable not making and profits. If we want to go to the championship we need to spend of the pitch so we will be stable when we get up there.  it definitely risks are league 1 status but it's a risk we have to take now. We went into league 1 2 years early taking money away from all the different projects meaning we couldn't spend as much on the 1st team and all the stuf off the pitch (I'm guessing).

The club needs a complete rebuild in some areas and so far it has gone pretty well.

We can't repeat neglecting off the pitch or we will fail like we had for 20 years.

Or is that what people want? Honestly I don't know

This is a modern game meaning all the modern thing are essential.

20 years ago you could just about get away with only spending on your first team. This is 20 years later.

Micky Adams got us promoted while we were in administration without a kit to play in! 

What money we had we invested in a good manager with contacts who played a bold brand of football and was tactically good. 

More importantly we invested in players who were winners. Might not have been the best players but they had the right mentality - never shirked a challenge, put their bodies on the line, went the extra mile.

We didn't have fancy facilities, amazing community projects, top notch training grounds or Directors of Football. 

Stevenage don't have any of that. Neither do Northampton, Bristol Rovers etc. 

But they HAVE put money into their first team to survive at this level. We don't appear to have done that - it also appears that all this infrastructure is a convenient excuse not to do it.

Advert

We lose our best wingback, top scorer and centre forward to long term injuries. Is that flitcrofts fault?

We miss out on good targets in January due to situations out of our hands. These would not have been cheap options. If we'd gone out and signed bang average players instead imagine the backlash.

Do people really think that flitcroft will be dictating tactics to Darren Moore?

There's so much unsubstantiated <ovf censored> being said at the moment. I firmly believe if we hadn't had the injuries we've had we'd be comfortable mid table.

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

I'm not renewing to watch this embarassing dire football sinking down in league 2 under Admiral David Brent, no. I'll quite happily write Carol a polite and passionate essay why.

So u did know what I meant 👍

Aside from the whole recruitment shambles, can somebody tell me who decided that 3-5-2 should be the de facto formation throughout the various teams? 

We have one of the largest pitches in the whole League, ideal for wingers… so guess what…..we don’t play with any.

And we bemoan the lack of Wing Backs or ball playing Centre Backs….. but realistically how many of these are on the market in L1/L2 that will make a meaningful difference?? Precisely none. 

Even if you look at the top PL sides, none of them play 3 at the back. So why is it sensible for little old Port Vale to have this as the ‘identity’

It is absolutely bonkers and just beggars belief, it really does. 

14 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Ye they do. Generates money to spend on the team.

Entertaining winning football will always bring in more fans than a hot pie and a nice blade of grass- absolutely no argument about that 

1 minute ago, Stockleys_socks said:

If we'd gone out and signed bang average players instead imagine the backlash.

We're bringing on an actual school boy after 60 minutes every game. Having a "bang average" striker available on the bench would be <ovf censored> brilliant!

2 minutes ago, Stockleys_socks said:

We lose our best wingback, top scorer and centre forward to long term injuries. Is that flitcrofts fault?

We miss out on good targets in January due to situations out of our hands. These would not have been cheap options. If we'd gone out and signed bang average players instead imagine the backlash.

Do people really think that flitcroft will be dictating tactics to Darren Moore?

There's so much unsubstantiated <ovf censored> being said at the moment. I firmly believe if we hadn't had the injuries we've had we'd be comfortable mid table.

Why did clubs like Cambridge,Burton etc manage to get strikers in ? 

I was conned by his podcast, sucked me right in.

We nearly had A, we nearly had B blah blah blah. 

Utter tosh. 

Once Uche went off on January 20th we had 11 days to get 2 strikers and a wing back in. We ended up sending a crock back to Liverpool, and the Barnsley lad despite having umpteen centre halves. Although admittedly our defence is terrible. 

He had me over. And thats why Carol is the same, other posters admitted they fell for his spiel too. 

2 hours ago, Granville said:

Micky Adams got us promoted while we were in administration without a kit to play in! 

What money we had we invested in a good manager with contacts who played a bold brand of football and was tactically good. 

More importantly we invested in players who were winners. Might not have been the best players but they had the right mentality - never shirked a challenge, put their bodies on the line, went the extra mile.

We didn't have fancy facilities, amazing community projects, top notch training grounds or Directors of Football. 

Stevenage don't have any of that. Neither do Northampton, Bristol Rovers etc. 

But they HAVE put money into their first team to survive at this level. We don't appear to have done that - it also appears that all this infrastructure is a convenient excuse not to do it.

Add Cambridge burton Lincoln to that. They seen to always survive and attract decent enough lower end level league one players. We don’t want to compete with derby posh Pompey Wrexham Stockport we have to compete with Lincoln burton Cambridge orient Northampton. And at this very moment once again we simply are not which could result in a relegation back to that god awful graveyard league. 

24 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Thanks mate. Shows why we are investing off the pitch. Proves my point. We have neglected everything off the pitch for 20 odd years. The ground has gotten better like I said. It still need a lot of work though. 5 years ago the ground was <ovf censored> now its better than <ovf censored>.

Is it you that wrote that dumb letter or did you just make the script for the podcast 🤔 

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Why did clubs like Cambridge,Burton etc manage to get strikers in ? 

I was conned by his podcast, sucked me right in.

We nearly had A, we nearly had B blah blah blah. 

Utter tosh. 

Once Uche went off on January 20th we had 11 days to get 2 strikers and a wing back in. We ended up sending a crock back to Liverpool, and the Barnsley lad despite having umpteen centre halves. Although admittedly our defence is terrible. 

He had me over. And thats why Carol is the same, other posters admitted they fell for his spiel too. 

Yeah me mate not for the first time either! Won’t be happening again pal can see exactly what he is all about or not all about! Unfortunately I don’t think Carol will ever see it. He would walk before she got rid 

Archived