onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

27 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

How long will it take for DM to assess the players, including the returning injured. Form them into an effective team, maybe with a couple of additions. Demonstrate his motivation skills and produce some points?

About 3 months at a guess 

Advert

1 minute ago, Rockape99 said:

If you don’t pass the ball to Wilson he’s impotent, we not passed to him to day at all 

On the flip side I see no fight or passion from him compared to two years ago. 
He’s going through the motions and I love the man. He will go down in our history with the playoffs we went through but he’s playing as a shell of a man. I see no leadership, desire or fight from these senior players.

Agree? 
If not show me some proof.

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Football very emotional game.

I've just thrown my toys out of the pram and cut my nose off to spite my face by saying I'm not going to Derby with my mates.

It's draining me and I can't bear the thought of a thrashing there with 25'000 laughing at us. Pathetic for a grown man but it's sucking the life out of me. That's how I'm feeling. Sad I know. 

It'll be a sad state of affairs if results between now and then mean we don't sell out at Derby. Not that I'd blame anybody for keeping their cash in their pocket. 

15 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

The only straw clutching I can manage is that Clarke was probably the worst manager DM could face as he probably knows many in the current Vale team more than DM does. 

15 Vale players graced that pitch today.

Darrell Clarke played 5 of them when in charge of us.

But don’t let facts get in the way of desperate hope.

1 minute ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Whoever sanctioned the 2 year deal for Jones ought to be fired on the spot. Not only he is he a national league standard defender his injury record is awful.

No one will ever convince me he’s good enough for league one😩

Couldn't grab the pen quickly enough.

So much so he twisted his back and was out for 3 months ! 

3 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

15 Vale players graced that pitch today.

Darrell Clarke played 5 of them when in charge of us.

But don’t let facts get in the way of desperate hope.

Exactly mate.

Didn't stop Birmingham beating John Eustace at Blackburn the other day .

What's concerning is that many of our fans thought that the midweek postponement worked in our favour....giving DM more time to work with his new squad...and yet its more games to squeeze in at the arse end of a season where the pitches are damp.

49 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

4 at the back 6 at the back.  Why get hung up on formations when the real reasons we’re conceding goals are far more basic?  Marking.  Tracking runners.  Winning the first ball.  Winning second balls.  Laying your body on the line to block a shot or cross.  Winning your individual battles.  It’s Lads n Dads stuff and we’re 💩 at it.

This is it!!!

I’ve been saying this or more shouting this to my wife, kids, friends or even stangers if they listen to me. 30 games I’ve watched us do the same thing over and over again. It’s not even about football. It’s just bloody basics of competitive team sport. It has nothing to do with tactics, formation or skill. It’s a will, determination,application and just bloody mindedness to beat the opponent your up against, win that battle and work harder than your opponent. We have not done all season.

Crosby actually said it, sadly for him he only did it in his final post match interview. If he had done it much sooner maybe things would be different.

40 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Football very emotional game.

I've just thrown my toys out of the pram and cut my nose off to spite my face by saying I'm not going to Derby with my mates.

It's draining me and I can't bear the thought of a thrashing there with 25'000 laughing at us. Pathetic for a grown man but it's sucking the life out of me. That's how I'm feeling. Sad I know. 

Your passionate about the vale like the rest of us and it hurts to see players representing the badge strolling around showing no fight or desire , They need a reality check, I work 40 hours a week  I don't piss about on a pitch and steal a wage , I have to graft for my money .

6 minutes ago, Saphenous said:

What's concerning is that many of our fans thought that the midweek postponement worked in our favour....giving DM more time to work with his new squad...and yet its more games to squeeze in at the arse end of a season where the pitches are damp.

I don’t think damp pitches are anything to worry about youth.

2 hours ago, Vtid said:

Consistently 6/7 out of 10 week in week out petty. Really steady player & a fighter we don’t have many who give 7 out of 10 week in week out or how to stand up & be counted. He’s no world beater but can be very underrated in what he does by some. Not saying you specifically 

You also have to admit that Pett was one player that the majority of fans were saying we need to replace, but for a better player.

Flitcroft failure again

5 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Seems Dicko is packing in running the fun bus.

A sad indictment of how poor we’ve been and how poorly the diehards have been treated with patronising letters.

Seems to have been a long time since the last Derek I’m Gutted was out as well? I really hope the diehards aren’t throwing in the towel

Archived