onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

Advert

2 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Interesting to hear DC’s comments on the game:

It was a battle, second ball game, hustle and bustle. Blackpool on Tuesday were more technical, possession based but they didn't really cause us any problems. Port Vale caused us more problems and Darren (Moore) will go in there and turn them around, make no bones about that. He's a top class manager and a top class guy. They'll turn it around and I am sure they'll get the rhythm. For us it's about fighting away - nothing has changed since I've come in the building. We needed a certain amount of wins and we've ticked another one off today.

Well of course Clarke would still wish us well, he was loved by fans and Moore spoke highly of him. However his classy comments can’t hide the reality of us being totally inept. 

3 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Interesting to hear DC’s comments on the game:

It was a battle, second ball game, hustle and bustle. Blackpool on Tuesday were more technical, possession based but they didn't really cause us any problems. Port Vale caused us more problems and Darren (Moore) will go in there and turn them around, make no bones about that. He's a top class manager and a top class guy. They'll turn it around and I am sure they'll get the rhythm. For us it's about fighting away - nothing has changed since I've come in the building. We needed a certain amount of wins and we've ticked another one off today.

Probably just trying to ease our pain mate. Top man Clarkey 👊🏻 

Pett was okay for us. Never let us down but he didn't exactly shine a lot either, so we shouldn't make him out to be better than what he is and was. But signing Jason Lowe, a player Salford didn't want in the league below, and playing him as often as we have is criminal. Even more so as a midfielder where he offers absolutely nothing. There's been some mind bogglingly poor decisions made by those that are at the top within the club in terms of staff and player recruitment. 

1 hour ago, Hoppers said:

Ok, I only watched on the old i-feel-low, (I live in Norway you see) but to me, lofty in terms of running his heart out seemed head and shoulders above everyone else. Would be interested in views of the beautiful bouncing valiants who were brave enuff to venture there today.

Also really sad to read the post from the young fan of 45 years + jacking it in - it can really get you that way sometimes - life's too short 👍

Yep. I went to the game mate and Lofty ran his tayters off. He's never going to be good enough. It's not his fault we signed him. So all we can ask is he gives everything when he plays and he is doing.

4 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Pett was okay for us. Never let us down but he didn't exactly shine a lot either, so we shouldn't make him out to be better than what he is and was. But signing Jason Lowe, a player Salford didn't want in the league below, and playing him as often as we have is criminal. Even more so as a midfielder where he offers absolutely nothing. There's been some mind bogglingly poor decisions made by those that are at the top within the club in terms of staff and player recruitment. 

Consistently 6/7 out of 10 week in week out petty. Really steady player & a fighter we don’t have many who give 7 out of 10 week in week out or how to stand up & be counted. He’s no world beater but can be very underrated in what he does by some. Not saying you specifically 

2 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

Yep. I went to the game mate and Lofty ran his tayters off. He's never going to be good enough. It's not his fault we signed him. So all we can ask is he gives everything when he plays and he is doing.

1 minute ago, Valiiant said:

Pett, Conlon, Worrall, Proctor, Hall, Gibbons, Cass, Benning, Harratt, Edmondson, would all walk into this side right now.

Every single one of them.

And THAT is where the fans get frustrated and angry at Flitcroft.

Not because they were world beaters but BECAUSE they have never been replaced with anything better!

What a <ovf censored> mess.

Shame on Carol Shanahan for letting this debacle go on and not listening to the fans.

Shame on Carol Shanahan for attacking the fans with an open letter.

Shame on Carol Shanahan that she has always said she is one of us yet treats us with disdain towards David Flitcroft.

He is the cancer. She cannot see it.

Shame on her.

9 minutes ago, Powerline said:

This is a big problem with the team. They’re a bunch of cowards. No one will stand up and get up for the fight. Look at it compared to the squad that came up. Gibbo, Worrall, Pett, Conlon, even the old experienced heads like Martin and Proctor. Character wise we are weak as piss. Worst thing is Pett and Worrall could  still be here now and be doing a job. Even Conlon, as bad as he was last year, is a damn sight better than Lowe.

Couldn’t agree with your post more. Totally and sadly right. 

Worrall should have stayed. That was the first sign of serious cost cutting for me, quibbling over an extra year despite him having being a loyal, reliable player with a good injury record. 

All the other players you mention were either crocks or certainly not good enough for league 1.

The fact Flitcroft has managed to make us yearn for such underwhelming players under his direction as a director of football is actually a form of achievement. It really took some effort to find guys worse than what had gone before in a league 1 team. People missing the likes of Benning, just goes to show how utterly awful recruitment this year has been. 

However a lot of people seemed to be defending the likes of Flitcroft and Carol back in August trying to say things like the budget wasn’t cut, players like Sang were going to be a cut above and that the lack of strikers, rather amusingly would make us harder to beat! 😂

The writing was on the wall then. 

5 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Couldn’t agree with your post more. Totally and sadly right. 

Worrall should have stayed. That was the first sign of serious cost cutting for me, quibbling over an extra year despite him having being a loyal, reliable player with a good injury record. 

All the other players you mention were either crocks or certainly not good enough for league 1.

The fact Flitcroft has managed to make us yearn for such underwhelming players under his direction as a director of football is actually a form of achievement. It really took some effort to find guys worse than what had gone before in a league 1 team. People missing the likes of Benning, just goes to show how utterly awful recruitment this year has been. 

However a lot of people seemed to be defending the likes of Flitcroft and Carol back in August trying to say things like the budget wasn’t cut, players like Sang were going to be a cut above and that the lack of strikers, rather amusingly would make us harder to beat! 😂

The writing was on the wall then. 

I’m not saying we should’ve kept them - just pointing out that successful teams require character. Of which we have none. Only ones I’d have kept out of them lot I mentioned were Worrall, Pett (showed today he’s miles clear of anything we have currently), and Conlon (who although was poor last season, again I’d rather have in midfield than Lowe). Imagine today after Lopata got pushed into the barrier - you can guarantee the likes of Woz and Gibbo would be right in their faces. 

7 minutes ago, Powerline said:

I’m not saying we should’ve kept them - just pointing out that successful teams require character. Of which we have none. Only ones I’d have kept out of them lot I mentioned were Worrall, Pett (showed today he’s miles clear of anything we have currently), and Conlon (who although was poor last season, again I’d rather have in midfield than Lowe). Imagine today after Lopata got pushed into the barrier - you can guarantee the likes of Woz and Gibbo would be right in their faces. 

In the mess we’re in now & dogfight I’d have gibbo in a heartbeat. Proper little battler doesn’t take any prisoners. Like a bunch of princesses most of this lot! 

Archived