onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Peterborough (A) match thread - 10th March

robf

Advert

35 minutes ago, bomber said:

Our biggest problem is its a Tuesday! Why bother turning up! What is it with Tuesday league games ?

Coming up to 2 years (April 2022) since our last Tuesday night league win which is bonkers, considering we've had plenty of cup wins in that time it is a strange one!

We will get beat here I think and possibly heavily, they have goals throughout the team and we rarely do well against them, especially away.

Peterborough may have lost there last 3 games, but there in the top six and some of there best players have been out injured and scheduled to be back playing tomorrow night. We have 3 wins, 6 draws and 13 defeats from our last 22 league games. Our best attacking options in garrity and ikpeazu are still out injured so if we lose narrowly 1 nil or 2 1 I'd be happy, but really I'm expecting them put 4 or 5 past us.

1 minute ago, Andy Proctor said:

Peterborough may have lost there last 3 games, but there in the top six and some of there best players have been out injured and scheduled to be back playing tomorrow night. We have 3 wins, 6 draws and 13 defeats from our last 22 league games. Our best attacking options in garrity and ikpeazu are still out injured so if we lose narrowly 1 nil or 2 1 I'd be happy, but really I'm expecting them put 4 or 5 past us.

cheerful one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!😁

If I was selecting the team for tomorrow's game I would just ask them all "who fancies it?" and make my selection based on the responses. When you are up to your neck in the brown stuff you want first and foremost those that are up for it, not delicate flowers or "bottlers". You never know, we might just catch them off guard as they will obviously be expecting the team that we have been far too many times this season. 

A scrappy one nil to the Vale. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

If 5 of there players back tomoz then they should be rusty .

No excuses if Wycombe can bang five in v them we can .

I'd expect us go for it from kick off  Peterborough only are  really any good if score first ..

If Vale score first Vale win .

Make a change for us take Stevenage away following and win I reckon 200 away followers tomoz 

Everything to gain and what goes around comes around we should have had 2 pens and Thomas's goal well the ball hadn't gone out last game v them you saw what happened v Stevenage things even themselves out  ,tomoz we score 3 minimum .

UTV 

Mm

Edited by Devine intervention

20 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

If 5 of there players back tomoz then they should be rusty .

No excuses if Wycombe can bang five in v them we can .

I'd expect us go for it from kick off  Peterborough only are  really any good if score first ..

If Vale score first Vale win .

Make a change for us take Stevenage away following and win I reckon 200 away followers tomoz 

Everything to gain and what goes around comes around we should have had 2 pens and Thomas's goal well the ball hadn't gone out last game v them you saw what happened v Stevenage things even themselves out  ,tomoz we score 3 minimum .

UTV 

Mm

The 5 players out have only missed the games in the past week and not the past month or so. They will be ready to go

10 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Coming up to 2 years (April 2022) since our last Tuesday night league win which is bonkers, considering we've had plenty of cup wins in that time it is a strange one!

We will get beat here I think and possibly heavily, they have goals throughout the team and we rarely do well against them, especially away.

Think we should move our mid week games to Thursdays- we haven’t lost on a Thursday for ages 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 4