onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Peterborough (A) match thread - 10th March

robf

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I've genuinely never heard that chant .

He’d seen it on YouTube

Basically the people in the stand holding a shoe up chanting “Shoes off, if you hate the Stoke” etc 

The younger minds are easily impressed 😂

• Like 1

Advert

this game is a really tough one against a team pushing for promotion on top of tge EFL cup win and whilst defensively we have improved I would happily settle for a draw but tonight’s matches might not work in our favour and I believe we need two or three wins to stay in the division and i believe we can do it but our goal difference doesn’t help

36 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

this game is a really tough one against a team pushing for promotion on top of tge EFL cup win and whilst defensively we have improved I would happily settle for a draw but tonight’s matches might not work in our favour and I believe we need two or three wins to stay in the division and i believe we can do it but our goal difference doesn’t help

Feel we need a performance like at Ipswich last season. A 1 goal defeat keeps us above Burton on goals scored. We sure don't need a tanking as that could be unrecoverable. 

• Like 4

If roles were reversed and it was Vale in the playoffs having just won at Wembley playing a team at home probably in the bottom 4 tomorrow night- then we know what would happen 

let’s hope Posh do a Vale 😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DanVale14 said:

Hello all!

Just a bit of help please.

My son is a big Vale fan, and Peterborough away will be his first live game.

He’s been learning as many chants as he can, but he finds the “Shoes off if you hate the Stoke” chant is his favourite.

Can the fans who are going to the game start that chant through the game to really give him an everlasting memory of the Vale.

Thank you! 👟

🤍🖤

Don't forget your turnip. Everyone has to put one on their head and stick a finger up their arse when the opposition score. Massive Vale away game tradition.

• Haha 6

Seeing as pretty much nobody expects anything from the game it must surely be the right one to go for it 100%. Peterborough certainly won't be expecting it, so throw caution to the winds and go for the jugular right from the whistle. The downside of course is that we could end up with a tonking that could be decisive in the final reckoning. Risk versus reward, the oldest conundrum of all. Personally I would take the risk, faint heart never won fair lady. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Old School said:

Seeing as pretty much nobody expects anything from the game it must surely be the right one to go for it 100%. Peterborough certainly won't be expecting it, so throw caution to the winds and go for the jugular right from the whistle. The downside of course is that we could end up with a tonking that could be decisive in the final reckoning. Risk versus reward, the oldest conundrum of all. Personally I would take the risk, faint heart never won fair lady. 

Will always be judged by the end result but I’d actually go the other way and set up to just shut the game down and frustrate them. Will require a lot of discipline to do it and you never know at some point we might have an opening. Part of the thinking does need to be protect GD even if we lose as unpopular as it might be.

• Like 1

I’d sit in and look to counter as much as we can. Use loft and Uche, play for set pieces. I expect us to play a really ugly game but one that I think in the circumstances is needed. It’s not a night I don’t think for Shorrock at wing back (even though he impressed at Wigan) 

Train booked ticket brought .

I'm looking forwards to it .

Nowt lose Vale go for it 

I don't want see a sit back cowardly performance as it costing me just under 95.60 just get there. 

It's a one off I don't go many so I'm really buzzing let's hope when I get on that 22-00 return Train I'm getting on with a positive scoreline to Vale 

SVA cannot wait get behind them .

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

Nowt lose Vale go for it 

I don't want see a sit back cowardly performance as it costing me just under 95.60 just got there. 

It's a one off I don't go many so I'm really buzzing let's hope when I get on that 22-00 return Train I'm getting on with a positive scoreline to Vale 

Hope you are rewarded for your blind faith. Don’t have it myself having been let down too many times in the past.

34 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Will always be judged by the end result but I’d actually go the other way and set up to just shut the game down and frustrate them. Will require a lot of discipline to do it and you never know at some point we might have an opening. Part of the thinking does need to be protect GD even if we lose as unpopular as it might be.

Crosby did that to some extent at Charlton away last season until the Barnsley miracle recovery at MK Dons. That was at 3-1 down. He had no faith in our ability to come back so went all negative. 

I was there and was appalled at such tactics. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

Nowt lose Vale go for it 

I don't want see a sit back cowardly performance as it costing me just under 95.60 just get there. 

Went last season on train but on a Saturday. 

You're going have to go some to make the 22.00. You'll have to come out early.