onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

2 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

That's not true at all.

There was an event the night before the game, which certain fans/box-holders were given email invites to.

I wouldn't have an issue if we had functioning plumbing tbh. I have a 90 year old Grandad attending with me.

What stand do u sit in? 

Advert

7 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

That's not true at all.

There was an event the night before the game, which certain fans/box-holders were given email invites to.

I wouldn't have an issue if we had functioning plumbing tbh. I have a 90 year old Grandad attending with me.

That's why I asked if we know for definite that certain fans were invited or if it was rumour? It seems to me that some fans are getting the Saturday mixed up with the Friday.

Also, even though there may be more information to add to what I've said, what I have said is 100% true.

Edited by Diego Maradona
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I agree with this. I 100% want to see a change in DoF and a change in overall strategy of the club However, as much as I'm frustrated, I don't think it's a good idea to start open dissent and protests. 

Reasons why:

1. Despite anger, appetite isn't there for any more open dissent. An unpopular anti-Flitcroft protest movement is only likely to open up further rifts in a very disenchanted fanbase.

2. It's really unpleasant to be involved with. The last B&G was successful but wasn't nice to take part in. You get a load of stick and resentment festers between fans.

3. Carol isn't budging.

Carol has set her stall out today, in a pretty poor way. I'm no longer of the mind to defend her, and if she wants to sell up I'm not going to try and convince her otherwise. It would probably be for the best for all parties.

However, there's not a great deal we can do apart from pray they get the appointment spot on. It's apathetic of me, but I feel the reality.

The statement asks for fans to stop chants asking for him to go - do you think it's the right thing to do that? (Stop the chants)

Do you think it's reasonable to expect fans who are staying away or keeping their cash in their pocket (e.g. Bez on ale and vale) to start pumping their money back in?

I do agree it's a right old mess now but her statement has made it a hell of a lot worse for everyone. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Finally broke the radio silence? 
Was she not at a fans forum the other week? 
And unfortunately for the full on negative fan a lot of that statement is true 

What’s true in it? She conveniently misses out every single negative. Where not dumb, there have been successes from DF, this statement would read a million times better if she had actually understood fan concerns and addressed them, not just tell us we’re all wrong and should be eternally greatful to her and that DF is some sort of hero. If it was balanced it would have been received much better. 

Largely during the bed spells Carol has been complete distant. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

What’s true in it? She conveniently misses out every single negative. Where not dumb, there have been successes from DF, this statement would read a million times better if she had actually understood fan concerns and addressed them, not just tell us we’re all wrong and should be eternally greatful to her and that DF is some sort of hero. If it was balanced it would have been received much better. 

Largely during the bed spells Carol has been complete distant. 

I agree with what u say there 

But the statement is not <ovf censored> though 

She could of started it better with mentioning this seasons team failures but maybe she thought it would be better to just say mistakes have been made 

6 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

I agree with what u say there 

But the statement is not <ovf censored> though 

She could of started it better with mentioning this seasons team failures but maybe she thought it would be better to just say mistakes have been made 

Easier is the word not better mate 

1 hour ago, Nippy Naylor said:

My Point is what's the point of having state of the art training facilities when the majority of the players we have are of  league two standard  

Money would be better spent on better players , The product on the pitch is  the most important part of any football club it's what gets fans coming through the turnstiles 

Better training facilities,nice executive lounge etc might make the sale of the club somewhat easier? I think they are looking to get out and this open letter has been the perfect way of deflecting everything on to us awful and unreasonable fans who can't see the magic of the Process because we are not wise enough to see it , unlike you Carol and tricky Dave....

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Great that’s she has finally broken the radio silence. Sadly the contents of the letter is pure bs. 

The contents aren’t pure bs though are they?  Carol has just listed positive achievements, which as far as I can see are facts.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ginge said:

People moan when she hasnt come out and said anything and when she does come out (just because people dislike it) they moan again. I disagree with Flitcroft staying but I think it's great we have an owner who is so open and honest about what's going on and where she stands on matters. 

Even though she's totally wrong and making another huge mistake in putting flitcroft before the fanbase? No fans no club...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ginge said:

People moan when she hasnt come out and said anything and when she does come out (just because people dislike it) they moan again. I disagree with Flitcroft staying but I think it's great we have an owner who is so open and honest about what's going on and where she stands on matters. 

Carol has shot herself in the foot today by basically telling our fan base to either like it or lump iit basically don't question her judgement well I'm afraid she's got it wrong  The fans are the lifeblood of the vale she is just the custodian stop wasting money on infrastructure and look at spending it on he  the most important part of any football club the playing squad .it's not rocket science just read the room, carol 

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Like 1

Just now, Aguar61 said:

Even though she's totally wrong and making another huge mistake in putting flitcroft before the fanbase? No fans no club...

But its not the fans club - its Carols, and fans or not, I can only presume she can close the club whenever she wants.

42 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

not tell us that we're all wrong and we should just open our eyes and stop being dim.

She didn't say that. But there have been fans calling her names and for her to go. And then what? 

• Like 1