Advert

Advert

David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

Our promotion happened a year too soon, didnt allow us to consolidate properly and it has continued to hamper us into this season.  If we go down which is looking likely I think we will bounce back quickly and then have a better chance at consolidation in League 1.  I do however think that the rebuilding process cannot be allowed to be run by David Flitcroft and in all honesty, i dont think should be done by a director of football at all.  Darren Moore has a better CV and better contacts than Flitcroft for a start so Flitcroft's position is not only untenable but also completely redundant.  What i would like to see in place is a return to the chief scout role, someone who can oversea the scouting network and report directly to Darren Moore.

• Like 9

Advert

2 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Our promotion happened a year too soon, didnt allow us to consolidate properly and it has continued to hamper us into this season.  If we go down which is looking likely I think we will bounce back quickly and then have a better chance at consolidation in League 1.  I do however think that the rebuilding process cannot be allowed to be run by David Flitcroft and in all honesty, i dont think should be done by a director of football at all.  Darren Moore has a better CV and better contacts than Flitcroft for a start so Flitcroft's position is not only untenable but also completely redundant.  What i would like to see in place is a return to the chief scout role, someone who can oversea the scouting network and report directly to Darren Moore.

We have a Recruitment Manager in charge of the Scouts and Player Knowledge

17 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Who Flitcroft employed. He had been a "performance analyst" until he came to Vale. He became our head of recruitment in July 2022 after a year of recruitment analysis. Since becoming head of recruitment, he has a terrible record of signing players of the required standard, along with with Flitcroft.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Yes but u missed the part where is said reports directly to Darren Moore who must have the final say. The whole structure needs ripping up and starting again.

14 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

We were fed that line after promotion but after the first season it shouldn’t have hampered us to the extent it has.  Not withstanding overall deficiencies in the first team squad, we’ve basically been crying out for a couple of decent strikers since gaining promotion.  Proctor and Wilson were never going to play enough games for one thing.  If we had 2 forwards capable of scoring say ten goals a piece this current team would be fine, not world beaters but steady enough, simply having that threat takes pressure off the rest of the team.  As it is we’ll still need to sign a couple of forwards to survive in League 2 never mind challenge for an immediate return.

• Like 7

Yes but u missed the part where is said reports directly to Darren Moore who must have the final say. The whole structure needs ripping up and starting again.
Is Darren Moore in control of the Player Budget? The recruitment manager is responsible for the lists of players of the type requested by the Football Director. The performance of the existing staff should be subject to annual/seasonal reviews. Has Darren Moore ever worked at a club without a football/sporting director? To whom in the past, he would have suggested players or positions to be filled.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

36 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

As the season seems to be done, just to pass the time, was thinking about some of the players we've (Flitcroft) signed over the past 2/3 years AND who could/would have played in a 4231 system tomorrow/now. Just for fun (or maybe add to our depression). What about?:

Ripley

Gibbo.     Smith    Hall.       Mitch

Ojo          Pett

Garrity

Massey         Wilson         Politic

Better than what we have????

Just copied this over from oxford thread

Edited by Hoppers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

We’ve just watched an admittedly decent Oxford side make us look like a pub team.  Maybe our DoF can offer some spin as to why Oxford players were individually so far ahead of ours it was embarrassing.

We've looked like a pub team for months. We have nothing about us. We'd struggle to beat Tunstall Town. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, pvfc1994 said:

We've looked like a pub team for months. We have nothing about us. We'd struggle to beat Tunstall Town. 

BBC stats show that we had only 44% possession and not ONE SINGLE shot on target--sums up our inadequacy completely!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

BBC stats show that we had only 44% possession and not ONE SINGLE shot on target--sums up our inadequacy completely!
Correct. I remember when teams had to battle to leave this ground with all the points. We have now lost 11 league games at home. That is absolutely shocking and if Carol refuses to sack Flitcroft then I truly despair of where this club is heading.

Sent from my CPH2195 using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 4