onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

4 minutes ago, Vtid said:

It’s the amount of time it would even take him to get upto speed mate. It’s just not worth it & unfortunately one thing we don’t have is time. 

Exactly. Uche came to us having not played this season (which will be the case for the likes of Madine), The club said Uche had done a great job in keeping himself in shape, but even so it was 17 days before he was fit enough to even come on as a sub and five weeks before he managed 90 mins.

If you think that's the timescale for a pretty fit Ikpeazu to reach match levels then what are the time scales for someone who has been recovering from injury and won't be at similar fitness levels when they join. It could be a couple of months till they can play any part.

Advert

6 minutes ago, Packmoor Valiant said:

Good point but a match fit Gayle available for the start of next season would be worth considering

I think Gayle comes in pretty fit straight away, he’s been training & playing here & there all season. Also offers a lot more but that includes his wages 😆

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

With regards to Uche. It's only been 3 weeks since his injury. Given the length of time Plant has missed with the same injury are we even likely to get more than 5 games out of him ? 

Be suprised see big Uche in a Vale shirt again mate. Which is a shame we all know his strengths but his entertainment is worth paying for Alone 😂 be close to end of season probably when he’s back hope we do 👍🏻 

54 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Take a look at Jack Clarke and that Philogene at Hull. Both abysmal at Stoke.

Was reading an article where both were rated in the top 5 Championship players.

Stoke are a graveyard for players and managers. 

Gayle was a disaster at Stoke. One on a huge list. 

Indeed, I’ve said with them for a while now that they can appoint whoever they like or sign whoever they like the time to worry about them turning things round is if Denise Coates decides to show an actual interest in them rather than leave it to the idiot son. Their current manager is a very good manager but likely won’t succeed there due to the people above him and will be hounded out in about 10 months I reckon to repeat the cycle. Same goes for any number of players like the two you mentioned.

I m a bit surprised by the appointment of Moore. Of course I hope he does well and improves us.

Its a strange fit for me though...complete change of direction for him as we will at best be between 8th and 14th in League 1, with our support I cant see us getting higher than that apart from brief flashes...so whats in it for him ?

Is a mid table finish with a league 1 club going to springboard his career to have him back in demand from championship clubs? I don' see it myself.

Is it money? I'd be amazed if we have made him an offer he cant refuse or if we haven't built get out clauses for both parties along the length of the 5.5 year contract. I also trust the owner hasn't severely limited us from spending money elsewhere in growing the infa structure of the club (much needed in my view) by this appointment. despite our lowly league position there are a lot of good things happening at the club and the double administrations and Smurf era have scarred me for life, hopefully our owner is too switched on to allow that kind of thing to happen again.

For Vale also its a complete change of direction. I hope we continue developing youth / young players  and moving them on for a profit and building up the reputation of the club in terms of playing a possession based game (obviously with more oomph in the final third) and that we don't go and fill the squad with short term journey men on high wages, some of the free agent names I m reading on here fill me with dread. Signing players who we can improve and sell on at a profit has to be the way forward for a smaller club like us.

My expectation of Moore is that he sorts us out to be very hard to beat over the remaining games with the return of Garrity / Uche seeing us to safety via 1 goal wins. i think anyone looking for attacking football will be disappointed.

After that who knows, hopefully next season he can be a bit more open and expansive and think more in terms of setting up to beat teams rather than basing our game on not losing.

Relegation will be a failure on his part, I know we haven't got much up top but Clarke is getting a tune out of Cheltenham with Taylor and Lloyd as a front two. If relegation does happen he wont be here next season in my opinion he will shrug his shoulders and walk away claiming the squad was that bad he couldn't do anything with it to preserve his reputation at least a little bit. I suspect this will be the first cut off point in the contract.

However despite these concerns I m really hoping this goes well for all of us, not least of all for the owner.

Roll on Saturday and lets get the show on the road.

UTV

Clubs usually appoint managers because they are in freefall. Vale have done this for 2 consecutive seasons. Physiologically,dropping into the bottom 4 was a big blow. Moore's first job is to get us out. Then keep us out. 

All this with the top scorer injured,our best ball playing forward very fragile and our next best forward out injured...the defence can't keep a clean sheet and there's little creativity in MF.

I applaud the appointment of Moore but if he keeps us up then it's a fantastic achievement....

Not denying the positivity of the Moore appointment on paper, but it makes me laugh how people are disregarding the Huddersfield spell as if it 'never happened' and that their 'club is a basket case' 

This season has been a disaster for Vale and the standard of football sometimes of a non league level

To be fair to Crosby, he has been made a bit of a scapegoat and I suspect many people on here know it. The Dof hides away yet he is ultimately joint responsible with the owners for not providing Crosby with funds to buy and enhance the squad. 

The Dof won't talk to the fans nor the media. He hides away behind a controversial owner letter. 

It doesn't matter whether we have Moore or Mourinho... Unless there is significant investment in the playing side vale are doomed. 

Now that's what I call a 'basket case'. I will end by saying I really feel sorry for Crosby and hope he gets a good job elsewhere 

Not sure if anyone watched the goals show on Sky last night.

Moore was mentioned. Tim Sherwood said Moore shouldn't of touched us with a bargepole. Gary Rowett said good appointment and understood why he took it. I felt Ainsworth was very coy. Might be me reading him completely wrong but seemed a bit peeved when asked if he had an interview and replied No. Probably just me but my interpretation was he would of been interested. 

All irrelevant now of course. 

22 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Not sure if anyone watched the goals show on Sky last night.

Moore was mentioned. Tim Sherwood said Moore shouldn't of touched us with a bargepole. Gary Rowett said good appointment and understood why he took it. I felt Ainsworth was very coy. Might be me reading him completely wrong but seemed a bit peeved when asked if he had an interview and replied No. Probably just me but my interpretation was he would of been interested. 

All irrelevant now of course. 

Yes - Ainsworth's reaction was interesting, implying we rebuffed an application from him or we didn't go after him. Tim Sherwood (as he admitted himself tbf) isn't in the best position to judge. Rowett was the most clued up about us, unsurprisingly.

4 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

Darren why did Sherwood say he shouldn't touch us with a barge pole? Any reasoning for it mate

No he didn't elaborate really. Just said he should of steered clear.

These pundits are all wise owls aren't they.

Have to cringe when I hear Michael Brown at for example The Bernabeu as Co- commentator on Radio 5. 

Arguably one of our worst managers ever, now an expert living it up. 

Sherwood didn't really say why he held those views .

Archived