onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Advert

Steve Evans for me it's absolutely remarkable what he is achieving on very small gates .

Stevenage are beating everyone .

Then Eustace then Ainsworth .

Any of them 3 changed me mind on Barton ,we would have no female support in the ground ,that lady who was half cut last home game made my day .

She could not find her huge family and was. In the wrong section .

Delightful 

UTV 

Just now, Devine intervention said:

Steve Evans for me it's absolutely remarkable what he is achieving on very small gates .

Any of them 3 changed me mind on Barton we would have no female support un the ground ,that lady who was half cut last home game made my day 

UTV 

Well yes, I’d love Evans but for some reason, despite the small gates, he is backed by owners who can still afford some very interesting signings. Can’t see him working well under Flitcroft. 

2 hours ago, MBE said:

What I find bizarre from yesterday is Crosby actually took the training then left the club in the afternoon. Very strange circumstances. That tells me it wasn't in the plan to remove Crosby in the morning so what changed?

Carol should make Flitcroft to be on the touchline and manage this team in the interim period.He needs to prove this squad of players he put together is good enough for this league and Crosby was the only problem.

The timing is bizarre. Perhaps the decision was contingent on the Fleetwood result and such an appalling defeat was the last straw. And perhaps the timing was deliberate, coming after the window and providing the club with the perfect alibi to avoid any additional spending. I suspect both.

Let me contrast this with events here in Cambridge where Bonner was dismissed on 29 November and Harris appointed just a week or so later on 6 December, giving him time to judge the squad and line up some transfer targets: notably two experienced forwards in Lyle Taylor (3 goals and one assist in his first four games) and Macauley Bonne on loan from Ipswich. This is on top of the forwards they recruited in the summer to replace Knibbs and Smith, forwards who have gone on to score 24 goals in 88 games between them, excluding Taylor.

This strikes me as a well run club and one that manages to do all this on smaller attendances than the Vale, perhaps an object lesson for our owners, Board and top management.

11 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Well yes, I’d love Evans but for some reason, despite the small gates, he is backed by owners who can still afford some very interesting signings. Can’t see him working well under Flitcroft. 

Logically can you see Evans dropping a potential championship team for a potential league 2 outfit ?

15 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Any of them 3 changed me mind on Barton ,we would have no female support in the ground ,that lady who was half cut last home game made my day .

She could not find her huge family and was. In the wrong section .

Delightful 

UTV 

Anyone else think that story was heading down a different path at that point?

Can’t see Evans as an option. Has a chance to get into the Championship with Stevenage so won’t pass that up. Eustace I just think his sights are set higher than us I’m afraid, he was a finalist for the Plymouth job recently.

Its going to be someone happy to work under Flitcroft. Don’t think it’ll be an old-school manager type as that would make Flitcroft redundant and let’s be honest turkeys don’t vote for Christmas.

2 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Evans is a pig of a man. Don't care if he's as good as Guardiola, don't want him. Nor do I want Ainsworth (hair). 

Out of curiosity who do you want? 

The more I think about it the more I want Duff. He’s a little bit prickly no nonsense type of character and his teams play  352.

I remember him bollocking a Barnsley defender last season at Vale Park for clearing the ball into touch. He wanted it to clear the stands so the team could get back into position.

Its that kind of character I think we need to light a fire under these players.

1 hour ago, MBE said:

It’s not a corporate decision.

There’s Flitcroft and the owner. That’s it. 
Simple decision, do you back him to turn it around or not? 

This is a business. It has to be done properly. It is absolutely not just those two at all. They will need to involve legal and financial advisors at least. They will also need time to prepare a media statement and this most likely requires advice. Plus this happened on Monday. Need to let those involved in the decisions and those supporting the decisions to return to work. Plus the most important interested external partners should not be surprised. They must be told - main sponsor. 

1 minute ago, Warren said:

This is a business. It has to be done properly. It is absolutely not just those two at all. They will need to involve legal and financial advisors at least. 

No they don’t need to consult legal and financial advisers to sack the manager.

You mistake a football club with the corporate world. The contracts are very different.

Archived