onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

1 minute ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

Exactly this,... I think. Unfortunately I suspect Dunn will be given the interim managers job till the end of the season.... and should he make anything like a decent fist of it, will be the next cheap option manager.

If he were to make a decent fist of it, then I wouldn’t be against him being appointed next season because sticking with what we had  we were going down.

Advert

"Do you know what ? I'm going to go against popular opinion and say right Flickers you get one more chance, your very last chance."   (BJ)

....You're a better man than me then, Brian.  To me, he's already outstayed his welcome by many months.

41 minutes ago, robf said:

I'm not sure.... Flitcroft brought in Clark a week after he was appointed DOF so it may actually be quite a quick appointment. 

I don't see Ainsworth coming though. I just can't see the Vale completing changing style and I can't see Ainsworth wanting to work under a DoF. 

I do hope this gets sorted quick, so some stability can be brought into the playing side of things and we start getting the points needed to secure 1st Div footy.

8 minutes ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

"Do you know what ? I'm going to go against popular opinion and say right Flickers you get one more chance, your very last chance."   (BJ)

....You're a better man than me then, Brian.  To me, he's already outstayed his welcome by many months.

He's got to pull something big out of the bag though for me to give him that chance

14 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Williamson at MK Dons would be good from a style of play perspective, but only hired in October.

Chris Hughton would be a wildcard appointment. Just sacked by Ghana. Might fancy a route back into UK football.

Williamson is from Hanley and is a Vale fan, isn't he? (not suggesting it should be him though)

Didn't realise that Hughton had left his international job. He's done a decent job at a few clubs.

24 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Dean Holden gone to join Stevie G in Saudi so he will be currently earning an absolute fortune, thank god

Didn’t know that. Small mercies.

Left field shout but Tommy Widdrington has done an incredible job at Aldershot - taken them from relegation battle to playoff candidates in a year, brought a lad in for peanuts and sold him for £250k and had a decent cup run. They’ve also got a couple of other youngsters that I would expect will go for decent fees in the summer.

People say Carol is being hoodwinked by DF, why? Surely she can call upon Rudgies knowledge and experience to judge whether DF is failing. JR has vastly more experience and success than DF can ever wish for.

Time for some transparency from DF or the Shanahans over who is calling the shots. I understand everything on the field of play was DF’s responsibility, so why is he still there.

5 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Here goes for out of the box thinking.  Fat boy Evans. He would get the players playing and not messing around like they have been doing.

Wasn't Carol getting chatty with him a few weeks ago.  

Can't stand the bloke. But I respect his ability to get players playing!

I’m thinking we are going to stay with a coach. We are so nice with a squad full of kids expect us to be looking at England U21’s U19’s & U18!s coaches for our next appointment.

Issue with a manager, not so much with players, although still can be, is family. If you are settled in an area it can be a huge task to move. That will limit who we get, because they may only get until the season end, so we may go down the caretaker route. Otherwise we need to give a decent contract to entice anyone , unless they are local. 

A decent manager will want a good contract to relocate and stay for a few years, it will not be cheap.

Archived