onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - 20th Feb

geoff1

7 minutes ago, Vtid said:

We all know ability wise he’s not good enough. But who else do we play 😂 we don’t have any other options, James Wilson isn’t good enough either & Baylee dipepa! And big Uche, none of them are good enough they haven’t scored more than 5 goals between them all season. It’s atrocious, I said beginning of the season our strike force won’t bag 10 between them all season. I didn’t actually think it would happen! I knew they wouldn’t score many but 5 between the 4 of them is pathetic. If loft didn’t play Wilson would have & he doesn’t score enough goals even if he is more talented. Only other option is garrity up top but he didn’t even look fit he looks way off still after his injury. What a mess mate 

At this point either stick a centre back up top (ala Peter Swan back in the day) or the DOF pulls his finger out and gets in a free agent. 

• Like 1

Advert

Just now, PVFC FAN said:

I only burn 4000 calories per day

Do you?

No you don't

So chere up and support your team 

(Seriously)

You cheer me up. Raucous laughter at you're buried head in the sand attempts to wind folk up.

And don't start getting personal Ross you know diddly squat about me pal. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

The problem is that the manager at that time had accumulated 96 points with a quality outfit.

We have a dog <ovf censored> squad. Full of kids or utter guff. None who are good enough, apart from the odd 2 or 3.

We have just accumulated 2 points from our last 8 games and 12 points from our last 15.

Dont have a go for mocking your post. They are using their head and have their eyes wide open. 

We can’t defend. We don’t make the opposition keeper make a save, never mind score! We’ve still got to go to Peterborough and Derby and you’re knocking the fans for disagreeing with you?

Good lord.

Youre living in cuckoo land on blind faith. The majority of us can see it for what it is.

Don’t start crying for Flitcroft to go at the end of the season when we’re down.

Blind faith. And “getting behind the lads” ain’t gonna wash and it certainly isn’t gonna save us.

We are garbage and the owner has screwed it up with her blind faith in a DOF who’s position has been untenable for almost a year. 

A week ago everyone was hailing the appointment of Darren Moore as a masterstroke. A week is obviously a long time in football.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Feel marginally more optimistic after that tonight.

Obviously disappointing to lose but we looked far more like a professional football team tonight than we have for a long while imo. Decent structure, played some ok stuff at times and on another day probably take a point but they’ve scored a worldie and then finished us when the game got stretched.

With more time training and playing that system you would hope we improve but we still look short going forward no matter what training ground work we do.

No complaints on the effort levels tonight but the reality is that 4 or 5 just aren’t good enough. That’s not their fault, it is what it is. There is only one man I hold responsible for the mess that we are in.

• Like 5

Football is a cruel game and that loss is irritating and galling to say the least.

Vale played and looked better with the new formation but when you can't score goals it's hard to win football games especially when goals are regularly conceded at the other end.

DM has a hell of a job on his hands to keep us up, next two games are crucial to survival..

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Very simple question  ....

Are you a mard arse who is going to cry and crumble and ensure we will go down?

Or are you going to grow some and vocally support every Vale player on the pitch to get the points we need to stay up?

VTID

I think you’ve addressed that question to the wrong group. Surely you should be asking that to each and every PVFC player.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

He was crap. He’s there as a striker on 3k a week plus.

I can run still at 43. Doesn’t mean I should be a Port Vale number 9.

His miss from the Chislett cross was unforgivable.

If you want someone who can run I’d suggest go to Northwood stadium.

Come on. It’s not hard to see he’s absolutely utter garbage, robbing a living and isn’t the answer to get us goals with 15 games to go.

I never said he was good. I am just pointing out that he showed a bit of grit and determination, a willingness to get on the ball and cause a bit of bother.

As much as I love Willo, he’s been absolutely woeful lately. Then you’ve got the likes of Grant, Massey & Ojo just strolling around the pitch with no care in the world. 

Just look at Cheltenham. You could argue, on paper, they have a worse squad than ours with not as many “better” individuals, but they make that up in hard work and desire. 

My point stands, Loft looks arsed and that is more than most of that squad currently. 

• Like 4

Just now, PVFC FAN said:

Put @darren1810 up there

To be fair mate you need to pipe the <ovf censored> down.

Because I’ve seen enough on this site over almost 20 years, to know that if you are an employee of the club, (which is what’s being said) you’ll get found out and hounded out.

So shush the <ovf censored> up.

Take the advice.

• Like 3

Fans can see the issues in our club. It's gutting that Carol (no doubt trying to show leadership) put out her patronising Open Letter that has infuriated many supporters.

Carol, please don't Bury your head in the sand. Wake up and see what supporters can see and do something about it! We need a united fan base for the future prospects of our club! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

At this point either stick a centre back up top (ala Peter Swan back in the day) or the DOF pulls his finger out and gets in a free agent. 

Madness we haven’t brought a free agent in! 

• Like 2