onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - 20th Feb

geoff1

Advert

The worst thing for me is could not be bothered to watch on I-Follow or listen on radio and when I saw that we were 2 nil down did not feel anything, I should be feeling anger, hate losing but all the fight for the club has gone from me at this moment in time.  I resigned myself to going down the moment the transfer window shut, that was when I knew we had given up.  

The worry for me is this squad is going to be fighting in league 2 for survival, from this bunch of wasters, I would only keep Ripley, Debrah, Plant, Chislett Ojo and Garrity, beyond that I am struggling and there is no way Chissy or Garrity are staying.

Edited by valefan79

Just now, Brian Johnson said:

Most of them are still under contract for next season. So, we are are going to be a little bit stuck

There's 4 OOC (all to go) and 5 others who have a year left that I'd try very hard to get gone.

7 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Player wise tonight.

Tom Sang. Jason Lowe. Ryan Loft. All take a long look at yourself in the mirror. And ask yourself, are you a professional footballer.

Loft is awful. Just keep him off the park. He isn’t going to get us any goals to keep us up so as a supposed striker we are carrying him.

Lowe is garbage as a midfielder. Just go to Moore and say “gaffer my legs have gone.

Sang ain’t much better. Stick him at right back. He’s crap. Stick him at wing back. He’s crap. Nowhere else to go for him. He’s just crap.

May as well put Lowe at right back going forward. He’s the best of a bad bunch. Garrity up top. And then put Mr Blobby in the middle of the park if he’s still about, over Lowe.

Honestly. I mean….. What an absolute <ovf censored> mess Carol has got us in!! 

I’m going to hold my hands up, as I was wrong to criticise a certain player on Saturday - I targeted Ryan Loft, and used him as an easy scapegoat to vent my frustration. He ran his bloody socks off tonight and actually looked arsed. He’s evidently no where near League One standard but at least he’s putting up a fight. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, pvfc1994 said:

I can't wait to see the 'open letter' Carol and our sweet Dave come up with when our relegation is confirmed. 

I've never felt more distant from the club. Complete and total apathy all around. We have no identity or plan. We are weak, slow and boring to watch. It feels absolutely soulless. 

That open letter should have been a rallying cry, a kick up the a*se to everybody at the club, Dave included but instead I feel like it's signalling the beginning of the end of Carol's tenure. She's losing a lot of support and very quickly. That letter will come back to bite her. She's losing her legacy. 

no we are bigger stronger faster 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NarberthVale said:

Should have kept Benning Wozza and Pett at least they had a heard for our club !!

Sad thing particularly for Worrall was we were only prepared to offer him a 1 year deal. 

Instead decided to use our money to re-sign Wilson and give Jones 2 years.

Makes you weep. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Portvale4 said:

I’m going to hold my hands up, as I was wrong to criticise a certain player on Saturday - I targeted Ryan Loft, and used him as an easy scapegoat to vent my frustration. He ran his bloody socks off tonight and actually looked arsed. He’s evidently no where near League One standard but at least he’s putting up a fight. 

He was crap. He’s there as a striker on 3k a week plus.

I can run still at 43. Doesn’t mean I should be a Port Vale number 9.

His miss from the Chislett cross was unforgivable.

If you want someone who can run I’d suggest go to Northwood stadium.

Come on. It’s not hard to see he’s absolutely utter garbage, robbing a living and isn’t the answer to get us goals with 15 games to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

With this lot of players.  Jones - injured (no doubt 2 weeks - which then turns into 2 months).

Grant came on and couldn't defend for toffee.

The teams around us have bought players in and doing better than us.

If we keep to 4 at the back formation - then yes we have a chance.

Thats why Plant shoud have been in the squad. Yes mistakes in him but he will put the effort in and try to defend. Grant the worst signing for a long time

• Like 1