onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (A) match thread 3rd Feb

Advert

6 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

It would very, very sad if Carol throws away the memories of Swindon and Wembley through blind loyalty to Dave Flitcroft.

She's on the precipice here. Get it right, and a stand is still named after her family when she sells up. If she gets it wrong, there will be respectful pressure on her to find someone with better decision-making capabilities and at least some money to take us forward.

Genuinely, as I have a lot of time for what she's done, I beg she gets this right. I really can't handle things falling apart this time.

It’s blind loyalty to Crosby too. She told us she’d learnt from waiting so long to sack Askey. Was clearly a load of <ovf censored>.

Just now, CambridgeDon said:

Despite everything, Carol deserves to be defended because she has done so much for this club, particularly in buying out our previous owner.

Now, however, she needs to wake up and face the music: her trust in Flitcroft and Crosby has been utterly misplaced. If she is to save her legacy, the order of business is quite simple:

Find someone to invest in the club 

Sack Flitcroft 

Sack Crosby

And do it NOW before we lose everything you've built up at the club.  

Cambs - agree with you on this.  However, all the family's hard work is now going down the pan and fans are forgetting this.  This is football - it is a punishing thing.  Great when we are winning, but very hard when things start going wrong.

Flickers seems to have hoodwinked her and managed to get a permanent job out of it as well.  Needs to do the DoF thing and move the manager out and get someone else in who has experience and can save the Vale's Div 1 status. 

Flickers should have been looking at out of work managers and making a list - not as if AC hasn't given him time to do this - as results have been going against him for a long time now.  

3 minutes ago, billywhizz said:

No manger coming in can save us,too many awful players

They're not awful players, just awful tactics. If there's no response from the team on Tuesday night I shall be very saddened, and convinced next season will be back in L2.

If Crosby does go and Flitcroft stays, it shows a real lack of thinking in decision-making.

Crosby going is an indictment of Flitcroft. This was his vision, his grand plan. Carol, and myself at times, were sucked into it. Sacking Crosby is an admittance that Flitcroft's decision-making isn't very good, and probably can't be trusted to get the next managerial appointment right.

Crosby going should inevitably lead to Flitcroft going. I'll be very concerned if he doesn't. You can't accept a fundamental component of a plan was wrong, but keep faith in the plan's architect.

It's either both or neither. Got a bad feeling, to cover everyone's backside, it'll be neither.

1 minute ago, JoeB2 said:

If Crosby does go and Flitcroft stays, it shows a real lack of thinking in decision-making.

Crosby going is an indictment of Flitcroft. This was his vision, his grand plan. Carol, and myself at times, were sucked into it. Sacking Crosby is an admittance that Flitcroft's decision-making isn't very good, and probably can't be trusted to get the next managerial appointment right.

Crosby going should inevitably lead to Flitcroft going. I'll be very concerned if he doesn't.

It's either both or neither. Got a bad feeling, to cover everyone's backside, it'll be neither.

It’ll be neither. we’re doomed 

I am OK with Flickers. I don't think we've had a bad window. I do think he has signed up a good enough squad. I do think he has done well with the youth team structures. But Crosby has not worked out. Must replace. 

1 minute ago, Heatwave said:

They're not awful players, just awful tactics. If there's no response from the team on Tuesday night I shall be very saddened, and convinced next season will be back in L2.

The players seem to be going through the motions now and no real fight in them.  Have they finally given up on this possession style football they are having to play?

An experienced manager will get something out of these players.

2 minutes ago, Warren said:

I am OK with Flickers. I don't think we've had a bad window. I do think he has signed up a good enough squad. I do think he has done well with the youth team structures. But Crosby has not worked out. Must replace. 

But he appointed him Warren! Without thinking about interviewing anyone else! 

This is his vision, his plan, him putting himself on the line, and it's failed. If Crosby goes, then Flitcroft has to. There's no faith in him to get the next one right.

Archived