onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (H) match thread - 27th Jan

robf

5 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Hope I’m as nimble on my feet when I’m his age.  The game would have finished by the time  I’d run from the Paddock to the Lorne Street and that’s if I’d been able to cock my leg over the advertising board in the first place.

Advert

1 hour ago, MBE said:

To say the players are not working hard though is wrong. The players did a lot of running to cover ground. It only looks like there’s no fight because our tactics are just to sit in so we just close passing lanes rather than seeing any tackles. This is the Crosby way against any team he doesn’t think we can dominate possession against. We don’t have a physical team anyway to be that chest pumping, in your face, tackle crunching side that looks full of passion. It s not in our new DNA driven by Flicker and Carol’s strategy. Nice club nice players trying to play nice football. It wil get us relegated.

We will be fortunate to stay in L1 without more senior players before end of Jan.

I'm not sure he had a better starting XI available yesterday, and personally I can understand a reluctance to go gung-ho with those players against Pompey - they weren't great but they are top for a reason. 

I agree that what we need more than anything is experience as we are short on leaders on the pitch. I must say I get really fed up of all this fist-pumping between our defenders when they've dealt with a cross or a shot - that's their job! If they must do it, do it after the match if we've had a good result.

I hope Ojo is back for Fleetwood and that Uche isn't as bad as we think.       

48 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

Crosby,Carol and Flitcroft,none of them are up to the job.. what else do they have to do to prove this....a washed out celeb holding a printed sheet up saying President,like he's just won pipe smoker of the Year.... cheap as chips rubbish, sorry,sure your intentions were genuine but please sell up!

Yeah and there’s a queue of multimillionaires lining up down Hamil Road to take over! 🙄 With our supporters reputation for berating any owner we’ve had in the last 25 years, I’d be surprised if there’s anyone out there who be daft enough to take Vale on. 
The recriminations can wait until May as the structure and woof the club won’t change in what’s left of this season. 
I’d suggest fans back the team for the last 20 games and see where we finish. I’ll be there Saturday backing the lads

1 hour ago, Aguar61 said:

Crosby,Carol and Flitcroft,none of them are up to the job.. what else do they have to do to prove this....a washed out celeb holding a printed sheet up saying President,like he's just won pipe smoker of the Year.... cheap as chips rubbish, sorry,sure your intentions were genuine but please sell up!

Sell up to who?  Have you got some names in mind?  If it’s that easy don’t be coy, simply get on your phone and call all those oil sheiks and multi millionaires, but be sure to tell them they’ll have to go to the back of that very large queue of would be owners who are not only minted but also have  Vales best interests at heart.

57 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Yeah and there’s a queue of multimillionaires lining up down Hamil Road to take over! 🙄 With our supporters reputation for berating any owner we’ve had in the last 25 years, I’d be surprised if there’s anyone out there who be daft enough to take Vale on. 
The recriminations can wait until May as the structure and woof the club won’t change in what’s left of this season. 
I’d suggest fans back the team for the last 20 games and see where we finish. I’ll be there Saturday backing the lads

👏👏👏👏UTV

2 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

"Cheap as chips rubbish".

If Carlsberg did irony......

2 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

is there something they put in the water that brings out the stupid in people? 
we were in danger of administration and the end of the club completely and everything that goes with it ? 
if anything YOUR’E the one who’s “ not up to the job” of actually being a Vale supporter - maybe you have forgotten that we actually achieved promotion not long ago, which would not have happened without carol, crosby and flitcroft. we were on the verge of going out of business because of Smurthwaite or at best going into administration which would almost certainly have seen us drop out of the league 
go and give your head a wobble - thats if you can find it to begin with !  

13 minutes ago, MagicFlask said:

is there something they put in the water that brings out the stupid in people? 
we were in danger of administration and the end of the club completely and everything that goes with it ? 
if anything YOUR’E the one who’s “ not up to the job” of actually being a Vale supporter - maybe you have forgotten that we actually achieved promotion not long ago, which would not have happened without carol, crosby and flitcroft. we were on the verge of going out of business because of Smurthwaite or at best going into administration which would almost certainly have seen us drop out of the league 
go and give your head a wobble - thats if you can find it to begin with !  

Live in the past if you want to, ostrich...yes, they did a great job saving the club but they're not doing a great job now get real. And thanks for the history lesson, really didn't know all that😆😛😉

10 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

It's the Crosby way full stop every game he employs the same negative tactics no matter who we are playing , I'm brassed off with it now he's had long enough .# Get him gone  🙏

We weren’t negative against Charlton the other week in the 3-3 game we must had about 30 shots on goal 🙄

14 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

If you want to get charged by the police for using threatening behaviour with intent to cause fear/violence and have a day in court because your football team lost a game, then it says a lot about you mate. I can assure it didn't cross my mind once, as I'm not a caveman. 

A bloke possibly made a mistake. I cannot believe what I am reading. 

So u call me out on my comment regarding frustrations towards the ref that I kept in control of but u ignore me calling u out on a comment towards the club because u we’re not the first to hear about Robbie becoming president 

Last say about Saturday for a club who had supposedly had a new identity and way of playing what was with all the long ball rubbish served on sat .

Surely that way of playing is only good if Uches at it which clearly he wasn't so why did we continue to play that way .

We had hardly any of the ball and when we did have it we gave it away so often it was unbelievably poor .

Noticed none of back 3 were positive on the ball .

It surely was a forgettable game and our next home games on a Tues. 

Big few days for the club if them upstairs were happy with that nothingness dished out on sat and do nothing in remaining transfer window then we in  trouble .

Getting Championship ready was the buzz word being banded around a lot.  Think it should now be amended to Div 2 ready and then out of the league ready with the style of football they are being asked to play. You need players capable of playing this way and they are showing week in week out they can't do it for 98 minutes and mistakes are costing us points.

Yes we have a community based club, the ground is looking better in lots of places, the pitch is miles better.  However, the product on the pitch is well below standard now and another transfer window has not addressed the elephant on the pitch.  But don't worry our Board have a plan for next season and they have promised a striker from abroad.  We have needed a striker for the last 2 years really.

Archived