onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Famous people spotted at Vale matches

Jeffporthill

Eric Morecambe v Luton fa cup, sat near to Parkinson at the 2-6 defeat at Barnsley,  remember Vale fans at Bury singing 'does Rita know you're here' to the disgraced Corrie actor who played Len Fairclough sitting in the stands. 

Advert

I saw Robbie Williams at a pre season friendly at Newcastle Town in 1993 I think it was. After the match he went into a toilet with his bodyguard, a Sentinel photographer put his camera over the top of the cubicle and snapped away. Robbie and said minder burst out and ran off uo a dirt track behind the back of the ground shouting 'You b@tstard'. 

Saw Robbie Williams  in person at the Brentford away game in 2009 and shook his hand when he was buying a “Derek”’. 

The most bizarre one was seeing Michael Barrymore at Gillingham away in the late 2000s. Thankfully he didn’t invite me for a swim. 

Seen plenty of ex players and old big names turn up at grounds. Nothing so much in recent years in terms of being lucky enough to have a chat or anything mind. 

11 hours ago, Gora Vale said:

oh yes, actor Paul Bown, used to be in Watching,  on a supporters coach going to Shrewsbury fa cup match 

He used to sit by me in Lorne Street was fairly regular at one time.

3 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

The Salford owners were in the box next to us when we won there 1-0. Spoke to Scholes who’s an arrogant clueless so and so. 

Scholes is one of the best players I've ever seen play live. Plus his regular appearances on TV reveal his intelligent commentary and experience of the game. He's a private and introverted sort of person who doesn't want to crowd please. Plus talking to away supporters is inherently a bad idea for safety and security reasons. No matter which team they support. eg. Roy Keane got punched in the face recently during his tv work. 

11 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Hollywood Star Vinnie Jones was at Vale Park in the early 90's trying to break into acting. He played the part of a professional footballer for Leeds but was pretty crap.

I can remember Vinnie playing at the vale. The banter he had with the railway paddock during the warmup was brilliant, he could give as much as he took. A great guy.

Archived