onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League one relegation watch

Emile

Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

OK I'm.going to give my views on the relegation candidates .

Carlisle overall step up being too difficult for them shame really as they have good players Relegated 

Burton I think they will drop into bottom 4 Relegated struggle score and on a downward spiral .

Cambridge Utd Very big side struggling greatly Vale should have been out of sight v them till bought 3 subs on .

Possible with us to go down could come down to us or them .

Fleetwood C A has improved them greatly ,score goals have a midfielder who dominated Vale twice Laval .

I think they will stay up .

Cheltenham struggling lately think they will be relegated we should have been 3 -0 up at theres before sitting back and losing game dreadfully .

Charlton I think agent Nathan Jones has got them winning regularly and they be OK. 

Reading be fine they win games .

As for Vale well there very capable but ultimately they have left themselves a mountain as high as mount everest climb .

The glimmer I see is the support and the return of the Uche and the most magnificent of all the things to happen the emergence of Baylee Dipepa, and the confidence RLoft and big balls he as shown doing and playing how he did sat in front of our magnificent away followers and scoring that goal that brings us renewed hope.

Just need J Wilson step up now 

If so that's all our striking options ready bang the goals in keep us up and I think they will with Dipepa scoring v Cambridge and the hamil erupting like a volcano. 

UTV 

Edited by Dipepa delight

Last season Cambridge had 30 points from 37 games

We had 44 from 37

They beat us

They won 5 and drew 1 of their last 9

Ended on 46 points and stayed up

We ended on 49

We are currently on 36 from 38

It is possible....

• Like 1

I think 48 will do it this year, possibly 47. So 3 wins and 2 or 3 draws, or 4 wins. A win on Friday would be massive ahead of away games. If we could sneak a win out of one of Northampton or Wigan, both teams with not much to play for, that would leave us with trying to win 2 of our last 4. Not impossible but our form has to change dramatically.

• Like 1

Obviously all games at the bottom are massive at this stage. 

Fleetwood v Cheltenham this Friday I'd be hoping for a draw 🙏

Ultimately we got take care of our own business but outside help always comes into the equation. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Obviously all games at the bottom are massive at this stage. 

Fleetwood v Cheltenham this Friday I'd be hoping for a draw 🙏

Ultimately we got take care of our own business but outside help always comes into the equation. 

Including Reading in the mix, there are 6 6pointers to be played so their results could well be decisive. Let us hope we can have the final say.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Including Reading in the mix, there are 6 6pointers to be played so their results could well be decisive. Let us hope we can have the final say.

Personally don't see them involved in it myself. We need 7 points just to overhaul them because of our horrendous goal difference .

Be amazed if they are dragged into it.

13 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Personally don't see them involved in it myself. We need 7 points just to overhaul them because of our horrendous goal difference .

Be amazed if they are dragged into it.

Probably now their chances of a further points deduction have decreased, but they have an away game at Burton which may affect us

2 hours ago, sheffield61 said:

Certainly Fleetwood v Cheltenham drawing would be good but that's only so if we beat the Gas.....

It DEFFO take us being two points behind Cambridge on the last day with a win needed to stay up right now.....

I would even take us being 3 points behind knowing any win would keep us up. I am not on this "safe before we play Cambridge" train. I really don't see us winning at Bolton or Peterborough.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

I would even take us being 3 points behind knowing any win would keep us up. I am not on this "safe before we play Cambridge" train. I really don't see us winning at Bolton or Peterborough.

Agreed, sadly we basically need to write off the Bolton and Peterborough games. That of course makes tomorrow's game and that next Monday all the more vital....

1 hour ago, sheffield61 said:

Agreed, sadly we basically need to write off the Bolton and Peterborough games. That of course makes tomorrow's game and that next Monday all the more vital....

That's an absurd position to take. We can't afford to write off any games.

We will probably need points from some unlikely sources to stay up, just as we're likely to miss out in games where people think we "should" get something.

Every game counts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lady Luck and Mr Momentum are hurtling towards one of the bottom 6 sides, we have to make sure we are the team that grabs it. Form, attitude, mentality, nothing else matters now it is purely down to luck and momentum for the next 8 games.

• Like 4