onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - Jan 13th

robf

2 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Yep - EFL have basically said we agree with your protest to remove current owner, and will give you a superficial charge to make it look like we don’t condone your actions.

should have been minimum 3 points immediately - so best they could achieve from it being replayed was to bring them back to zero

Don't upset the happy clappers 🙄

Advert

44 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

and we still would have been <ovf censored>

We defo wdv bn fined did home to Swindon & more recently Wigan. Altho I knew efl wd bottle it & not award us the 3 pts I'm stl fuming. Suspended 3 pts, no fine & a 2nd chance at the 3 pts, bldy marvellous Tkt money is only a portion of the loss - travel, parking, overnight accommodation . Every man & his dog knew in advance that a pitch invasion was going to happen yet stewards, police, reading staff a waste of time 

Absolute disgrace, not only was the day at Reading wasted, I've now got to (along with plenty of others who paid for tickets at the club shop) waste yet more time to go to get my refund.

Not only that, it's yet more fuel unnecessarily wasted costing me even more money.

It's just a joke, one thing I can guarantee :

Had the shoe been on the other foot you can be sure Vale would have been absolutely slaughtered, in fact any League one or two team North of Watford would have been.

51 minutes ago, Properman said:

What is Mark Porter on about? We  are not getting anything, the bloody game was not played, they are not giving us anything. The home fans are better off than us, no travel no parking etc. Dont do no more negotiations, we might end up paying them. 

Agreed.  This is what the EFL rules say:

6.4    In the event that the EFL holds the Match ‘behind closed doors’ or the postponed or abandoned Match is: (i) not re-arranged; or (ii) the Ticket holder is unable to attend the rearranged Match, the Ticket holder will be entitled to a refund of the face value of the Ticket (including any booking fee or related transaction charge and any postage costs). The procedure for obtaining such a refund shall be announced by the EFL and/or the applicable Club(s). 

So why did there need to be any negotiations about refunds?  And why do ALL Vale fans have to faff about getting a refund and buying again if they want to go yet eh home fans can just use their original ticket.  "

• Keep your tickets for new Port Vale date – your ticket will automatically be valid for the rescheduled fixture of 20th February. No action is required if you wish to take this option.

55 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Be interesting to see if they try it again tonight

They won't do it again not a chance they are not going to keep pushing there luck.Vale have been shafted but some people on here were happy there fans invaded the pitch at the time weren't they,  where as I posted there fans should have protested either before or after the match   #  it's called being respectful of opposition fans  .

Yes,it's  a total disgrace,we are being punished when we are the innocent party.All expenditure by Vale supporters tickets,travel accommodation etc should be refunded in full.

The rearranged fixture means Vale have 3 away trips in a week to Posh,Cheltenham and Reading a total of 740 miles with 15 hrs at least on the road,how can't his be fair to Vale. !

1 hour ago, jimbo57 said:

Surely Carol hasn't agreed to this? Or has she just been told this is what will happen?

It's not Carol that's agreed the ticket refunds. Its part of the EFL (not FA) rules that ticket money gets refunded. See Jacko51's post above

2 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Absolute disgrace, not only was the day at Reading wasted, I've now got to (along with plenty of others who paid for tickets at the club shop) waste yet more time to go to get my refund.

Not only that, it's yet more fuel unnecessarily wasted costing me even more money.

It's just a joke, one thing I can guarantee :

Had the shoe been on the other foot you can be sure Vale would have been absolutely slaughtered, in fact any League one or two team North of Watford would have been.

Could be worse.

I live in Reading, walked to the game, bought my ticket on the day and, currently, unless I can get someone to see sense, I have to take my ticket to the Vale Club Shop (a 6 hour round trip) to get my money back.

7 minutes ago, Reading Valiant said:

Could be worse.

I live in Reading, walked to the game, bought my ticket on the day and, currently, unless I can get someone to see sense, I have to take my ticket to the Vale Club Shop (a 6 hour round trip) to get my money back.

If you live in Reading you can just use your ticket for the rearranged game, that’s assuming you are still able to attend the game.

5 minutes ago, Conrad said:

If you live in Reading you can just use your ticket for the rearranged game, that’s assuming you are still able to attend the game.

No I can't. According to the article on the Vale website:

"We are aware that 38 supporters purchased tickets on the day, to receive your refund you will need to bring your proof of purchase (ticket) to the club store from Monday 22nd January 2024 and your refund will be processed immediately."

"Supporters wishing to attend the new date, will have to purchase a new ticket."

Archived