onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - Jan 13th

robf

7 minutes ago, Wozza4England said:

The game needs to be replayed to be fair to all teams in league 1.

The owner needs to be heavily fined for not ensuring the fixture is played as scheduled.

Reading should receive a 20 points reduction to virtually guarantee relegation. This hits the owner as it will significantly reduce the value of the club and it sends a clear message to all fans of the consequences of forcing an abandonment.

All in my most humble opinion of course.

Fair to all teams in league 1 apart from the one which has to travel to Reading again to finish a game you mean? Are all the clubs going to have a whip round to pay our expenses? 😃

Advert

Hi, (Reading fan)

Firstly thank you all for your support on Saturday and continuing.

I don’t think any Reading fan would mind at all if you were awarded the three points for Saturday. A huge points deduction, so be it. Again this is way down the list of concerns. The EFL have already docked us 16 points in the last couple of years despite continued outrage that the owner was not fit for purpose. Tax bills continue to be unpaid, staff worry month after month if they will get their salaries. There is only one thing on that priority list now as nothing else matters at all.

As for making the club worthless, the owner has already done that. The club has huge debts of which a very large proportion of that is owed to him. The land that the club is built on (which he owns) is worth more than the club itself. That’s the reality but the value of the club to the town and the communities is priceless.

7 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Fair to all teams in league 1 apart from the one which has to travel to Reading again to finish a game you mean? Are all the clubs going to have a whip round to pay our expenses? 😃

Oh yeah forgot about that. All Reading fans who entered the field of play should sell their souls to reimburse our fans who travelled and of course PVFC players and staff. Anything else you’d like, want Reading fans to sell their first born into slavery? A promise to never do it again signed in their blood?

I am quite confident some arrangements will be made to compensate club and fans but that’s going to an agreement between the 2 clubs. It is not within the powers of EFL.

I've emailed Reading for a refund of £ 361 for 4 train tickets and 4 match tickets. 

My reasoning is that they inadequately failed to respond or even attempt to prevent the pitch invasion despite all the warnings. Reading fc are responsible for stewarding of the game and liasing with Berkshire Police. 

They sent this reply. But won't answer the phone. 

Screenshot_20240116_094816_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20240116_094808_Gmail.jpg

Think Reading supporters have given 6000 quid to Rudge monument now that's really generous and good of them .

Fair play to all of those folk who generously have given there hard earned to another club .

It's actually very heart warming and shows football how it should be a game to be enjoyed by all .

Hope Reading get him out if he cannot afford to pay the non footballing staff then shouldnt be involved in football .

Its time he went and gave it someone who can .

As seen the effects of it at Vale twice i wouldnt want other clubs go through administration. 

Running a football club is not a money making scheme in fact I should imagine its a very drain your resources job, and unless you have a very rich owner who gets money out of other people's misfortune,misery and bankruptcy then majority of football clubs will eventually cease to exist .

So fair play too the Reading fans  fight I hope they win and come out of it with a football club still to support .

Thanks to the shanahans that's our outcome however if players drop there standards and crowds dwindle we could be back there .

So to me it's always on the players to produce 

They create the attendances as they also create the whether or whether not the club goes forwards not backwards. 

UTV 

17 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Massive respect to the Reading fans for what they have done and thank you to all of those who have accompanied their donation with an apology to the Vale fans who travelled. 

Donations from Reading now in excess of £7k. They have paid for Rudgie’s left leg!!

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I've emailed Reading for a refund of £ 361 for 4 train tickets and 4 match tickets. 

My reasoning is that they inadequately failed to respond or even attempt to prevent the pitch invasion despite all the warnings. Reading fc are responsible for stewarding of the game and liasing with Berkshire Police. 

They sent this reply. But won't answer the phone. 

Screenshot_20240116_094816_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20240116_094808_Gmail.jpg

Reading fan here - rumour is we owe the local police force money so they only provided the legal minimums for the game.

As for the stewarding to be fair there did seem to be more than usual - but I guess the senior ones in charge are employed by the football club, some of them no doubt for a long time are also at risk of losing their jobs in the near future, have not been paid on time numerous times, we all know the law but if I was in their situation I’m not sure I’d be desperately trying to stop fans protesting to save my work place.

I hope the club do right by you and offer you at least refunds on tickets if you can’t make a re-arranged game if there is one. That said we owe our catering company a 6 figure sum so! 

Good luck for rest of season!

1 hour ago, Wozza4England said:

The game needs to be replayed to be fair to all teams in league 1.

The owner needs to be heavily fined for not ensuring the fixture is played as scheduled.

Reading should receive a 20 points reduction to virtually guarantee relegation. This hits the owner as it will significantly reduce the value of the club and it sends a clear message to all fans of the consequences of forcing an abandonment.

All in my most humble opinion of course.

If the game is to be played again, then it sets a precedence that fans can get a game abandoned if they are loosing.  It will be then be replayed and the team may win that game.  But a points deduction and loss of 3 points for that game would more appropriate punishment.  

Just a difficult one as there are arguments for both sides. 

Bet the owner is not even bothered by the fines or the bad press he is getting.  Has he actually paid the previous fines?

1 minute ago, Devine intervention said:

Think Reading supporters have given 6000 quid to Rudge monument now that's really generous and good of them .

Fair play to all of those folk who generously have given there hard earned to another club .

It's actually very heart warming and shows football how it should be a game to be enjoyed by all .

Hope Reading get him out if he cannot afford to pay the non footballing staff then shouldnt be involved in football .

Its time he went and gave it someone who can .

As seen the effects of it at Vale twice i wouldnt want other clubs go through administration. 

Running a football club is not a money making scheme in fact I should imagine its a very drain your resources job, and unless you have a very rich owner who gets money out of other people's misfortune,misery and bankruptcy then majority of football clubs will eventually cease to exist .

So fair play too the Reading fans  fight I hope they win and come out of it with a football club still to support .

Thanks to the shanahans that's our outcome however if players drop there standards and crowds dwindle we could be back there .

So to me it's always on the players to produce 

They create the attendances as they also create the whether or whether not the club goes forwards not backwards. 

UTV 

I find it odd that football clubs just don't live within their means. 

Even the likes of Manchester United are hundreds of millions in debt.

The EFL and Premier league really need to sort this nonsense. 

As much as Bury really saddened me and that guy running them was vermin let's remember they had big names like Leon Clarke and even our own Popey went there for mega wages.

Clubs have chased the dream and then it's gone belly up.

Which is why we shouldn't get too annoyed when Vale won't pay 500 grand for Clarke-Harris etc. 

3 minutes ago, Quart said:

Reading fan here - rumour is we owe the local police force money so they only provided the legal minimums for the game.

As for the stewarding to be fair there did seem to be more than usual - but I guess the senior ones in charge are employed by the football club, some of them no doubt for a long time are also at risk of losing their jobs in the near future, have not been paid on time numerous times, we all know the law but if I was in their situation I’m not sure I’d be desperately trying to stop fans protesting to save my work place.

I hope the club do right by you and offer you at least refunds on tickets if you can’t make a re-arranged game if there is one. That said we owe our catering company a 6 figure sum so! 

Good luck for rest of season!

Good luck on getting rid of the bad owner you have before more damage is done to your club and he has totally asset stripped the club.

We have been there with bad owners and we are lucky to have owners that care for the club and community now.  

10 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

As much as Bury really saddened me and that guy running them was vermin let's remember they had big names like Leon Clarke and even our own Popey went there for mega wages.

Which is why we shouldn't get too annoyed when Vale won't pay 500 grand for Clarke-Harris etc. 

Totally agree live within your means .

I do I bet you do .

Trillions do .

You do not spend what you do not have .

Vale are a good side and what we spent ?

Very little I should imagine .

Chislett worth every penny 

Uche coming good 

Devine tremendous 

Sang great energy 

Lowe cool as a cucumber 

Debrah worth 500k already. 

Garrity worth 2 million of anyone's money .

Vale will grow with these splendid players and Wilson in the home games as being dynamite since back .

What did they cost to my knowledge very little 

UTV 

17 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I think but may be wrong on this the guy who was owner of Bury at the time of their demise took over after the big spending? 

The German model is the way to go but that would be impossible now due to the power of the top clubs here.

Archived