onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carlisle (A) match thread - 1st Jan

robf

One last point on Uche - I thought he did pretty well yesterday until he tried to play football. The ball stuck to him on most occasions and he was able to bring others into play with some nice lay-offs etc. He occupied multiple defenders allowing Wilson and Chislett to find space. The level of derision towards him from some of our fans yesterday was really harsh - I'm not quite sure why they're expecting him to somehow morph into prime R9 every time he gets near the ball.

Advert

34 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

If your intention is only to show your displeasure why don’t you go shopping with the Mrs instead?

Are you just gonna spend your whole time here moaning and groaning at anyone who doesn't want to worship Crosby?

I think once we reach the dizzy heights of league 1 the fan base expect us to be pushing on.
Ratting around in league 2 is just that, ratting around in league two with no real aspirations from the fan base but to get eventually promoted to league 1.
There is no point getting promoted if you just get relegated a season or two later.
So league one brings much higher expectations, sub consciously and consciously.

6 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

I think once we reach the dizzy heights of league 1 the fan base expect us to be pushing on.
Ratting around in league 2 is just that, ratting around in league two with no real aspirations from the fan base but to get eventually promoted to league 1.
There is no point getting promoted if you just get relegated a season or two later.
So league one brings much higher expectations, sub consciously and consciously.

I think we all just want to see a bit of progress season after season. We've made no progress this season other than attracting better calibre loanees. But on the flip side we've gone from having a great and proven lower league manager to someone who was putting out the cones and making the tea this time last year, who keeps making the same mistakes almost week after week.

20 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Are you just gonna spend your whole time here moaning and groaning at anyone who doesn't want to worship Crosby?

Are you going to moan every time we lose?Dont worry the majority will be there on Saturday cheering the lads while **** ers like you will be spreading their bile.Please stay away if you are so pi55ed off.

17 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Are you going to moan every time we lose?Dont worry the majority will be there on Saturday cheering the lads while **** ers like you will be spreading their bile.Please stay away if you are so pi55ed off.

You don't get to tell other what they can and can't do. It might work with people close to you, but it certainly won't for anyone that isn't.

10 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

You don't get to tell other what they can and can't do. It might work with people close to you, but it certainly won't for anyone that isn't.

So you like to go to places which dissapoint you and then tell everyone else about your <ovf censored> experience.Oh well,your choice to go and your choice to be  unhappy.What an exciting person you are.

For me these are the reasons why we lost this game.

1 Crosby negative tactics trying sit back on a 1 nil lead.

2 we have alot of players injured or ill so we're basically fielding alot of reserves and youth team players.

3 we always lose to sides on a poor run that are bottom of the table.

4 we have a terrible record of results on New year's Day matches.

1 hour ago, jjvale_03 said:

One last point on Uche - I thought he did pretty well yesterday until he tried to play football. The ball stuck to him on most occasions and he was able to bring others into play with some nice lay-offs etc. He occupied multiple defenders allowing Wilson and Chislett to find space. The level of derision towards him from some of our fans yesterday was really harsh - I'm not quite sure why they're expecting him to somehow morph into prime R9 every time he gets near the ball.

I thought Uche was excellent yesterday. He won’t score many but he does a lot of dirty work for the side. 

We are a weird football how can you go from the euphoria of a 3 -2 win v Wigan to the pathetic effort 3 days later v Middlesboro then score 3 goals against a Blackpool side and play like that yesterday .

That to me is the concerning thing it says to me we play when we want but if we do not fancy it we ain't going to bother .

However when folk are paying good money watch you you make sure every performance is the same if not better than the next one as folk can easily find other things do on a sat /tues .

Yesterday was unacceptable on so many levels .

I'd be having a clear out today not a day too soon .

If Crosby I'd be ringing DC and asking him take a few of our hands ,I'm.sure he will as he get more of a tune out of some .

I'm.no fan of Conlon but surely he gets game time yesterday ,Cass I like personally frozen out least he gets up the field with positivity , Massey has regressed yet again since missing that chance v Middlesboro he as gone downhill faster than Eddie eagle on his slalom thing he hasn't created a damn thing in recent games in fact his level of performance has being abject at best .

We need a clear out .

If you not up to the job v bottom of the league then to me you shouldn't be in the privileged position of representing our  supporters ,having seen our defeats and general performances lately they go from the sublime to the ridiculous, if I performed like that at work I'd be sacked I keep my standards really high but I'm not in  a position where I have to please thousands of supporters weekly these people are ,and to me they need do a damn sight better gamely than what they are doing lately .

I enjoyed second half v Barnsley we looked a really good side and v Wigan 3 -2 with most fans favourite not selected v Blackpool let's face it we had the run of the ball I watched it could have been so very different if they converted anything which fortunately for us they didn't. 

Yesterday was like watching us again v the likes of Mansfield 4 Vale 0 ,from league 2 archives of total crapness,again it was predictably poor we made Carlisle look and play like a team who were top not bottom, so I'm not bothered if we lose games it's the manner of a defeat what I comment on yesterday was so rubbish yet at one point with Wilson on second half I was thinking just get that second goal, and get out of there with a undeserved victory he subbed him off and it went downhill from there as there were flutters of good play second half but really that  should have being the level abd standard all game not just in 1 minute spells .

UTV 

8 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

We are a weird football how can you go from the euphoria of a 3 -2 win v Wigan to the pathetic effort 3 days later v Middlesboro then score 3 goals against a Blackpool side and play like that yesterday .

That to me is the concerning thing it says to me we play when we want but if we do not fancy it we ain't going to bother .

However when folk are paying good money watch you you make sure every performance is the same if not better than the next one as folk can easily find other things do on a sat /tues .

Yesterday was unacceptable on so many levels .

I'd be having a clear out today not a day too soon .

If Crosby I'd be ringing DC and asking him take a few of our hands ,I'm.sure he will as he get more of a tune out of some .

I'm.no fan of Conlon but surely he gets game time yesterday ,Cass I like personally frozen out least he gets up the field with positivity , Massey has regressed yet again since missing that chance v Middlesboro he as gone downhill faster than Eddie eagle on his slalom thing he hasn't created a damn thing in recent games in fact his level of performance has being abject at best .

We need a clear out .

If you not up to the job v bottom of the league then to me you shouldn't be in the privileged position of representing our  supporters ,having seen our defeats and general performances lately they go from the sublime to the ridiculous, if I performed like that at work I'd be sacked I keep my standards really high but I'm not in  a position where I have to please thousands of supporters weekly these people are ,and to me they need do a damn sight better gamely than what they are doing lately .

I enjoyed second half v Barnsley we looked a really good side and v Wigan 3 -2 with most fans favourite not selected v Blackpool let's face it we had the run of the ball I watched it could have been so very different if they converted anything which fortunately for us they didn't. 

Yesterday was like watching us again v the likes of Mansfield 4 Vale 0 ,from league 2 archives of total crapness,again it was predictably poor we made Carlisle look and play like a team who were top not bottom, so I'm not bothered if we lose games it's the manner of a defeat what I comment on yesterday was so rubbish yet at one point with Wilson on second half I was thinking just get that second goal, and get out of there with a undeserved victory he subbed him off and it went downhill from there as there were flutters of good play second half but really that  should have being the level abd standard all game not just in 1 minute spells .

UTV 

To me it says that we are what our record says we are - a middling team in the division ultimately. Sometimes capable of giving a bloody nose to teams and just as likely to be on the receiving end. It's a pretty mediocre league across the board though so it's not just us.

I personally think Cass could have had a role if nothing else as a more defensive minded wingback than Massey who clearly doesn't fancy that side of the game. If we are going to be thinly stretched in midfield due to injuries then I'm not sure why we are freezing Conlon out either. 

Archived