onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

10 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Me "out in force"??? hahahahahaha!

Somebody's got to try to make you see sense?

Yes - we were awful in the first half...largely due to individual errors - again! But the switches at half time and later almost pulled the game back. We were only a single ref decision, or GK save from a well-earned draw...or were you one of those that disappeared with half a game to go, so didn't see it? 

I don't understand a "fan" giving so little credit to his team for almost bringing the game back against a good team, with superb away form and in a high position in the League? But, please - keep taking the piss out of "your" team...it says more about you than it does about me!

This "fan" is a season ticket holder of 35 years mate.  I'd hope you'd respect that.

Where have I taken the piss and which part of my post were inaccurate?

This isn't simply about today.  If it was a blip, I'd have come away thinking it was one of those days.

How many games have we won in the last 12 months?

Why do you think Andy Crosby is a decent manager and should be managing Port Vale?

Advert

21 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Why would he be so great? Oldham / Barrow? Not exactly setting the world on fire? And, if he wouldn't come to the Vale, there isn't much touting him as a potential?

Doing a very good job at Barrow. One of the favourites to go down, team playing well, no way near going down with a much smaller budget than nearly all the other teams in the division. Great prospect.

30 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Why would he be so great? Oldham / Barrow? Not exactly setting the world on fire? And, if he wouldn't come to the Vale, there isn't much touting him as a potential?

You're absolutely right. We should stick to what we know. 10 points out of the last 45, P15 W2 is brilliant.

It will never work out for Crosby because he has one way of playing and we don't have the players, or budget, for that. It will work now and again but we need somebody who is flexible. He puts out the same formation playing the same way game after game. Including when we are playing considerably better teams than ourselves, such as Middlesbrough. People don't need to mention that he's a nice guy, blah blah. We're not criticising him as a human being. Nobody has ever said he's a terrible person. Or that he doesn't give his all and work hard. But what he is, is a rookie manager learning on the job in a league that's too much for him and at a club that he doesn't really deserve to be managing, based on the fact that he was a number 2 previously. He won all of 1 of his 4 temporary games in charge and was given the job by Carol because he was cheap, easy and already mates with people within the club.

It's really time to thank him for all of his hard work, fondly welcome him back as a visitor and bring in a genuine manager that has, you know, managed before.

You're absolutely right. We should stick to what we know. 10 points out of the last 45, P15 W2 is brilliant.
Barrow we're near top of the league yesterday aswell, still could be 2nd if they win there game in hand. With one of the lowest budgets in the league.

Still, no trees pulled up

33 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Are you for real, won 4 of his 9 games in charge at Oldham, left for personal reasons, did a very good job on a small budget at Halifax and not setting the world on fire?, Barrow have a bottom 6 budget and got them 3rd in the league up against massive budgets in Wrexham, Mansfield, Notts County and Stockport.  Everyone can see Crosby is out of his depth, we should be actively looking at managers now and do what Forest have done and have a replacement lined up.

Turned his post match interview off again after about 15 seconds this time round! Somehow they get worse 😂 he is so boring & dull it's cringeworthy. Also i don't even think he's a nice guy like some suggest he is arrogant & dismissive. Just like clarke, i don't exactly like Clarke as a person but he can back up what he says most of the time & is a proven manager. 

12 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Stoke 3 up after sacking there failing manager. Cheltenham flying after hiring the messiah.

We stick with an abject failure because he's a really nice guy.

Stoke also drew 0-0 at home and should be on paper in the top 3 … we are about where we should be in the league .. like it or lump it 

Archived