onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

Advert

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

Never ever sack a manager as the next one isn’t available within 30 seconds.

Truly crackers thinking. In your world, managers can never lose their job.

You appoint the best possible manager. Crosby isn’t it. Why settle for subpar coaching just because the replacement might take a week?

We might actually run an interview process this time…

Reductio ad absurdum. Oh dear. I'll ignore the implication of something I did't write, and possible sense of humour bypass.

Basically, if we get rid of a player I'd like to see someone better already lined up. Unless he really is surplus to requirements, or so massively temporarily overvalued that we can't refuse to cash in.

I don't think having a manager is surplus to requirements. I've no idea who Wild or Duff are, except that the latter has just been sacked i.e. failed.

Are they good? Why? Have we spoken to them? Do they want to join Port Vale now? Is there anyone else suitable? How do you know?

For clarity, this is tongue in cheek. A lot of anti Crosby posters just seem so extreme and absurdly confident in their extremity. I wish I had their crystal balls. (Single entendre intended.)

4 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

If we win our game in hand we go 13th.

Disregarding context ie /losing run/crap manager + dof/clueless owner etc I'd say that's not too bad an end of season position. 

Not saying I'm happy as we are watching the kind of dross iv not seen in many a season - but 13th half way through - not too bad (on the face of it) 😀

We are not 13th though, so its pointless stating that.

Glad that you think its dross though like most people

1 minute ago, SJD said:

First went my first Vale game 1965 and been going regularly since then, season ticket holder for nearly 20 years. Started taking my daughters and now my grandchildren. Always been a “non-booer” and didn’t today as we left when the third goal was stroked into our net. Finally decided that enough is enough with this so-called “managerial set up”, it’s destroying my club as I Knew it. If AC & DF are still there at the end of the season then my season ticket will not be renewed and it will be a match by match attendance and I don’t say this without a heavy heart.

Thank God for this post. 52 years for me and have seen it all !

I was shooting from the hip at half time when I started this thread and was angry however having had a few hours to think things over I believe it was the right call.

Crosby did brilliant in helping us over the line in our promotion season but can count himself the luckiest manager ever to be handed his first top role in management in League One !!  

IF we don't make a change soon all the great work the owners have done will start to crumble.

My biggest issue is why have a mediocre club in the third tier of English football got a Director of Football?

6 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

We are not 13th though, so its pointless stating that.

Glad that you think its dross though like most peopl

🤣🤣🤣 Knew ud be first to bite BJ 🤣🤣🤣😍😍😍 

Glad u are amenable to the dross comment 😍😍😍😍🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍

Dour, negative, tippy-tappy “you shoot….” “no, you shoot” nonsense until a) it’s the second half and b) we’re losing (both must apply or we will continue with the same misery)… by which time it’s too late. 

Imagine how much differently today would’ve gone if we had started the match with the same players and urgency we had in the second half. But instead we gifted them three goals before we even made a whimper

If Andy Crosby remains in charge then supporters will vote with their feet. Carol has done a great job but she now needs to act otherwise a lot of the hard work she has done will be thrown away because of what is happening on the pitch. She is a supporter at heart, she needs to be honest with herself, if she was on the terraces would she really be happy with what she is seeing on the pitch.

Archived