onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stevenage (H) FAC2R Match thread 12th Dec

Advert

14 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Vtid, I can only presume that this week plans were made should the game go to penalties and practised then in training, probably the reason for bringing Loft on as a sub.

i'm not calling loft out for once, he did well when he come on. Penalties are a lottery which it should never have got to that point in the first place! Hopefully he gets a bit of confidence now & can pick his game up a bit 🙏🏻 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

It was never going to work out. 

DC had to come back early from his leave because we were <ovf censored> up getting into the play offs that season.

AC then had those games in charge at the end of last season and it was rubbish.

The signs have always been their that this appointment was never going to work.

We blew our brains out during the Jan transfer window last season. I don't know exactly who was responsible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian Johnson said:

Phil Sherwin confirmed that last nights attendance is the lowest attendance for an FA Cup game at Vale Park.

That's 2 x records broken now.

Lowest FA Cup attendance at Vale Park

Biggest opening day loss for over 60 years

Keep breaking them records

Maybe Carol will do something if fans stop going after the Boro game 🤷🏼‍♂️ let's hope so! The attendance on Saturday will be interesting 

2 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Phil Sherwin confirmed that last nights attendance is the lowest attendance for an FA Cup game at Vale Park.

I couldn't get to the short notice Tuesday night game. I expect that logistical challenge cost a thousand fans. But I get your point of course. 

15 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

30 mins away from the longest goal drought run as well. It's laughable 

Edited by Vtid

26 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

I'll probably get pelters for this but I feel like fan culture nowadays only allows people to be 'overjoyed with happiness' or in 'the depths of despair'.

Quite often recently I've felt that we've all been overreacting, but losing from 2-0 up and then from 3-2 is very very poor.

I do buy into the idea of trying to play possession based football and the reasons for it:

- Teams playing possession football more likely to be promoted

- Allows us to develop technical youth players with higher sale value

- Enabled us to attract Premier league youth players on loan.

However it has kind have been sold to us that Andy Crosby is required to run that. I have no doubt that he is a good coach, but I think we are seeing he doesn't yet have the 'in game' management that comes with more experience. How often when we had DC in his pomp would you see him flip a game on its head (often preemptively). In fairness to AC the injury crisis hasn't given him much to play with on the bench.

If we are stuck to our model are we not better off hiring high potential 'flowing football' managers with a bit more experience. If they succeed and get poached it means we have had a good season. I know we'd draw from a pool of lower league managers but the type of thing Swansea used to do where each manager fitted and developed on a consistent style of play.

A final point in defence of AC, but subs last night did feel very much in line with the number of games we have this month. I am gutted about losing out on the cup money but if it helps us get a win against Wigan is it wrong?

Hitcher possession football is great if the players have the ability to play it, we’re a L2 team, who don’t have the ability. It’s just a passing game with no penetration. There are no players running into space off the ball going forward. Barca started it with their midfield of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi, probably only one of a few clubs that could play the passer by possession game because all three and other team mates would make runs and score. Someone on this site stated months ago that teams in the leagues were all trying to play this style. Let’s play to our strengths, capabilities, know the strengths and weaknesses of our opponents and stop them playing. We also need some pace in the team. Not including loan players who has a right to be in our team other than Garrity,Ojo and Ripley.? A sad indictment of our signings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Playa Amodores said:

Hitcher possession football is great if the players have the ability to play it, we’re a L2 team, who don’t have the ability. It’s just a passing game with no penetration. There are no players running into space off the ball going forward. Barca started it with their midfield of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi, probably only one of a few clubs that could play the passer by possession game because all three and other team mates would make runs and score. Someone on this site stated months ago that teams in the leagues were all trying to play this style. Let’s play to our strengths, capabilities, know the strengths and weaknesses of our opponents and stop them playing. We also need some pace in the team. Not including loan players who has a right to be in our team other than Garrity,Ojo and Ripley.? A sad indictment of our signings.

Sangs coming on albeit his corners are a joke & chizzys form beginning of the season but he's gone way off the boil

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Emile said:

We also are through to the QF for the first time in history I believe - just for balance.

True which is a great achievement but there's so much more negatives than positives. means nothing if we get relegated 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Conrad said:

On a lighter note, it was funny when the Stevenage keeper went to face the first pen and Ripley lobbed his drinks bottle into the stand.

Proper shi*house! Been a great signing to be fair 

Edited by Vtid