onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burton A (H&A) FAC R1 match thread 4th & 14th Nov

Fosse69

Advert

Big game tomoz .

Momentum .

It was a super performance the other night so I'd expect a very upbeat team in terms of moral and confidence to take to the field .

I haven't bought me ticket yet but probably will do .

Leaving it till last minute as working tonight probably get it on the day .

Let's hope we are the team to progress .

Team well it picks itself was reading sports mole today they  say its the same team bar lofty for Uche .

Cannot say I liked there prediction .

Let's just say it better not come true 

I'd say hope sports mole are wrong there's no reason whatsoever for Uche not to lead the line in fact if we want to gain momentum in the game I feel we need Uche to perform as surely he is going net very soon .

I felt we played well enough to beat Burton last time but it was our defending in midfield and defending at the back that lost us the game. Looking at the last two games at home we have shot ourselves in the foot. I have thought about using worse descriptors and restrained myself. I think we supporters are all on the same page in believing this game is extremely important in not only advancing in the cup but stopping the rot at Vale Park. We must be successful in home games and need to start today. 

I think we supporters are all on the same page in believing this game is extremely important in not only advancing in the cup but stopping the rot at Vale.

Spot on folk do not come home games see the opposition win ,never fails to not happen,with there pozy followings yet 3 of the last four home games 198 cheltenham supporters gone home Happy very few Burton followers and very few Peterboro followers although those who do come,that's appreciated  we thank them for coming .

it's a bit of a worry when you cannot win your home games that generally means we  struggle play in front of your home supporters and when you think we have  6500 odd season ticket holders (paying ones including corporate )you would expect us win more than lose .

Not that the size of your support should win you games but if the opposition players with 198 followers can get themselves up more than the 6000 odd home supports players then as a supporter I'm asking whys that?

So defo need to stop the rot today for sure .

Will they who knows 

12 hours ago, Smallthorne clampet said:

Agreed - sack all the sports scientists , if professional footballers cant play 3 hours in a week its time to take me ball home !  

Garrity and Arblaster have been our 2 most energetic performers for most of the season and both clearly benefited from sitting out last Saturday.  Personally I'd have preferred us to have the extra 3 points but I understand why many fans and the manager prioritised Mansfield.  3 points at home to Cheltenham won't be remembered in 2 years time, I'll remember a quarter final of a major cup for the rest of my life. If they'd started last Saturday it would have been 3 games in 8 days. 

I don't think he'll make many changes today. 3 of the players who did look a little tired have had a game off last week (Chislett was also starting to look a little off where he had been) and there will be wholesale changes on Tuesday.  I think Loft might start as Uche was out on his feet when he came off. Chislett might be on the bench as the 3 in midfield played so well on Tuesday. Debrah should be able to start, provided the cut wasn't too deep. I'd expect a very experimental side at Wrexham. 

2 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

The Mansfield game should give us huge confidence with the way we played. Replicate that and there won't be a problem.

Vale (negative and players out of position) 0- Burton 3,

Vale (going for it with non tippy tappy crap) 4 Burton 0.

Att: 5,134

My version of this is the ball must go forward from the wing backs and not 100% of the time back to the central defenders. For that the front players need to good positions and the target man forward must also show. Playing more directly is not the keeper booting it long time and again. Even though Wimbledon were a so called long ball team they actually had good players and that organisation which we lacked last Saturday. They had a model of play which was purposeful. 

Enjoy the game fellow Valiants woke up really poorly so giving it a miss today was really looking forwards to it but not to be no point making illness worse in this dire weather. 

Good luck Vale hope the attendance is decent and more importantly hope we take tues nights performance and repeat it today but with more goal scoring chances created and buried .

Archived