onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The case for Andy Crosby

smithie

1 hour ago, Hot Rat said:

This is just one of a number of massive over-reactions to one poor performance. Smithie made some very good points and as another poster has stated, if you have counter arguments they should be presented, not derision.

Would some of the reactions have been so vocal if we had been given the clear penalty and won at Stevenage or had the penalty awarded for Garrety being tripped against Peterborough? Granted opportunities in front of goal haven't been taken and our play needs to be more incisive but performances haven't been that poor just the dire absence of goals. 

Performances have been toss for a while. We're toothless up front and dodgy at the back. If you're impressed that we keep the ball with pointless possession that gets absolutely nowhere then you're entitled to to be so, and I'm entitled to think it's rubbish. Let's see how you feel in a week's time when we're out of both Cup competitions, and as usual, have barely mustered a few shots on target.

Advert

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Would you sack an inexperienced manager who was relegated in his first season?

Would you sack a manager who won no league  games out of 13 getting 4 points out of 39?

Would you sack a manager who went on a run of 17 league games without a win getting  7 points out of 51?

Rudgie did all of those and far from sacking him, we're building a bloody statue to him.  

Patience is a virtue but not, it seems, in this age of social media.  If things continue to decline we may need to make a decision but for heaven's sake, take a chill pill.

You've just gone back to Stonehenge for crying out loud.

No real point getting rid atm imo. Things haven't been great but it's such fine margins for us,penalties not given, injuries blah blah blah and we all know the issues
I expect a battling display tomorrow night as our confidence is shot to peices and boy do we need a win. Will it happen? Who knows, but I won't boo them or slag them off. This is nowhere we haven't been before as Vale. It's what we do, year after year
Andys got till Christmas for me
UTV

I also think many of the players that have come in have been totally duff aside from Ripley, Arblaster and Devine,  this season with the latter two loans.  That’s Flitcroft. Who has been here long enough with a huge track record of backing awful buys. The lack of summer strikers was an obvious balls up that if he isn’t responsible for…who is? Then we get Ryan Loft who if he had got released by Rovers would probably struggle to get League 2 games. 

Sang? League 2 player. Mitch Clarke? League 2

Lacovitti? Failed league 2 player  James Wilson? A good league 2 player, never really convinced in league 1, but crocked..but let’s give him money to get free medical care until January..

As I said at the start of the season, either the budget was cut badly by Carol or we are getting ripped off 

38 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Its a different world and a different game to over 40 years ago

Yeah - pre-internet, if you had a point to make you'd have to make the effort to write to The Green Un or call Radio Stoke. Now it's so easy to spout bile without even leaving your armchair. 

I'm confident CS is wise enough to take it for the irrelevance that it is with regard to someone's employment. A prolonged spell of bad performances and/or several defeats on the bounce, coupled with persistent unrest from fans IN THE GROUND are the usual signal for dismissals - and I don't believe that has changed, thankfully.      

2 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

No real point getting rid atm imo. Things haven't been great but it's such fine margins for us,penalties not given, injuries blah blah blah and we all know the issues
I expect a battling display tomorrow night as our confidence is shot to peices and boy do we need a win. Will it happen? Who knows, but I won't boo them or slag them off. This is nowhere we haven't been before as Vale. It's what we do, year after year emoji23.png
Andys got till Christmas emoji1762.png for me emoji123.png
UTV

I am sorry but I have been to every March this season and the tactics Crosby uses are not understood by the players or the fans and Saturday was a measure of this and the boos were indicative of that and that cannot continue; in my view he has got at most two matches; tomorrow night and Saturday and I can’t see him turning it around; everybody I have spoken to; all season ticket holders think he will lose his job and the owners have seen the reactions on the Facebook page they issue; if it isn’t changed, I fear a worrying relegation fight, only helped three clubs worse than us getting relegated and we played one on Saturday who beat us comfortably 

24 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

You've just gone back to Stonehenge for crying out loud.

I'm with you on this.

Every time a Vale manager gets questioned by the fans, someone always roll's it out. Maybe we should have not accepted Freddie Steele resignation in January 1957 because who knows what might have been

I am sorry but I have been to every March this season and the tactics Crosby uses are not understood by the players or the fans and Saturday was a measure of this and the boos were indicative of that and that cannot continue; in my view he has got at most two matches; tomorrow night and Saturday and I can’t see him turning it around; everybody I have spoken to; all season ticket holders think he will lose his job and the owners have seen the reactions on the Facebook page they issue; if it isn’t changed, I fear a worrying relegation fight, only helped three clubs worse than us getting relegated and we played one on Saturday who beat us comfortably 
I know Raven, I just try and remain positive and take it one game at a time when these situations arise. It's not easy, far from it, but I have to believe it will come good and come good quickly.
I was devastated on Saturday and Peterborough, just mortified as we all are /were but I have to cling on to something.
If he goes then so be it, if he stays and we scrape through then so be it. We haven't any control over the situation.
We just have to keep going mate

6 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I'm with you on this.

Every time a Vale manager gets questioned by the fans, someone always roll's it out. Maybe we should have not accepted Freddie Steele resignation in January 1957 because who knows what might have been

Should have kept Joe Scofield on after he died in office in 1929

Archived