onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham T (H) match thread 28th Oct

Fosse69

5 minutes ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Forgot about Cass,  is he injured or frozen out for some reason?

Someone said Clark is now injured long term also. Is this correct does anyone know?  Cheers

I think he is injured.

Clark had to be helped of the pitch by 2 people yesterday and was visibly angry and upset and in pain

Advert

18 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

Everything that can possibly go wrong is going wrong at the minute. Denied 2 penalties against Stevenage on Saturday where we received an apology letter for and we should have had a penalty last night for that foul on garrity. I can't believe we arnt getting these basic decisions going in our favour considering the 2 soft penalties that we had given against us at both Portsmouth away and at Charlton away. Injuries has now become a massive problem as we have Jones, lacovitti,balmer 3 centre backs all out long term. 2 wing backs in grant and Clarke out injured long term and Wilson upfront out injured long term. We also have conlon who is non fit to play or even be on the bench. We have uche and loft basically playing 45 minutes each half to try get there match fitness up when we have a fit forward in Thomas sat on the bench hardly being given any game time. A few weeks back we were creating chances and missing them but now we arnt creating much and most efforts at goal seem to be ojo long range strikes. We don't look like scoring so it's basically another game of as soon as the opposition score it's game over. This game basically has 0-1 loss written all over it.We basically need start playing 2 upfront but Crosby keeps sticking to his 1 upfront with his same formation and tactics that teams have now sussed out how to play against it.

Our luck will turn. But it better be in time. The formation is not the main issue. It's attitudinal. We get down the side of the box and prioritise retaining possession so the ball gets recycled to midfield. The players need to commit to working a move to get in the box which most likely leads to a throw in, corner or what we want a chance near goal. 

We are not posing much of a threat in front of goal either. I haven't looked at this, but one reason the ball may keep going back is that we don't have enough targets in the box. So that is also attitudinal.  To me this has been going on for many weeks now. This drone like football at Vale Park. But in the last 20 v Peterborough we showed some improvement because we needed to. 

Aside from up front, we blew our brains out at the back. Poor defending in a simple situation for their goal. Then multiple mistakes that nearly gave them more goals coming from messing around (avoiding an expletive here). 

There is pressure on Saturday. But we still have a good residual squad of players. Opportunity beckons. Go and beat them remembering they are likely to park the bus and try to win 1-0 on the break. So please get the ball in the box and shoot.

Be there sat tues and sat I'd like see some goals for Vale  and Vale not self destructing.

A very big week for the club .

We can afford no slip ups in any game as financially the cup games are like a heartbeat to our club .

I for one think performances lately have deserved goals or penalties at least .

Bolton 0-1 you cannot tell me whe didn't deserve a goal second half as tge performance was worthy of 1 or 2 in my opinion

V Pompey 0-2 we should have being out of sight at half time the misses were unbelievable.

A fairer reflection on the game I saw a 4 -2 win 

I was there no way did they deserve 3 points 

Garrity should have had matchball in the future he will have 

V Stevenage didn't watch this game but believe we should have had 2 opportunities score from pens .

V peterboro a legitimate goal ruled out last minute the ball  was in .

Also on another day two pens a sending off for the plant one as it hit his hand first .

Ojos hit four 25 yarders you would one had of gone in as our football second half last 30 deserved yield goals. 

so on reflection  of that game a 4-4 draw being fairer as we gave them some golden chances also but to lose was sickening 

Are we malaised with bad luck .

It will turn 

Vale to win all next 3 .

Crosby you stick with the philosophy fella 

UTV 

Relax

In the last 6 games they've scored 1 every 135 mins on average.

They scored with 4 mins left on Tuesday, so they'll have to wait 131 mins for the next one.

No worries.

Though we've gone 520 mins without a league goal, so 0-0.

But seriously I think we'll beat these handily on the day 2 or 3.

1 hour ago, 1 said:

Relax

They scored with 4 mins left on Tuesday, so they'll have to wait 131 mins for the next one.

No worries.

But seriously I think we'll beat these handily on the day 2 o

Their average is better than ours though  

I think this game has got 0-0 written all over it, even with our fit defence. 

My team 

Ripley 

Cass Lowe Smith Plant 

Devine Ojo Sang 

Chislett Uche Thomas 

Hit them from all over the place pace power and goals 

3 up front 

There a saying .

You only sing when you winning 

Well we ain't but you know what in the series of games played this season we have played better than we did all games last season .

The problem with folks there not interested in going watch a team who loses but I tell you what we have played some really good football so far  this season that's why I'm going put my head on the block and say we will finish mid table easily .

We are a good side eventually things turn .

Keep the faith fellow Valiants and well done to our neighbours who have won a few after having many penalty decisions not given to them .

I see a few pens v Mansfield whether they are or not who cares  for Vale  make sure we convert them 

UTV 

21 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

My team 

Ripley 

Cass Lowe Smith Plant 

Devine Ojo Sang 

Chislett Uche Thomas 

Hit them from all over the place pace power and goals 

3 up front 

you leaving the blaster out? 

Just now, Vtid said:

you leaving the blaster out? 

Yes I am I think we moved the ball better with Devine in there tues.

That last half hr made up my mind I saw so much good play between ojo Devine and Sang .

Hoping players are working on movement for Sangs balls in  expect someone head a few home soon .

Garrity I've left out too he sounded heartbroken in his interview other night he needs rest up as he will score winner v Mansfield .

For me the blaster has gone off the boil he is only young after all .

1 minute ago, Devine intervention said:

That last half hr made up my mind I saw so much good play between ojo Devine and Sang .

Hoping players are working on movement for Sangs balls in  expect someone head a few home soon .

Garrity I've left out too he sounded heartbroken in his interview other night he needs rest up as he will score winner v Mansfield .

he's definitely dropped but like you say it's understandable 👍🏻  

1 hour ago, 1 said:

Relax

No worries.

But seriously I think we'll beat these handily on the day 2 or 3.

In the four league games since the manager changed its 3 goals and 4 points

in that same period we have 1 point and 0 goals

2 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

I hope the footballers of today are working on kicking a football with two feet surely that is the first thing that they should be able to do .

Archived