onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

52 minutes ago, cactuselves said:

Perhaps we "nearly" signed him. 

Finding it really odd after Mr Flitcroft categorically said we were exploring all avenues.

Not for a minute suggesting we didn't approach Wickham but it's certainly frustrating. 

• Like 2

Advert

On 20/02/2024 at 11:15, darren1810 said:

Didn't seem to get the minutes did he at all. Then obviously got injured for Wales.

His sheer pace caused the winner at Charlton. And I think he scored a nice goal against Sutton. But generally was underused .

Ben Williamson had pace but was erratic. I think Thomas didn't really fit our system 🤔

Didn't fit into Crosby's safety first tactics 👍 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robf said:

I wondered if he was fit, wanting to play etc but judging from the Charlton press release he has been training for a couple of weeks which means he must be there or thereabouts. 

I completely agree with you @MBE if he was fit and looking for a club he should have been exactly the sort of proven forward Vale should have been looking to add. 

I think considering our desperation for a striker we've definitely missed out there.

He scores goals and is proven at this level

Probably didn't fit into DFs criteria 🤔👍

Probably didn't fit into DFs criteria
It did make me chuckle (then cry a bit) in Flitcroft's podcast when he was on about PL2 strikers and he stated something like we identified 6 strikers at that level that would score goals at league 1 level and the rest wouldn't. I did wonder when scoring goals at league one became an objective for him when signing strikers.
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, wotsyobeef said:
14 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:
Probably didn't fit into DFs criteria emoji848.pngemoji106.png

It did make me chuckle (then cry a bit) in Flitcroft's podcast when he was on about PL2 strikers and he stated something like we identified 6 strikers at that level that would score goals at league 1 level and the rest wouldn't. I did wonder when scoring goals at league one became an objective for him when signing strikers.

Exactly,The guy is a liability. 👍

14 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

The only thing I'd say in mitigation is if you go into his injury record, he is arguably as bad if not worse than Wilson for games played. He's a chronic sicknote, he also left FGR at the first sniff of more money so maybe wanted more cash than we thought was worth it?

4 minutes ago, Granville said:

The only thing I'd say in mitigation is if you go into his injury record, he is arguably as bad if not worse than Wilson for games played. He's a chronic sicknote, he also left FGR at the first sniff of more money so maybe wanted more cash than we thought was worth it?

Either way Fraudcroft has failed in his duties on continuous Jan transfer windows hence put us right in the shyte 🤔

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:
15 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:
Probably didn't fit into DFs criteria emoji848.pngemoji106.png

He kind of implied the seventh best striker in PL2 was available but Flitcroft thought he'd be a waste of a signing

17 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Actually looking at his stats, he has scored just 29 league goals in14 seasons so looking at that  plus his injury record maybe not a good option. Averages 2 goals per season.

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I noticed Balmer scored for Wimbledon yesterday. 

Another poor signing but probably at his level now. 

It'll be our level next season. We can do alright in League Two if the correct decisions are made with the squad in the summer. We don't have the dump the whole squad, just enough to make room for new signings who will significantly improve us.

I have no confidence in Flitcroft to do this btw, but it is certainly doable with good management 

Edited by Wrex
  • Like 1