onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

What is the point of being a fan of any club without the hope of progress, the odd promotion push, a good cup run, the scalp of a bigger & higher placed team.

I am a Vale fan, I was before Carol owned the club, or before Robbie Williams was making his annual gesture visits.

It is frustrating when the ambition, hope and progress would appear to be avoiding relegation from league 1. Make no mistake, whilst knowing what our lane is, a Port Vale fan’s hope’s and dreams are no different to that of a Chelsea of Man City fan. I’m a little bit concerned that we are becoming a play thing for other clubs, as soon as Spurs & Sheff U realised how good their players are they have snatched them back. Likewise the lad from Liverpool whose name I can’t be arsed to learn, he’s probably been sent to us with a bus load of baggage, he was clearly a big issue in Scotland.

Evidently Carol and her family have done untold good with their investment. I am grateful for that but has she taken us as far as WE want her to? If we are to be a club that is stocked with developing youngsters and loan players the fan base will dwindle. Aiming to finish 14th in league 1 isn’t my idea of supporting a football team even if it is solvent.

We need players who are committed to our club, real signings who we can identify with and who are prepared to put their bodies on the line. If any of our loan signings do well we will never see them again. 

Im not sure Carol realises how important it is for at least half of the team to have a true connection with the fans, we love them and at the very least they have got to pretend to love us. 

I am prepared to offer a degree of patience and hope my pessimism is unfounded. Knowing Vale fans as I do, there certainly isn’t a groundswell of patience and understanding emanating from the terraces, in fact a couple of defeats down the line and I can envisage a few more “Super Ted’s” invading the pitch.

Will someone please cheer me up and tell me that it isn’t as bad as I think.

• Like 7

Advert

Well that was a DAMP SQUID wasn't it.

Lord knows why I bothered staying up til almost midnight in the hope that we'd actually sign a striker. I think the 64x zoom grainy mobile phone shots of scenes inside VP didn't help 😄

Being a fan who has had to follow from afar this season, I had forgotten just how many players we have that are injured, and had even totally forgotten about Mitch Clark!

The striker situation is of course quite worrying. Maybe this Mighten lad will be a bit of a threat up top, especially if he's meant to be a winger, but then as others have said, we don't play with wingers. Maybe AC has had some sort of epiphany and realised that the current formation doesn't often work, but then I think I see a pig flying past my window...

You lot have made me want cheese and bacon oatcakes out the freezer for lunch now... there goes the January diet!

KTF UTV

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ValeFanInBrum said:

Well that was a DAMP SQUID wasn't it.

Lord knows why I bothered staying up til almost midnight in the hope that we'd actually sign a striker. I think the 64x zoom grainy mobile phone shots of scenes inside VP didn't help 😄

Being a fan who has had to follow from afar this season, I had forgotten just how many players we have that are injured, and had even totally forgotten about Mitch Clark!

The striker situation is of course quite worrying. Maybe this Mighten lad will be a bit of a threat up top, especially if he's meant to be a winger, but then as others have said, we don't play with wingers. Maybe AC has had some sort of epiphany and realised that the current formation doesn't often work, but then I think I see a pig flying past my window...

You lot have made me want cheese and bacon oatcakes out the freezer for lunch now... there goes the January diet!

KTF UTV

All squids are damp, they need moisture to stay alive.  Squibs on the other hand...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well it is what it is. Can't do anything about it now. Nice little change in formation for tomorrow please. Going to be interesting come 2pm Saturday to see the line up and formation. Time for the old heads to step up and get behind the young uns, like Ben was doing before he got injured.
Strangely looking more forward to tomorrow now to see what on earth is going to happen
UTV KTF

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bimbleabout said:

Well it is what it is. Can't do anything about it now. Nice little change in formation for tomorrow please. Going to be interesting come 2pm Saturday to see the line up and formation. Time for the old heads to step up and get behind the young uns, like Ben was doing before he got injured.
Strangely looking more forward to tomorrow now to see what on earth is going to happen emoji12.png
UTV emoji123.png KTF emoji120.png

Can't say it's not interesting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

Strangely looking more forward to tomorrow now to see what on earth is going to happen emoji12.png
UTV emoji123.png KTF emoji120.png

It is never simple or not interesting at Vale.  Hang on for a bumpy rough next couple of months.

Wonder how many other club fans are saying that about their clubs transfer window.

• Like 1