onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

5 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

They don't care that their words may be adversely affecting someone - as long as they get to open their big gobs and show how clever they are! 

Always has been and always will be like that whether its right or wrong you're in the public eye! I'd love someone to call me sh** every week if it meant I was on their money! That's the reality. At the end of the day we pay money to see this as its our form of entertainment within the community as lont as its not taken to an extreme I.e harassment or threats then an opinion will always be that.

Edited by MiddleportValiant

Advert

Just now, Diego Maradona said:

Averages out at 4 per season?

What's all the fuss about?

Well if that striker comes in and only scores one goal and it’s the one it takes to win a tight game at the end of the season that keeps them up then goal ratios mean nothing. It’s also another body. When you need fresh legs or something to change things up a bit. With us being light on strikers we don’t have that opportunity. 

• Like 1

Just now, Diego Maradona said:

Not a chance! I reckon 1 forward and then done!

Not going to be enough I don’t think. We needed a striker with Uche fit. worrying, I thought we would have had at least 1 lined up from when Uche was in talks with Charlton. 

Wilson will get injured at some point. And then we’re left with Loft and Dipepa. I don’t think our strike force could be any weaker. Fingers crossed we get at least 1 in 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MiddleportValiant said:

Always has been and always will be like that whether it’s right or wrong you're in the public eye! I'd love someone to call me sh** every week if it meant I was on their money! That's the reality. At the end of the day we pay money to see this as its our form of entertainment within the community as lont as its not taken to an extreme I.e harassment or threats than an opinion will always be that.

Someone’s having a poor game, a poor run of form, has just misplaced a pass or made a mistake or heaven forbid passed it backwards… what’s the best way to give that player some support? I know some fat middle aged blokes booing them and calling them <ovf censored>, that’s how. 

The money doesn’t matter and football isn’t just about entertainment. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

They don't care that their words may be adversely affecting someone - as long as they get to open their big gobs and show how clever they are! 

Thought this for a while. Football is a small exclusive club. Can you picture if a good lower league striker speaks to Ryan Loft about the Vale.

Should imagine the advice would be if you have another offer take it. 

• Like 3

Just now, PV1973 said:

Someone’s having a poor game, a poor run of form, has just misplaced a pass or made a mistake or heaven forbid passed it backwards… what’s the best way to give that player some support? I know some fat middle aged blokes booing them and calling them <ovf censored>, that’s how. 

Like I say, they've paid their money. They're entitled to an opinion. That's reality. 

3 minutes ago, MiddleportValiant said:

Always has been and always will be like that whether its right or wrong you're in the public eye! I'd love someone to call me sh** every week if it meant I was on their money! That's the reality. At the end of the day we pay money to see this as its our form of entertainment within the community as lont as its not taken to an extreme I.e harassment or threats than an opinion will always be that.

I understand why people think they should be able to say what they want.

My point is why they would want to… In my simple brain, slagging a player off could lead to them losing confidence which means they won’t play as well.

And I can’t see why I would want a player of Port Vale to not play as well.

Just seems counter productive to me. 

Each to their own though I guess. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Phil500 said:

Thought this for a while. Football is a small exclusive club. Can you picture if a good lower league striker speaks to Ryan Loft about the Vale.

Should imagine the advice would be if you have another offer take it. 

But what can you expect. If you have been that poor as loft has been fans aren’t going to be singing his praises. That isn’t just at the vale, that is every club, not saying it’s right, but it happens at every club 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

Shocking remark. That comment is sexist, ageist and, er, weightist.

• Haha 2