onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

8 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

The subject of money is so touchy.

It's always easier to have opinions on what others should do with their money, especially when they have lots of it. 
We all have dreams of winning the lottery, but if one of us really did win, would our second or even third thought be to give Carol a ring for a bank account number to deposit 50m into? I somewhat highly doubt it...
You mention the Coates. Even though they've chucked literally hundreds of millions of punds into that club, their fans still want more and think it's not enough. When is enough enough? They're buying players for amounts that could fund our club for seasons, and still it's only enough to just about compete at the level above.
As I said elsewhere, I think the plan with bringing in Rob is for him to attract bigger sponsors and investors. Just like at AFC Hollywood. The owners there have chucked in cash, yes. But the biggest chunk of the cash, is from sponsors a club at that level usually could only dream of. United Airlines is their main sponsor. Why would an American airline that only function in the UK on a relatively small scale, want to sponsor a League 2 club with millions? Same with Tik Tok they had before. Not to mention the Amazon deal for their 'fly on the wall' thingy. Just take a look a their sponsors, and it's mainly big American brands.
I think that's what the Vale are hoping Rob can help do for the Vale, amongst other things.

Good points, well made!

My hope would be that Robbie and his crew would come in as equal partner to the Shanahans...match their investment, and both sides take 49% of the shares. The remaining 2% going to the Vale Supporters Club so they could have their say on major decisions that affect the Club and its future. Not sure whether this scenario is even legal...but I'd like to see it if it is. And Sir John Rudge to be part of the 2%-ers?

• Like 1

Advert

53 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHH im flipping fed up of returning to this flaming thread every 10 minutes to check if we have signed someone - thats it..................im going swing me golf clubs in the freezing mancave AKA the garage AKA the D1ckhead shed (copyright Mrs Hoppers 2024) 🙄🙄🙄

Not checking back until after the flood has finished at 10pm 👍👍👍👍😍😍😍😍

You know the deadline is tomorrow?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

As I write this at 21hrs on 31st January, we've experienced yet another frustratingly disappointing transfer window (unless, of course, there's massive activity in the next 2 hours?!!) 

What with the lack of replacement signings and our weighty list of injuries, we're competing in the next few games with a threadbare and imbalanced squad.  However understanding of DF's team I am trying to be and however optimistic I'm trying to remain, this next few games are going to test my patience and finger nails to the limit. Here's hoping!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bycarsbill said:

As I write this at 21hrs on 31st January, we've experienced yet another frustratingly disappointing transfer window (unless, of course, there's massive activity in the next 2 hours?!!) 

What with the lack of replacement signings and our weighty list of injuries, we're competing in the next few games with a threadbare and imbalanced squad.  However understanding of DF's team I am trying to be and however optimistic I'm trying to remain, this next few games are going to test my patience and finger nails to the limit. Here's hoping!

There's a day left yet 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Another day yet, Bill 👍🏻

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

As someone in recovery like Robbie is you tend to go seek your true passions in life when things were simpler so often you tap into a constant passion that was always there from a young age. For me it has been football. Its a constant and I have really built my recovery around the Vale, working voluntarily for the foundation and I have a meeting with Chris Turner tomorrow. Its no surprise that Robbie has done more and more with Vale especially how he sees how Carol's vision fits in with his own and his money will not only help the community but also Burslem and Port Vale. I honestly think there is some merit to the Sun's article and the evidence is already there. Think the next 30 or so hours will be very interesting. Notice Tom Ince is available and only went for 50k in the summer and lives locally. I wonder. He is still contrated to Reading.

Good post, fuzzyvalefan...and hope the recovery stays on track - sounds like you're doing everything right?

7 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Another defender , oh great stuff 👍

For crying out loud!!!!! You can look back to the summer transfer speculation and see how many calls there are for a LWB? When we do get one, you whinge about it - which, sadly, is how the few malcontents on here operate!

1 minute ago, LancyTony said:

For crying out loud!!!!! You can look back to the summer transfer speculation and see how many calls there are for a LWB? When we do get one, you whinge about it - which, sadly, is how the few malcontents on here operate!

Be nice to read a post from you where you don’t insult someone who has a different view. Honestly the worst poster on here by far. In my opinion we’re desperate for a LWB yes. But I don’t think we’re desperate for another young inexperienced one on loan. If we’re going down that route I’d rather us stick with Grant and have Shorrock to back him up, develop our young player instead of someone else’s. 

• Like 8